XB1 media remote does not channel up/down with comcast

Discus and support XB1 media remote does not channel up/down with comcast in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As the title says, I'm having an issue with the media remote not changing the channels up and down. I recently had comcast come to my home and setup... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Harrow Pwrease, Oct 20, 2015.

1. XB1 media remote does not channel up/down with comcast

As the title says, I'm having an issue with the media remote not changing the channels up and down. I recently had comcast come to my home and setup an HD receiver. I have an LG television from 4+ years ago, so I don't know if that may be an issue with
    the channels not going up or down with the media remote.

I would appreciate any help or solutions to this issue. I was really hoping to use the media remote to control my whole setup, but if that's the case, then I'm going to have to return the remote XB1 media remote does not channel up/down with comcast :(

Thanks everyone!

:)

Harrow Pwrease, Oct 20, 2015
  2. Punk Vader
    Punk Vader Guest
    Selecting channels in OneGuide opens TV Listings [Comcast]

TV Provider: Xfinity/Comcast

Motorola HDDTA-100 box plugged into a Samsung 65" TV via HDMI. [TV Model UN65F7100AF]

HDMI from Xbox to TV

I am using the Xbox One Media remote to control the TV. Everything works as it should. I can change channels. Volume up/down works. However . . .

When I select a channel in OneGuide and press the OK button on the Xbox Remote, it will change the channel, but pops up Comcast TV Listings screen. So I'm basically changing the channel with the Xbox and then having to pick up the stupid Comcast remote to
    close the dang TV Listings. This happens if I use voice command as well. Changing the channel one channel at a time with the Xbox remote works as it should - not TV Listing screen popping up. I hate Comcast with every fiber of my being so I gather this is
    a Comcast issue. Anyone experience this and/or know how to fix? I just want it to go the channel like normal, not open the TV Listing!

Grrrrr, I hate Comcast!

The only thing I can think of, is when I change the channel one at a time and it works as it should, a brief Comcast message appears on screen saying "Press OK to view Guide." It seems as if the OK button is being transmitted after the channel number gets
    sent. Any ideas?

Punk Vader, Oct 20, 2015
  3. WackArnolds
    WackArnolds Guest
    Is it worth it to buy the kinect for xb1?

I too was thinking about getting a Kinect and also hook up my cable box to my XB1 and i was thinking about getting a XB1 media remote as well. Because I wanna channel surf with my voice(I hope you can use the media remote to change the channel)

WackArnolds, Oct 20, 2015
  4. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Heya Harrow Pwrease!

Just to make sure we have everything in order with your new cable box, have you run through the OneGuide setup since getting the new hardware? In order to control your cable setup you'll need to follow the steps on

this page
    to setup your new device. Let us know what's up XB1 media remote does not channel up/down with comcast :)

Mister Maka, Oct 21, 2015
  5. Mister Maka Win User

Heya Harrow Pwrease!

Just to make sure we have everything in order with your new cable box, have you run through the OneGuide setup since getting the new hardware? In order to control your cable setup you'll need to follow the steps on

this page
    to setup your new device. Let us know what's up :)
  6. OneWhoKnocks206 Win User

Need help setting up Xfinity X1 box with Xbox one

Same problem here. I have picture, guide works fine. Won't change channels.

I can even bring up the Comcast guide using the Comcast remote, but will not change the channel.
  7. Ian e rfc Win User

Setting up Samsung Tivo device control

im using virgin media and the brand of box aswell the channels are working and i can tell it to go to channels but the pause and rewind function all arent working remote code c1060

anyting normally done from the remote (channel up or down pause rewind etc) all arent working
  8. Temhotabot Win User

Xbox 360 S remote

[quote user="iRaydawg"]

Hey guys, I see that some are trying to get the remote to change channels on your tv. Well the media remote only controls the tvs functions of power on/off, volume up/down, mute and TV input.

[/quote]

Then why bother putting number buttons and a channel up/down button on the remote? I'm disappointed that I have to use two remotes for my TV/Xbox.

@Turvey, which remote did you purchase that works on both your TV/Xbox? I have a Philips/White Console.
  9. LegendaryCorn Win User

Xbox 360 Media Remote TV code

support.xbox.com/.../media-remote

Scan for a TV code

You can send a sequence of codes to from your remote to your TV to find the right code for your TV, if you do not know it.

Turn on your TV and point the media remote toward it.

Press and hold the Mute and 5 buttons simultaneously for two seconds to enter TV programming mode.

Press the Channel Up button repeatedly to send one code per button press from your media remote to your TV. By pressing Channel Up, you advance the code each time.

When the correct code is sent from the media remote to your TV, your TV will turn off. Press the Select button to confirm your code.

If your TV turns off but you then accidently continue to press Channel Up to continue past the correct code, press Channel Down to go back to the correct code. Your TV will turn on again when you go back to the correct code. Press the Select button to confirm
    your code.
Thema:

1. XB1 media remote does not channel up/down with comcast - Similar Threads - XB1 media remote

2. Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?: Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable? (( I know they cant connect wireless because they are a different system )) 490f2abe-141e-4691-a288-7eee0056e9f2
  3. PLEASE HELP Katana Zero XB1 Freezing issue. Im a Katana Zero speedrunner and mod for the...

in XboX Insiders
    PLEASE HELP Katana Zero XB1 Freezing issue. Im a Katana Zero speedrunner and mod for the...: Example of freeze The freeze only occurs on Xbox (not on pc or switch) and is caused by how Xbox handles saving. Its possible it occurs due to cloud saving and evidence of this is the freeze does...
  4. Xb1 media remote ceased function after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xb1 media remote ceased function after update: After taking the update, the TV remote cease functioning. Did Microsoft remove the functionality as the next step to get rid of Media and TV functions? Everyone there is a major update, a feature...
  5. Get Media Player Ultra For Free (Limited Time) For XB1, Windows 10!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Get Media Player Ultra For Free (Limited Time) For XB1, Windows 10!: Get It Here! 82277d6b-6575-4699-b288-9f2c18963738
  6. NXOE bricked my XB1 Media Remote

in XBoX on Consoles
    NXOE bricked my XB1 Media Remote: Once i received the nxoe update in the preview program my xb1 media remote just quit working completely and now i have a bricked media remote that does nothing. 1dd2740c-3aba-4f36-8e17-e591477a3539
  7. XB1 Media Server

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Media Server: I currently have my XB1 set up to stream from my PC over the WiFi however it becomes juttery and stalls during some of the higher res type files. I have now connected it via Ethernet but short of...
  8. Universal Remote for XB1, Samsung TV, Virgin Media (TiVO) Bose Solo Soundbar & Apple TV??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Universal Remote for XB1, Samsung TV, Virgin Media (TiVO) Bose Solo Soundbar & Apple TV??: Yep. It's a tall order! XB1 has very quickly taken over the living room. Would there be a remote that can use all the devices stated in the title? As a family, we hate having 5 remotes...
  9. Anyone else had a issue with Amazon and Media Player preview on XB1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else had a issue with Amazon and Media Player preview on XB1: Me again.. I have noticed that if I stream content from eiither Amazon instant video or the Media Player (Preview) i get the stream intrupted with a soft of white noise picture and no sound for...
  10. Microsoft All in One Media Keyboard - kompatibel mit XB1 ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft All in One Media Keyboard - kompatibel mit XB1 ?: Does Anybody know if the All in One Media Keyboard from Microsoft kompatibel with the XBox One? I think it would be grat in combination with Internet Explorer... Has anybody tried it? Are there...