XAC and Logitech Extreme 3d Pro Not Working

Discus and support XAC and Logitech Extreme 3d Pro Not Working in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have been working with Xbox Support but to be blunt yet polite it has been a painful and unproductive experience. As a "Plan B" I have just started a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BrawnierSquare5, Jun 30, 2022.

1. XAC and Logitech Extreme 3d Pro Not Working

I have been working with Xbox Support but to be blunt yet polite it has been a painful and unproductive experience. As a "Plan B" I have just started a support case with Logitech. The issue I am experiencing is that my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick will not function with my XAC.

I have done extensive troubleshooting to date. With a known working Xbox/XAC/Extreme 3d Pro platform, through substitution, I was able to isolate the issue to the joystick itself. The joystick was confirmed as working with a PC. The working joystick and the one I recently purchased have different part numbers and PID numbers despite their both being identical visually and in name. The question is now is the issue incompatible hardware or a driver issue.

Is anyone else out there experiencing the same issue? Does anyone know of a solution? Is there anyone who reps Microsoft/Xbox who can help me out?

:)

BrawnierSquare5, Jun 30, 2022
  2. sarkah Win User

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joysticks not connecting to Xbox Adaptive Controller

The Extreme 3D Pro joystick has stopped working with the XAC. Are you able to return the Logitech joysticks to vendor you purchased them from? There are some alternative joysticks that work out of the box, including the Thrustmaster USB Joystick, which should be similar the the Logitech ones you have now.
  3. sarkah Win User

Manufacturers often change a product design and continue to sell it as the same product. This is normal and can result from supply chain issues or cost-saving efforts. It sounds likeone of two things has happened, because reporting of this XAC incompatibility issue is widespread on this forum:

• Maybe a recent hardware revision of the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick has made it no longer compatible with XAC
    • Maybe a recent firmware revision of the XAC has made it no longer compatible with Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick
    • Maybe this regression is a complicated product of both hardware and firmware revisions
    Wherever the problem stems from, it is the case that a new Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick does not work with an updated XAC today.

Rather than waiting for Logitech and Microsoft to stop their Spiderman-pointing-at-Spiderman customer support reaction, I recommend buying a different joystick. Finding an XAC-compatible joystick can be difficult, but I have successfully tested the following in the past month: Thrustmaster USB Joystick, Hyperkin Trooper 2, and Ultimarc UltraStick 360.

If, by chance, you can play with one joystick and some arcade-sized buttons, I recommend looking for a "fight stick" controller to take the place of your XAC + joystick setup. (A fight stick is a large controller designed for fighting games.)
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Logitech is the official accessories partner for the adaptive controller and the joystick he mentions is listed as officially compatible on the XAC website. The adaptive controller provides the security chip for approved accessories like the Rock Band adapter before it

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/controllers/xbox-adaptive-controller

My experience dealing with logitech support on the adaptive buttons leads me to believe that no one there really knows anything about the adaptive controller, and they are simply throwing your back to Microsoft because they don’t have answers for you.

I would suggest asking to speak to a supervisor, and possibly arranging an exchange as the joystick may be defective.. Also please try plugging other accessories into the USB ports on the adaptive controller in order to make sure those ports are properly functional
  5. BrawnierSquare5 Win User

I appreciate the fact that you're attempting to render assistance, but it is clear that you are not familiar with the XAC, how it functions, or how it is marketed.

If you reference the page linked below, you will see that Xbox indicates that the Extreme 3d Pro functions with the controller. Information on the page even goes so far as to include information on the default button mapping.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...ty/devices-that-work-with-adaptive-controller
  6. BrawnierSquare5 Win User

Yesterday, Logitech Support referred me back to Microsoft/Xbox support. They indicated that it is Microsoft/Xbox that list the joystick as a supported device not Logitech and therefore the problem is with Microsoft/Xbox.
Thema:

1. XAC and Logitech Extreme 3d Pro Not Working - Similar Threads - XAC Logitech Extreme

2. Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time?: Is it possible to use a Logitech g920steering wheel and a separate joystick (Logitech 3d extreme pro ) that is Xbox compatible with the Xbox adaptive controller together. Eg allowing me to use the...
  3. TCA Sidestick X Airbus Edition and the XAC

in XBoX Accessibility
    TCA Sidestick X Airbus Edition and the XAC: I read that the TCA Sidestick X Airbus Edition is designed to work with the XBox. https://www.thrustmaster.com/en-gb/products/tca-sidestick-x-airbus-edition/ Does this mean that it will work...
  4. Can I use the XAC as a TV remote on a smart TV?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use the XAC as a TV remote on a smart TV?: Is it possible to pair the XAC with a Samsung smart TV to change channels, volume, navigate through Netflix, YouTube and cable? Thanks 2f4c4c1d-ead0-4d9e-80f6-923cf4ca4d72
  5. I can confirm the Thrustmaster USB Joystick works with the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can confirm the Thrustmaster USB Joystick works with the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC)...: Thrustmaster USB Joystick When plugged into the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC) the default buttons are listed below: Apart from the joystick functionality, the Thrustmaster USB Joystick has 6...
  6. XAC Pinouts / Expected Voltages ??

in XBoX on Consoles
    XAC Pinouts / Expected Voltages ??: Hi, does anyone have the expected open circuit voltages between the different pins for a TRRS 3.5mm plug of the R and B thumbpad of the XAC. These are pretty much meant to be 2-axis versions of...
  7. Will this perfect product work with XAC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will this perfect product work with XAC?: https://www.amazon.com/Azeron-Cyborg-Gaming-Keypad-Programmable/dp/B0B3YB78JR/ref=asc_df_B0B3YB78JR/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=598225306764&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6773552208959863299&hvpone...
  8. Connect Digital Potentiometer to the XAC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connect Digital Potentiometer to the XAC: Dear Gentles; What is the optimum way to connect digital potentiometer to the XAC currently I used X9C103P with Arduino but the connection doesn't give stable behavior due to this undocumented...
  9. Forza Motorsport 5,6,7 need to work with XAC

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forza Motorsport 5,6,7 need to work with XAC: Can Microsoft arrange for Forza Motorsport 5,6,7 to allow the use of the XAC alongside Logitech Steering wheel? There is no problem using the game with a controller then also using the XAC as Co...
  10. XAC and Logitech Extreme 3d Pro Not Working

in XBoX Accessibility
    XAC and Logitech Extreme 3d Pro Not Working: I have been working with Xbox Support but to be blunt yet polite it has been a painful and unproductive experience. As a "Plan B" I have just started a support case with Logitech. The issue I am...