X360 System Settings To Defaults Without Formatting/Deleting HDD?

Discus and support X360 System Settings To Defaults Without Formatting/Deleting HDD? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Forums, I am in need of help. I would like to know how to Reset all System Settings back to it's Original Factory Default Settings without... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SUPREMEiMPERIAL, Feb 8, 2014.

1. X360 System Settings To Defaults Without Formatting/Deleting HDD?

Hello Forums,

I am in need of help. I would like to know how to Reset all System Settings back to it's Original Factory Default Settings without having to format and/or delete contents on the Hard Drive? Once again I would like to restore all settings
    back to original Factory settings without having to involve the Hard Drive. How can I accomplish this?

I am able to do this on the PS3 by going into Settings > System settings > Restore Default Settings. This in effect restores all settings back to original factory default settings without formatting and/or deleting anything on the Hard Drive. Is there a
    similar option on the Xbox 360?

I have been told to delete the System Update, clear the Cache and finally hold down the power button for a few seconds. I can confirm these options do not work for restoring original factory settings.
    The only option that I know that works IS THE ONE I AM ABSOLUTELY NOT GOING TO DO, which is Formatting the Hard Drive.

Please help me. If you cannot tell by now, I really do not want to have to Format/Delete my Hard Drive just to fix the settings.

(Re-post. Original in Support Thread.)

:)

SUPREMEiMPERIAL, Feb 8, 2014
  2. System Settings to Defaults Without Formatting/Deleting HDD?

Any help at all would be nice.

SUPREMEiMPERIAL, Feb 8, 2014
  3. Malacath
    Malacath Guest
    System Settings to Defaults Without Formatting/Deleting HDD?

The only way I can find to do this is to run the Initial setup.

That's more or less a factory reset that doesn't wipe the hard drive.

Also if you want to do this to go back to the original dashboard software from the factory you can't. It's just not possible to go back to earlier dashboard software.

Malacath, Feb 8, 2014
  4. X360 System Settings To Defaults Without Formatting/Deleting HDD?

You could take out the Hard Drive from the older/S snd E models of the 360 easily.

See if that helps.

If you have an S or an E model, you can remove the Hard Drive from the bottom and pulling the ribbon gently and it will come out.

Then try a factory reset.

Hope this helps

FazzyWazzy 86, Feb 8, 2014
  5. @Fake Hedgehog

Thank You for the reply but this did not solve the issue.

SUPREMEiMPERIAL, Mar 1, 2014
  6. Nabby 2010
    Nabby 2010 Guest
    There are a lot of settings stored in files on the hard drive. You can pull the hard drive and do a factory reset, but as soon as you put the hard drive back in, it's going to load those settings up from it. If you want to reset everything in one fell swoop,
    you're going to be erasing the hard drive, too. If you've got a bunch of stuff you want to keep, either copy it to the cloud, or a USB stick / hard drive. Otherwise, you need to reset each setting individually. If you don't mind my asking, what are you hoping
    to accomplish by resetting all your settings? There may be a simpler solution.

Nabby 2010, Mar 3, 2014
  7. just delete everything you dont want manually, so easy..not sure why you would want to do a factory reset unless your selling it on or something

RepaidYeti18970, Oct 31, 2018
  8. RepaidYeti18970 Win User

just delete everything you dont want manually, so easy..not sure why you would want to do a factory reset unless your selling it on or something
  9. FazzyWazzy 86 Win User

You could take out the Hard Drive from the older/S snd E models of the 360 easily.

See if that helps.

If you have an S or an E model, you can remove the Hard Drive from the bottom and pulling the ribbon gently and it will come out.

Then try a factory reset.

Hope this helps
  10. Nabby 2010 Win User

There are a lot of settings stored in files on the hard drive. You can pull the hard drive and do a factory reset, but as soon as you put the hard drive back in, it's going to load those settings up from it. If you want to reset everything in one fell swoop,
    you're going to be erasing the hard drive, too. If you've got a bunch of stuff you want to keep, either copy it to the cloud, or a USB stick / hard drive. Otherwise, you need to reset each setting individually. If you don't mind my asking, what are you hoping
    to accomplish by resetting all your settings? There may be a simpler solution.
  11. SUPREMEiMPERIAL Win User

@Fake Hedgehog

Thank You for the reply but this did not solve the issue.
  12. Malacath Win User

System Settings to Defaults Without Formatting/Deleting HDD?

The only way I can find to do this is to run the Initial setup.

That's more or less a factory reset that doesn't wipe the hard drive.

Also if you want to do this to go back to the original dashboard software from the factory you can't. It's just not possible to go back to earlier dashboard software.
Thema:

1. X360 System Settings To Defaults Without Formatting/Deleting HDD? - Similar Threads - X360 System Settings

2. Cannot connect to Xbox live for X360 backward compatibility games on Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot connect to Xbox live for X360 backward compatibility games on Series X: Hello there, For all the xbox 360 games I run on my XSX I get an error connecting to the xbox lived in the emulator itself. First of all when I launch a game, I get "Getting your Xbox 360...
  3. Some X360 content not available for purchase on Xbox One/Series S/Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Some X360 content not available for purchase on Xbox One/Series S/Series X: Some content is not available for purchase on Xbox One/Series S/Series X. Specifically the Wizard Tower DLC from Oblivion made me encounter this issue. Though the support team tells me it applies...
  4. I started getting error code 8015190A on both of my x360 consoles today when trying to sign...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I started getting error code 8015190A on both of my x360 consoles today when trying to sign...: It was working fine this morning but it seems like after I copied a game save from one console to put on the other it won't let me sign into xbox live any more. It will sign into xbox live without...
  5. Why I can not redeem my X360 Forza Horizon digital code?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I can not redeem my X360 Forza Horizon digital code?: Hello, I bought Forza Horizon digital code card few days ago( old stock from a library shop), and I was trying to redeem it in my account, and every time I enter the code, it shows that I am...
  6. X360 Dashboard On Series S

in XBoX on Windows
    X360 Dashboard On Series S: Hi. Is there a way to enter the X360 Dashboard On A Series S? I dont a 360 console so i would like to know eb1de153-e547-4c97-801d-426a8e527238
  7. Cannot connect to Xbox Live on backwards compatible X360 games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live on backwards compatible X360 games: I'm having an issue where I can't access Xbox Live for X360 games while using my Xbox One. I've followed many of the threads from the past 4 years about this issue, most recently this one, as well...
  8. Leaderboards on a lot games x360 are freeze again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Leaderboards on a lot games x360 are freeze again: Leaderboards on a lot games x360 are freeze again and when will be fixed ? kane & lynch 2 dog days, gta IV, splinter cell, and a lot of x360 games 6000df13-110e-4738-9b94-0ff1cc52a01a
  9. Can the XONE be System Linked to an X360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the XONE be System Linked to an X360?: Hi everyone, I'm kinda new to these forums, so I'm sorry if I accidentally say something stupid Just wondering, can the XONE be System Linked to an X360? I know two 360s can be system linked,...
  10. Start Downloaded Games from the hard drive on X360 freeze the system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Start Downloaded Games from the hard drive on X360 freeze the system: Hi, I have a problem that started a few days ago. I was already with xbox support for a few hours, but it resolved the issue for a short time, and now the problem is back. I have done many tests...