XAC Pinouts / Expected Voltages ??

Discus and support XAC Pinouts / Expected Voltages ?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, does anyone have the expected open circuit voltages between the different pins for a TRRS 3.5mm plug of the R and B thumbpad of the XAC. These are... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dave_Thompson_, Aug 13, 2023.

1. XAC Pinouts / Expected Voltages ??

Hi, does anyone have the expected open circuit voltages between the different pins for a TRRS 3.5mm plug of the R and B thumbpad of the XAC. These are pretty much meant to be 2-axis versions of the RT and LT analogs, but don't seem to be - at least for me. I can get the RT and LT registering though.

The XAC input spec, it looks like the voltage between S and R2 (assuming R2 is ground) should be around 3.3V with T and R1 being the wiper voltage from the pots.

The voltages I get are:

V(r2-s)=0

V(r2-t)=3.2

V(r2-r1)=0

V(r1-t)=3.2

I would've thought V(r2-s) should have been 3.2 V, with V(r1-s)=V(t-s)= 0 or 3.2 or floating

Has anyone successfully connected a two pot thumpad and if so can you please share the voltages you used ? Don't know if there's something wrong with the controller.

:)

Dave_Thompson_, Aug 13, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

I'm sorry this is a consumer to consumer technical support for him, what you're looking for is well beyond the scope of what usually happens here

I can tell you that normal Xbox controller works with with two AA batteries, so that would be your 3.3 V
  3. Dave_Thompson_ Win User

I'm sorry this is a consumer to consumer technical support for him, what you're looking for is well beyond the scope of what usually happens here

I can tell you that normal Xbox controller works with with two AA batteries, so that would be your 3.3 V
    Hi SwordofWhedon - thanks for the heads-up. It's been a real chore to track down any support on this - I'll retrace my steps.
  4. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

Question about AV cable

I would venture a guess that since the Xbox One Headset adapter uses the CTIA spec TRRS pinout they would use the CTIA spec pinout for the 360E AV cable which is the same pinout Apple uses. So Tip-Left Ring-Right Ring-Ground Sleeve-Video
  5. MrMikeV Win User

Connecting a logitech extreme 3d pro to an xbox adaptive controller

My friend gave me his old 3D Extreme, and it gave me about 70% of the functionality I was expecting (In conjunction with the XAC). The newer 3D Extreme I bought and tried gave me nothing.
  6. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Can I use the XAC as a TV remote on a smart TV?

Hello EmmaC_OT, my name is Jose, i am here to help you in any way I can.

Yes, it is possible to pair the XAC with a Samsung smart TV to change channels among other things. To do that, follow these steps:

Turn on the XAC and the Samsung TV.

On your Samsung TV, go to Settings > General > Accessories > Bluetooth.

Turn on Bluetooth on the XAC.

The Samsung TV should detect the XAC. Select the XAC from the list of detected devices.

Once the XAC is paired with your Samsung TV, you can use the buttons on the XAC to control the TV.

To change channels, press the Channel Up or Channel Down button.

To adjust the volume, press the Volume Up or Volume Down button.

To play or pause a video, press the Play/Pause button.

To advance or rewind a video, press the Forward or Back button.

Once the XAC is paired with your Samsung TV, you can use it to listen to TV audio through headphones or speakers connected to the XAC.

If your Samsung TV supports Bluetooth, but you can't pair it with the XAC, you can try the following:

Make sure the XAC and Samsung TV are turned on and close to each other.

Restart the XAC and Samsung TV.

Try pairing the XAC with the Samsung TV in an environment with less Bluetooth interference.

I hope this information has been useful to you, have a good day.
Thema:

1. XAC Pinouts / Expected Voltages ?? - Similar Threads - XAC Pinouts Expected

2. Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time?: Is it possible to use a Logitech g920steering wheel and a separate joystick (Logitech 3d extreme pro ) that is Xbox compatible with the Xbox adaptive controller together. Eg allowing me to use the...
  3. TCA Sidestick X Airbus Edition and the XAC

in XBoX Accessibility
    TCA Sidestick X Airbus Edition and the XAC: I read that the TCA Sidestick X Airbus Edition is designed to work with the XBox. https://www.thrustmaster.com/en-gb/products/tca-sidestick-x-airbus-edition/ Does this mean that it will work...
  4. Can I use the XAC as a TV remote on a smart TV?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use the XAC as a TV remote on a smart TV?: Is it possible to pair the XAC with a Samsung smart TV to change channels, volume, navigate through Netflix, YouTube and cable? Thanks 2f4c4c1d-ead0-4d9e-80f6-923cf4ca4d72
  5. I can confirm the Thrustmaster USB Joystick works with the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can confirm the Thrustmaster USB Joystick works with the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC)...: Thrustmaster USB Joystick When plugged into the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC) the default buttons are listed below: Apart from the joystick functionality, the Thrustmaster USB Joystick has 6...
  6. Will this perfect product work with XAC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will this perfect product work with XAC?: https://www.amazon.com/Azeron-Cyborg-Gaming-Keypad-Programmable/dp/B0B3YB78JR/ref=asc_df_B0B3YB78JR/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=598225306764&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6773552208959863299&hvpone...
  7. Connect Digital Potentiometer to the XAC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connect Digital Potentiometer to the XAC: Dear Gentles; What is the optimum way to connect digital potentiometer to the XAC currently I used X9C103P with Arduino but the connection doesn't give stable behavior due to this undocumented...
  8. Forza Motorsport 5,6,7 need to work with XAC

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forza Motorsport 5,6,7 need to work with XAC: Can Microsoft arrange for Forza Motorsport 5,6,7 to allow the use of the XAC alongside Logitech Steering wheel? There is no problem using the game with a controller then also using the XAC as Co...
  9. XAC X1/X2 inputs

in XBoX Accessibility
    XAC X1/X2 inputs: Plugging in a 3.5mm jack into the X1 or X2 slot on my XAC causes it to constantly drag bottom left. There doesn't have to be anything attached to the other end. What's the deal?...
  10. XAC and Logitech Extreme 3d Pro Not Working

in XBoX Accessibility
    XAC and Logitech Extreme 3d Pro Not Working: I have been working with Xbox Support but to be blunt yet polite it has been a painful and unproductive experience. As a "Plan B" I have just started a support case with Logitech. The issue I am...