X box series x power supply issue

Discus and support X box series x power supply issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Guys I have been with x box for 21 years (2003). I am highly disappointed in the customer service and support I have received with this power supply... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BarionSmith, Jan 6, 2024.

1. BarionSmith
    BarionSmith Guest

Guys I have been with x box for 21 years (2003). I am highly disappointed in the customer service and support I have received with this power supply issue.

It’s been a roller coaster to say the least.

About a week ago my console begin to shut off unexpectedly, as a result I went through the basic trouble shooting steps nothing worked. I assumed the Xbox was overheating since the previous trouble shooting steps did not work and the power light begin to blink twice about every second( kinda like the old red rings of death). I dusted the Xbox but did not change location as it was in a well vented area.

When all the steps failed I reached out to Xbox for support. Here is when things begin to become infuriating, I spoke with customer support and let them know right away the warranty was up since I got the console on the release date (camped out for this system ). The costumer agent told me I had 3 options from his point; I could either send in the Xbox to be recycled for $150, send in for repair for $300 or take to Best Buy cause they have a contract with Microsoft/Xbox. I decided to go with the Best Buy apt the supervisor I spoke to was Luis and the front line agent Josh on 12/28/23 @640 pm MST at which point I was scheduled with an apt at best buy. I took off work that day in order to make the morning apt an to my surprise the best buy agent said they did not work with Xbox.

So today I spoke with the costumer service team again to inquire as to why I was sent to bestbuy if they did not contract with Microsoft. The new supervisor told me he did not know why I would schedule an apt. I explained that it was their agents that scheduled the appointment. He told me this should not have happen and the only place I can send the Xbox is to Microsoft for $300 or a 3rd party called u break I fix.

At this point I have washed my hands with Xbox. I’m forced to buy a new console now, but I will not be moving forward with any future Xbox purchases passed this series x console. I am truly saddened, angry , and surprised all at once.

Please be aware of the power supply issue!

:)

BarionSmith, Jan 6, 2024
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Microsoft has recently introduced official repair programs, which includes the Xbox power supply.

While you repair your Xbox yourself at your own risk, you can purchase a new power supply here and if you look at the bottom of the page you'll find a detailed guide with pictures on how to replace it.

https://www.ifixit.com/products/xbox-series-x-power-supply
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Xbox Series X power button blinks rapidly when I try to power it on from controller and then it doesn't power on.

The rapid flashing of the power button on the Xbox Series X indicates that there may be an issue with the console's power supply or the internal hardware.
  4. NikkiF99uk Win User

Will a UK X Box One S and Original X Box work in the US

One option is to try to get a new power supply diretly from microsoft, the other option is to get a power converter to use it.
    For the X Box One S or Original X Box?
  5. Mister Getafix Win User

X Box one power supply issue

Heya!

Apologies for the late reply!

Unfortunately, it does sound like the power supply might be going bad.

To be sure are you seeing the same issues with a new power supply (possibly a friend's power supply?).

Let's try running through all of the steps for the
    Xbox Power Supply Solution
    as well.

If none of the steps work let's have you reach out to the
    chat team
    to see about acquiring a new one.

Feel free to post back and let us know how that goes!
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox series x europe

Hi,

A YouTube tech channel called 'Digital Foundry' (they have a million subscribers) were invited by Microsoft back in April-March to see the Xbox Series X. The unit they saw had a multi-voltage power supply. This unit was not the final Series X though.

However, since the release of the Xbox S console, Microsoft have been equipping there consoles with multi-voltage power internal supplies, indeed, the Xbox One X has one. Multi-voltage power supplies work anywhere around the world, all you need is an adaptor
    for the plug.

It stands to reason that both the Series X and S will continue this trend. More information will be available closer to launch. I would advise to keep your pre-order.
Thema:

1. X box series x power supply issue - Similar Threads - box series power

2. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  3. My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?: Our home wifi seems to work with phones, laptops, etc...but it just stopped allowing my X-Box Series S to connect. Cannot figure out way and have tried all the steps I can find recommended....
  4. Can my Xbox Series S controller be replaced if it came out of the box faulty/broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my Xbox Series S controller be replaced if it came out of the box faulty/broken: I want to know if it's too late to replace it, sense it came faulty It was paid for and I wasn't expecting it to have broken analog sticks, hope it can be replaced it's the only controller. I...
  5. Will there be a X box Series X Pro with upgraded Hardware and performance?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will there be a X box Series X Pro with upgraded Hardware and performance?: I’m sure you are aware of some of the social media outrage over the new speculated X Box. As someone who is planning to join the X Box community soon I am sort of disappointed in the leaks. This...
  6. X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china

in XBoX on Consoles
    X-Box Series S Cannot connect to internet in china: Hi, I live in mainland china and just brought a Xbox series s over from Australia and it doesn’t connect to the internet. Because of this I can’t play any online games update games or get new...
  7. On my X Box Series S console, Microsoft Flight Simulator is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    On my X Box Series S console, Microsoft Flight Simulator is not working: It says I am offline when the consol says I am connected to my internet 023098d0-763f-4e77-ac2e-1c121c25b063
  8. X Box Series WiFi Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box Series WiFi Issue: Hello my guy has a X Box Series X and he's having to connect to WiFi almost everytime he cuts it on then most times it doesn't automatically connect and it makes us restart our router then it...
  9. X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?: My xbox keeps on disconnecting every time i log in to play, and when i try to reconnect it to WiFi, it takes up to 30 tries to be successful, is really stressful having to type the password 30...
  10. Microsoft elite series 2 replacement used with issues out of the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft elite series 2 replacement used with issues out of the box: Why spend 90 bucks for a used controller that wasn't inspected. Just received it today. Left stick sticks when going right. And the audio port is dead. Had to clean the controller covered in...