XAC X1/X2 inputs

Discus and support XAC X1/X2 inputs in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Plugging in a 3.5mm jack into the X1 or X2 slot on my XAC causes it to constantly drag bottom left. There doesn't have to be anything attached to the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Aiobhann, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Aiobhann
    Aiobhann Guest

XAC X1/X2 inputs

Plugging in a 3.5mm jack into the X1 or X2 slot on my XAC causes it to constantly drag bottom left. There doesn't have to be anything attached to the other end. What's the deal?

:)

Aiobhann, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Aiobhann Win User

XAC X1/X2 inputs

Updating for anyone else who might end up with this problem:

After further testing and trying things out, I've found the XAC X1/X2 slots give random, constant joystick output when you plug in a cable that's not attached to something that's programmed as a joystick.

In effect, if you just plug in a working cable, a working cable attached to a working button, or a working cable attached to a not working joystick, it will appear to "spin" in games.

One of my joysticks had a tight connection. I have reduced hand strength, so I didn't realize the cable wasn't completely pushed in until I managed it by accident. Once the cable was pushed fully into the joystick, the spinning stopped.

My second joystick appears to be dead. Even after having someone else make sure the cable was pushed in all the way, it still "spins" aka, doesn't pick up.
  3. Aiobhann Win User

XAC X1/X2 inputs

I'm trying to connect mini thumbsticks using 3.5mm, 3 ring jacks. As I said above though, it doesn't matter if there's anything attached to the other end of the jacks. As soon as I push it in x1 or x2, it's constant input. I ran it through the accessories app test and it showed x1 is always stuck on left stick left, x2 on right stick left. Changing the keybinding doesn't do anything. It won't take any input from the joysticks at all. I tried multiple cables in case I had some bad ones, but even ones I know work on other devices or other slots do the same thing. Except for one, for some reason it likes one out of the five I tried.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

XAC X1/X2 inputs

Each one of those ports default to a particular controller direction or button push.

What kind of cable or device are you connecting? have you remapped those ports in the accessories app?
  5. Aiobhann Win User

XAC X1/X2 inputs

That's unfortunate. I have had two xacs. The first one I was told to send it in for repair and got a new one. The new one has the same problem. I just played around with five jacks (all 3.5mm, 3 ring, all new) and found one that worked. Not sure what the difference is, as the other four all work fine on anything not the x1/x2 slots. Would getting a jack to usb adapter let me use my joysticks in the usb slots?
  6. andersonpassos Win User

XAC X1/X2 inputs

Thema:

XAC X1/X2 inputs

1. XAC X1/X2 inputs - Similar Threads - XAC inputs

2. Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time?: Is it possible to use a Logitech g920steering wheel and a separate joystick (Logitech 3d extreme pro ) that is Xbox compatible with the Xbox adaptive controller together. Eg allowing me to use the...
  3. TCA Sidestick X Airbus Edition and the XAC

in XBoX Accessibility
    TCA Sidestick X Airbus Edition and the XAC: I read that the TCA Sidestick X Airbus Edition is designed to work with the XBox. https://www.thrustmaster.com/en-gb/products/tca-sidestick-x-airbus-edition/ Does this mean that it will work...
  4. Can I use the XAC as a TV remote on a smart TV?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use the XAC as a TV remote on a smart TV?: Is it possible to pair the XAC with a Samsung smart TV to change channels, volume, navigate through Netflix, YouTube and cable? Thanks 2f4c4c1d-ead0-4d9e-80f6-923cf4ca4d72
  5. I can confirm the Thrustmaster USB Joystick works with the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can confirm the Thrustmaster USB Joystick works with the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC)...: Thrustmaster USB Joystick When plugged into the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC) the default buttons are listed below: Apart from the joystick functionality, the Thrustmaster USB Joystick has 6...
  6. XAC Pinouts / Expected Voltages ??

in XBoX on Consoles
    XAC Pinouts / Expected Voltages ??: Hi, does anyone have the expected open circuit voltages between the different pins for a TRRS 3.5mm plug of the R and B thumbpad of the XAC. These are pretty much meant to be 2-axis versions of...
  7. Will this perfect product work with XAC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will this perfect product work with XAC?: https://www.amazon.com/Azeron-Cyborg-Gaming-Keypad-Programmable/dp/B0B3YB78JR/ref=asc_df_B0B3YB78JR/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=598225306764&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6773552208959863299&hvpone...
  8. Connect Digital Potentiometer to the XAC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connect Digital Potentiometer to the XAC: Dear Gentles; What is the optimum way to connect digital potentiometer to the XAC currently I used X9C103P with Arduino but the connection doesn't give stable behavior due to this undocumented...
  9. Forza Motorsport 5,6,7 need to work with XAC

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forza Motorsport 5,6,7 need to work with XAC: Can Microsoft arrange for Forza Motorsport 5,6,7 to allow the use of the XAC alongside Logitech Steering wheel? There is no problem using the game with a controller then also using the XAC as Co...
  10. XAC and Logitech Extreme 3d Pro Not Working

in XBoX Accessibility
    XAC and Logitech Extreme 3d Pro Not Working: I have been working with Xbox Support but to be blunt yet polite it has been a painful and unproductive experience. As a "Plan B" I have just started a support case with Logitech. The issue I am...