X box taking forever to do anything

Discus and support X box taking forever to do anything in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This just started on my xbox this morning too. Takes about 15 min to start. Then another 10 or so for the dashboard top finish loading everything. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dbxyy1x7 bartlett, May 28, 2024.

1. X box taking forever to do anything

This just started on my xbox this morning too. Takes about 15 min to start. Then another 10 or so for the dashboard top finish loading everything. I also have a 2TB external HD. Not the problem. Ive hard booted. Not the problem. Unplugging for 30 sec then starting over. Not the problem. When in my dashboard everything i click on takes FORVER to load. Can't even play games like this. Im about to factory reset the damn thing. Other than that, i have no clue why this$300 piece of equipment can't load right. Microsoft.... you got issues.

:)

dbxyy1x7 bartlett, May 28, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, dbxyy1x7 B. I’m Arturo, a community user like you, and I’ll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Based on the information you provided, it could be a hardware issue.

However, before considering that, I can suggest the following potential fixes:

1. Factory reset your console:

Open Settings > System > Console info > reset > select “keep my games & apps”.

Note: Make sure to know your credentials before doing this procedure.

2. Perform an offline update on your console.
    This potential fix requires a USB drive and a PC to transfer the files to it:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/offline-system-update

Note: If you're enrolled in the Xbox Insider program, do not proceed with this option. Instead, you may want to leave the program and wait until your console receives a stable OS update. Exist the chance that the latest Insider OS update caused this issue.

I'll remain attentive to any other inquiry you may have.

Regards,

Arturo.
  3. Misses Joust Win User

Xbox 360 takes forever to do anything!

You're very welcome. =) If you run into any other issues, please hit us up here and let us know. We'll help you through it!
  4. Mister Cerb Win User

5. Slikyboi Uk x Win User

Thanks I got a new HDD and added all my previous downloaded content to my download que! Thanks for the help!
  6. Slikyboi Uk x Win User

Thank you so much, I removed my hard drive and started up my xbox, and it's back to normal and works just fine! So now I need to get my self a new hard drive, how would I go about moving all my data from the old hard drive to a new one?
Thema:

1. X box taking forever to do anything - Similar Threads - box taking forever

2. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  3. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  4. Connection problem with sky hub and my x box one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection problem with sky hub and my x box one: Ho I having issues connecting to my xbox one with sky broadband , lhave tried all the the normal fixes but still no joy. dbfeabac-ca59-4f29-bbe3-0a528e34ef7d
  5. How to fix my X Box warranty incorrectness in microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix my X Box warranty incorrectness in microsoft account: How to fix my X Box warranty incorrect details in microsoft account. I tried talk to agent but it always shows please try after some time. Please do the needful. Regards [mod removed - personal...
  6. Is the orange box backwards compatible with xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the orange box backwards compatible with xbox one: So I wanted to ask you if the orange box is backwards compatible with xbox one please respond soon a1045a00-0713-4b3c-95a5-52e14082e179
  7. Who's genius idea was it to make a new box that takes up over 2/3rds of your screen when...

in XboX Insiders
    Who's genius idea was it to make a new box that takes up over 2/3rds of your screen when...: It is things like this that kind of make it frustrating to be on this platform as an insider. This decision feels like a change for the sake of change, rather than anything good, as the thing this...
  8. Quick question i have a x box one s i take the internal hard drive can I make a external...

in XboX Insiders
    Quick question i have a x box one s i take the internal hard drive can I make a external...: Pls submitted by /u/Temporary-Grass8116 [link] [comments]
  9. When on x box one certain games the games start but then the screen goes blank and takes me...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When on x box one certain games the games start but then the screen goes blank and takes me...: When on x box one certain games the games start but then the screen goes blank and takes me back to the home page. 9d38fbc0-3c5c-4827-86a5-368a1972e146
  10. X box 360 S won't take update. Won't reset to factory and won't connect to live ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box 360 S won't take update. Won't reset to factory and won't connect to live ...: I have tried doing all the ways to get the update. I have tried taking out hd and putting back in I have tried to use cd and usb to install. I have tried all the xbox controller codes to...