X box remote play not working when phone on 5G and console on home network?

Discus and support X box remote play not working when phone on 5G and console on home network? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have read through many threads looking for answers and still haven't come to clear reason why this is still not working. Remote play works... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HughBoyZilla, Aug 29, 2023.

1. HughBoyZilla
    HughBoyZilla Guest

Hi,

I have read through many threads looking for answers and still haven't come to clear reason why this is still not working.

Remote play works when on the same network but, will not work when phone is on 5G.

Both iPhone 12 and Series X are updated and Nat open. Has there been any resolution to this issue? I see many people asking a similar question.

:)

HughBoyZilla, Aug 29, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello HughBoyZilla,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are having issue with remote play when iOS device is connected via 5G and Xbox Console is connected via home network. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. What error are you getting when devices used for remote play is not connected on the same network? The internet connection should be:

• 7-10 Mbps
    • Connected to a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network (a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network will work but isn’t currently optimized)
    • Cellular network connectivity is also available.
    2. Have you tried another device to remote play your console like a Windows PC and even connected on different network remote play does not work?

To successfully remote play your Xbox console using iOS or Windows device or even Android, make sure to set up correctly the remote play settings requirements and make sure devices used for remote playing meet the requirement. For your reference, see: How to set up remote play | Xbox Support

To get help on how to troubleshoot remote play issues. refer to this link: Troubleshoot remote play gaming | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello HughBoyZilla,

We are happy to hear that the problem you had with remote playing using iOS device has been resolved. We’re glad we were able to help you!

To help other customers searching for help on related issues, please mark the response you found most helpful by clicking “Yes” on the bottom of that post. This will ensure the helpful responses are most visible when searching (and you can vote more than once if the solution was spread over multiple posts)."

Thanks again for choosing Microsoft!

Sincerely,

4. HughBoyZilla Win User

Hi,

Thank -you for you help. I have finally found the setting that was causing the issue.

By changing the Voice & Data : "5g On" seems to have resolved the issue!

The default setting is 5g Auto. For anyone reading this, make sure you change the setting to "ON" not auto!

Thanks again Tomm_A!
  5. HughBoyZilla Win User

Hi,

I have tried uninstalling the app on the iPhone and reinstalling. I unfortunately still have the same error message when trying connect from the 5G mobile network.

I can get it working when both on local network.
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello HughBoyZilla,

Thank you for your prompt response.

When you mean not on the same network, your phone uses the cellular data and it is where the issue happens. Is that correct?

If you are using cellular data for your iOS device, did you choose "Allow more Data on 5G" under Data mode section? You can also customize the options when to use 5G and how much data to use in some apps by going to Settings> Cellular> Cellular Data Options or Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data options. In Voice & Data section, you can choose how you iPhone uses the 5G network. Choose 5G On when using for remote play. Additionally, On an iOS device, go to Settings, select the Xbox app, then toggle the Allow cellular data option to the On position.

In the event that the issue still persists, we can submit feedback to Team Xbox so they can start rolling out an investigation. This might be a possible bug that needs an update to fix. To submit a feedback, use Xbox Report a problem app and report a new problem. You can find the link here: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. X box remote play not working when phone on 5G and console on home network? - Similar Threads - box remote play

2. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  3. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  4. Connection problem with sky hub and my x box one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection problem with sky hub and my x box one: Ho I having issues connecting to my xbox one with sky broadband , lhave tried all the the normal fixes but still no joy. dbfeabac-ca59-4f29-bbe3-0a528e34ef7d
  5. How to fix my X Box warranty incorrectness in microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix my X Box warranty incorrectness in microsoft account: How to fix my X Box warranty incorrect details in microsoft account. I tried talk to agent but it always shows please try after some time. Please do the needful. Regards [mod removed - personal...
  6. Is the orange box backwards compatible with xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the orange box backwards compatible with xbox one: So I wanted to ask you if the orange box is backwards compatible with xbox one please respond soon a1045a00-0713-4b3c-95a5-52e14082e179
  7. My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?: Our home wifi seems to work with phones, laptops, etc...but it just stopped allowing my X-Box Series S to connect. Cannot figure out way and have tried all the steps I can find recommended....
  8. X box taking forever to do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box taking forever to do anything: This just started on my xbox this morning too. Takes about 15 min to start. Then another 10 or so for the dashboard top finish loading everything. I also have a 2TB external HD. Not the problem....
  9. Selection boxes on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Selection boxes on pc: So i somehow made selection mode on my pc and i cant get out of it i press w a s d and it moves it so i cant do anything i think i pressed a key or something 96356529-b141-48b7-9acf-31c0586fe63e
  10. How do I deactivate or disconnect X-box account from my Microsoft account (with same email...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I deactivate or disconnect X-box account from my Microsoft account (with same email...: My email address was inadvertently linked to my son's X-box account when first set up (10+ years ago). He now uses a different account, but the old one is still "attached" to my Microsoft account...