X BOX S 2nd controller paired but wont work as second controller for multiplayer. I've...

Discus and support X BOX S 2nd controller paired but wont work as second controller for multiplayer. I've... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; X BOX S 2nd controller paired but wont work as second controller for multiplayer. I've fully updated my controllers already still dose nothing but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by james barnes3, Oct 19, 2023.

1. X BOX S 2nd controller paired but wont work as second controller for multiplayer. I've...

X BOX S 2nd controller paired but wont work as second controller for multiplayer. I've fully updated my controllers already still dose nothing but allow me to press big x.

:)

james barnes3, Oct 19, 2023
  2. XBF - Dom Win User

X BOX S 2nd controller paired but wont work as second controller for multiplayer

Hello JulianSandford1,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue!

When you're launching the game and going to presumably, the versus menu, is it asking you to sign into an account when attempting to add the second controller?

Can you verify that the second controller has been updated?

Press the Xbox button to open the guide,

Navigate to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.

On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided.
  3. MichaelSibbald1 Win User

X BOX S 2nd controller paired but wont work as second controller for multiplayer

Hi I have the same problem (wife wants to destroy me in Mortal Kombat too). Both controllers updated and work fine individually within games but when trying to use as a second player the second controller isn't recognised. Oddly the Xbox and screen shot buttons still work, just nothing that interacts with the game.

I've tried resyncing the controllers, hard resets, no luck.

I'm new to Xbox so could be something obvious I am missing. But there doesn't seem to be all that much that I could have done to have this problem.
  4. Gerardo CG Win User

X BOX S 2nd controller paired but wont work as second controller for multiplayer. I've fully updated my controllers already still dose nothing but allow me to press big x.

Hi there James, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Just to clarify, are you trying to play with the second controller through Xbox Cloud Gaming or with games directly downloaded on your console?

I'll be awaiting for your response.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  5. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi again James, thanks for the clarification.

Currently, it's not possible to use more than one controller while playing through cloud gaming. It's expected that this may become possible in the future, but unfortunately, they haven't announced an exact or approximate date for this feature.

For now, in order to play with more than one controller in a game, you'll need to do so with games that you have downloaded directly to your console.

I appreciate your understanding and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  6. james barnes3 Win User

Thank for responding so quick.Im trying to play through cloud on my game pass it has been working on the games that I've bought and installed.
Thema:

X BOX S 2nd controller paired but wont work as second controller for multiplayer. I've...

1. X BOX S 2nd controller paired but wont work as second controller for multiplayer. I've... - Similar Threads - BOX 2nd controller

2. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  3. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  4. Connection problem with sky hub and my x box one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection problem with sky hub and my x box one: Ho I having issues connecting to my xbox one with sky broadband , lhave tried all the the normal fixes but still no joy. dbfeabac-ca59-4f29-bbe3-0a528e34ef7d
  5. How to fix my X Box warranty incorrectness in microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix my X Box warranty incorrectness in microsoft account: How to fix my X Box warranty incorrect details in microsoft account. I tried talk to agent but it always shows please try after some time. Please do the needful. Regards [mod removed - personal...
  6. Is the orange box backwards compatible with xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the orange box backwards compatible with xbox one: So I wanted to ask you if the orange box is backwards compatible with xbox one please respond soon a1045a00-0713-4b3c-95a5-52e14082e179
  7. How do you make fifa 24 live on 2 accounts. 2nd x box new (home box) wil only play offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you make fifa 24 live on 2 accounts. 2nd x box new (home box) wil only play offline: How do you make fifa 24 live on 2 boxes.. 2nd box will only play offline. It is downloaded on 1st box. 2nd box is home box 02f23c38-713f-430a-b332-6a239a6748ce
  8. X BOX S 2nd controller paired but wont work as second controller for multiplayer

in XBoX on Consoles
    X BOX S 2nd controller paired but wont work as second controller for multiplayer: Hi I got an XBOX S yesterday, i have two controllers, me and my wife want to play local two player( Mortal Kombat etc) but when i try to activate the 2nd controller it wont recognise me pressing...
  9. 2nd X-BOX ONE remote controller cannot play in Minecraft Dungeons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2nd X-BOX ONE remote controller cannot play in Minecraft Dungeons: On X-box one S console, while both remote controllers can play together in the pre-installed Minecraft creator game through split screen, no such ability is possible in the games downloaded...
  10. setting up live TV on 2nd TV without cable box.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    setting up live TV on 2nd TV without cable box.: I have xbox one set up on my 2nd TV without cable box. I am with time warner cable. Main TV has cable box. Is their a way to set up 2nd TV? 2nd TV is connected to cable without box....