X1X Download speed at 1/10th of normal

Discus and support X1X Download speed at 1/10th of normal in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi everyone, For reference I am completely wireless and don't have access to the modem due to renting a garage apartment. When I first moved in I was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cliffchirper, Nov 15, 2021.

1. cliffchirper
    cliffchirper Guest

Hi everyone,

For reference I am completely wireless and don't have access to the modem due to renting a garage apartment.

When I first moved in I was getting about 200mbps down just fine. Recently I noticed that running speedtest on my phone I get the 200mbps down, but running speedtest on the Xbox (through Edge or the test built into the UI) only yields 20mbps.

I've tried resetting both the Xbox and router but nothing changed.

Any idea why the massive disparity in download speed between devices?

:)

cliffchirper, Nov 15, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there cliffchirper welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. What you are experiencing is due to the high volume of gamers being connected at the same time, this is due to the pandemic and everyone being inside on these difficult times, but we can try some troubleshooting to see if this situation improves!

CLOSE ALL RUNNING SOFTWARE Assuming that a system restart has no effect on download speeds, the second solution is to close any and all running software. Since both game software and streaming applications pause all system-level background downloads, this step ensures that there’s nothing preventing software from downloading at full speed. Here’s how to close games and software on the Xbox One: Navigate to the console’s Home screen. Highlight the game or software that is running, then press the Menu button on the Xbox One controller. In the pop-up menu, select Quit to close the software. Once the software is closed, double-check your download speed.

CANCEL AND RESTART DOWNLOADS There’s one last solution for Xbox One users who suffer from slow download speeds despite applying the fixes above. It involves cancelling the software download or installation entirely, then restarting it. This is far less likely to work than the aforementioned fixes, but it’s worth trying if nothing else has worked. From the Home screen, open My Games & Apps. Select Queue, then highlight the software being downloaded. Press the Menu button on the Xbox One controller, then select Cancel. Once the download has been cancelled, the software can be downloaded again from the Microsoft Store or by re-inserting the game disc.

CLEAR THE CACHE: 1. Turn off your Xbox One using the power button on the console. 2. Once your Xbox One has completely powered down, unplug the power cord from the back of the console. Don't simply unplug the cord from the wall's electrical socket — it must be disconnected from your Xbox One. 3. Wait a minute, and then reconnect the power cord to both the Xbox One console and the electrical socket. 4. Let another minute pass. If you're using an original Xbox One (as opposed to an Xbox One S or One X), watch for a small white light to appear on the Xbox One's power brick (the rectangular part of the power cord). Once the white light turns orange, you can turn your Xbox One back on. If you're using an Xbox One S or One X, just wait out the minute and turn it on afterwards.

CLEAR THE MAC ADDRESS

Open the Xbox Guide by pressing the guide button on the controller and select

Settings.

Select Network Settings.

Select Advanced Settings.

Under Change Settings select Alternate MAC Address.

Select Clear.

Allow the console to restart when prompted.
  3. TexanMullet69 Win User

Problems with services on XBox1

I am also getting low download speeds on the XBox 1 test, but on my PC they are normal.
  4. The Shady Goat Win User

Slow download speed on Xbox One

1/4th would be a blessing. The network tests are averaging .06-1mbps download speed. Ping, packet loss, upload speed and wireless strength are perfectly normal though.
  5. 啟軒中國 Win User

Xbox Downloads are broken - Live Services issue?

I have the same problem on both PC and XBOX one X.

I subscribed to a 100Mb optical, but my download speed is 1~2 Mb.

Speedtest is normal, youtube is normal.

In Sydney
  6. 啟軒中國 Win User

Xbox (Beta) Slow download speeds

I have the same problem on both PC and XBOX one X.

I subscribed to a 100Mb optical, but my download speed is 1~2 Mb.

Speedtest is normal, youtube is normal.

In Sydney, btw
Thema:

1. X1X Download speed at 1/10th of normal - Similar Threads - X1X Download speed

2. X1X - SSD swap and insider program.

in XboX Insiders
    X1X - SSD swap and insider program.: Clarification needed here. I think I am boned. >_< I have swapped the HDD of my 1X with and SSD and, if I am understanding correctly, I cannot perform an offline update until the public OSU...
  3. Is RDR1 for xbox360 x1x enhanced by update?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is RDR1 for xbox360 x1x enhanced by update?: I bought a rdr game that says it's only for xbox 360 on the box. I couldn't got the one which says xbox one as well. So now my question is; 1. Will i be able to play this backwards compatible on...
  4. X1X to XSX game progress transfer?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X1X to XSX game progress transfer?: Hi, i have a question. I'll buy an Xbox series X this week and i'd like to know if there's a way to transfer game progress of RDR2 story mode from X1X to series X? I'm 74% into the game and i'm...
  5. Failed to buy Dead or Alive 4 on A S-Ahead preview X1X and error said must log in with gamertag

in XboX Insiders
    Failed to buy Dead or Alive 4 on A S-Ahead preview X1X and error said must log in with gamertag: So last night I was on my Alpha Skip-Ahead X1X (before the 2202 preview release) and I was successful bought two games (Otogi and Otogi 2), then on the 3rd one, DOA4, I pressed Purchase and got...
  6. Updates for X1X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Updates for X1X: I'm an otr driver. I'm so pissed off with Microsoft right now. Every [mod removed] time i get any kind of wifi from stopping at a truck stop, my Xbox 1x needs to be updated. Meaning i can't play...
  7. : Why is there still no HDMI-CEC on the X1X?

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Why is there still no HDMI-CEC on the X1X?: : Why is there still no HDMI-CEC on the X1X? I understand that this is already the last generation, but about a year ago, before the XSX was released, there was a firmware with HDMI-CEC on the X1X...
  8. Super Mega Baseball 3. Online seldom locates a game on my x1x.. Wifi at home.. ALL other...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Super Mega Baseball 3. Online seldom locates a game on my x1x.. Wifi at home.. ALL other...: Have waited for an hour for an online to start. No issues with other games. I have x1x and runs great. Thank you much. SMB3 has some issue.. 1 and 2.. Normally gat players short period.. Last 2...
  9. My X1X is no longer starting. It only gives the chime when pushing the button.

in XboX Insiders
    My X1X is no longer starting. It only gives the chime when pushing the button.: My controller will act like it is connected for about 5 sec, then shut off. Please submitted by /u/SouthPark_Gamer [link] [comments]
  10. Are you ready for X1X and prepared to download extra 50 GB on every game????

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are you ready for X1X and prepared to download extra 50 GB on every game????: What is the point of buying an Xbox One X if you already own an Xbox One and have no intention of downloading the enhanced content? All versions of the Xbox One will play the same games, so just...