XB1 is region free right?

Discus and support XB1 is region free right? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; There's a blu-ray dvd set I want to purchase, but the thing is it was only made available on blu-ray in the US, and here in the UK it's only on DVD. If... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PlatinumSpectre, Jan 7, 2014.

1. XB1 is region free right?

There's a blu-ray dvd set I want to purchase, but the thing is it was only made available on blu-ray in the US, and here in the UK it's only on DVD. If I imported the blu-ray from the US would it play on my UK XB1? I read that XB1's are region free, so I
    am assuming it would. Don't want to buy it and it turns out I wasted my cash though.

:)

PlatinumSpectre, Jan 7, 2014
  2. PS4 has 2 more arrows in the quiver

[quote user="RedEye Expr3ss"]

Oh, The XB1 is Region locked? Just another reason I won't buy one. I Live in Australia and New games are at least %30 more then you guys pay in the states.

[/quote]

There are region free games, you know that right? Microsoft's games are all region free, Xbox 360 is region locked, Microsofts solution and many others, region free games

Hassan Singer, Jan 7, 2014
  3. Xbox One- Games Really Worth $60?

XB1 games really worth $99?? NO, Absolutely not. Thanks MS for finally being region free XB1 is region free right? ;)

RedEye Expr3ss, Jan 7, 2014
  4. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest

The games are region free. The optical drives follow DVD and Blu-ray region standards with respect to movie playback.

IceStorm III, Jan 7, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: