X-box One Media Player

Discus and support X-box One Media Player in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Guys, Please excuse me as this is my first post on the site. I love the xbox one and really excited at getting compatibility plus windows 10... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by anj2099, Oct 8, 2015.

1. anj2099
    anj2099 Guest

X-box One Media Player

Hello Guys,

Please excuse me as this is my first post on the site.

I love the xbox one and really excited at getting compatibility plus windows 10 etc.

I feel microsoft have missed is the media player upgrade. In my opinion the player we have currently is not up to scratch, specifically not happy with the on screen controlls plus other niggles.

An independant media player like VLC player or even the one called showtime or movian on linux os.

These media players are in my opinion excellent and would enhance the xbox one to a higher level.

Please if any one from microsoft is listening make this happen as I have stated this would make the console even more of a home media system than it is at the moment.

:)

anj2099, Oct 8, 2015
  2. broonster27
    broonster27 Guest
    Media Centre vs Media Player

I have a windows XP laptop which i connect to wirelessly with my X-box. At the moment I only use Windows Media player to share my content (videos, photos and music) to my X-box but I also have Media Centre on my laptop. What does using Media Centre give
    me that Media Player doesn't?

broonster27, Oct 8, 2015
  3. Microsoft's big unvail hmmmmm simply not good enough!

No it's not it's a media hub hence the name X Box one, it looks like a media box and it is.

WildChameleon, Oct 8, 2015
  4. DENAz666
    DENAz666 Guest

X-box One Media Player

Hey Anj,

That is some great feedback, and I agree with you also. Having a VLC player app or something like that would be great!

I'd reccommend heading over to the following site, where you can submit ideas and feedback:
    Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice

People will vote on those ideas, and if it gets enough interest the it might well get implemented!

Nice work!

Cheers

Denaz

DENAz666, Oct 8, 2015
  5. WildChameleon Win User

Microsoft's big unvail hmmmmm simply not good enough!

No it's not it's a media hub hence the name X Box one, it looks like a media box and it is.
  6. DENAz666 Win User

X-box One Media Player

Hey Anj,

That is some great feedback, and I agree with you also. Having a VLC player app or something like that would be great!

I'd reccommend heading over to the following site, where you can submit ideas and feedback:
    https://xbox.uservoice.com

People will vote on those ideas, and if it gets enough interest the it might well get implemented!

Nice work!

Cheers

Denaz
  7. WildChameleon Win User

Always online experience broken.

All I can say so happy I not bought into any next generation console at the moment. What with all the bugs and gripes with the X Box One. It seems Microsoft is constantly fixing this and that with the X Box One.

The X Box One is a console/ media hub not a computer!

You can't use office on the One or email or design a website so clearly not a computer.

Also have some compassion for your fellow gamers that are having problems with the One!
  8. BAD 2020 Win User

NEW TO X BOX ONE GTA? Sign here

Your on 360. This forum section is for x box one players.
  9. EggsBoxJuan Win User

New xbox cant see my pc for streaming but old one can

Hi, did you allow the console you're having problems with access to the shared media?

-

windows.microsoft.com/.../stream-xbox

-

In Windows Media Player 11, click the arrow below the Library tab, and then click Media Sharing.

In the Media Sharing dialog box, select the Share my media check box, and then click OK.

In the list below the Share my media to check box, click your Xbox 360 , click Allow, and then click OK.

It might take a little bit of time for your Xbox 360 to appear in the list of devices.
Thema:

X-box One Media Player

1. X-box One Media Player - Similar Threads - box Media Player

2. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  3. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  4. Connection problem with sky hub and my x box one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection problem with sky hub and my x box one: Ho I having issues connecting to my xbox one with sky broadband , lhave tried all the the normal fixes but still no joy. dbfeabac-ca59-4f29-bbe3-0a528e34ef7d
  5. Media Remote unable to change channels - Xfinity (XG1v4A) cable box, Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Remote unable to change channels - Xfinity (XG1v4A) cable box, Xbox One X: The main problem I am having is that my Media Remote is unable to change channels. If I use the channel up/down button, nothing happens. If I type in a channel #, nothing happens. If I scroll thru...
  6. X BOX UNIVERSAL MEDIA REMOTE

in XBoX Accessibility
    X BOX UNIVERSAL MEDIA REMOTE: GREETING FELLOW GAMERS FROM BEAUTIFUL COLORADO! I HAVE AN XBOX 360 PRO CHROME DOOR AND I RECENTLY PURCHASED THROUGH AMAZON THE XBOX UNIVERSAL REMOTE. HOW DO YOU PROGRAM IT FOR THE LG 3D TV? MODEL...
  7. opening and connecting windows media center on my X-box 360 console

in XBoX Accessibility
    opening and connecting windows media center on my X-box 360 console: how do I open and connect windows media center onto my X box 360 console? af351eab-c58b-4780-bd9c-106619133601
  8. Virgin Media V-box (Cisco 4585DVB) not working with OneGuide

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Virgin Media V-box (Cisco 4585DVB) not working with OneGuide: Hi, Subject is pretty self explanatory. I am unable to get my V-Box HD to work with the one guide. V-Box is an option when going through the setup, but once selected rather than taking me...
  9. Surround sound on Virgin Media Tivi Box not working through HDMI passthrough

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Surround sound on Virgin Media Tivi Box not working through HDMI passthrough: Hi Guys, I have just replaced my sky box with a Virgin Media Tivo Box With Sky I had full surround sound through HDMI passthrough, but with this box i only get 2.0 Setup is Tivo-> Xbox One...
  10. Xbox One and Virgin Media Samsung SMT-C700 Tivo Box *Limited Functionaltiy*

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One and Virgin Media Samsung SMT-C700 Tivo Box *Limited Functionaltiy*: Has anyone successfully managed to get full functionality from the above Virgin Media Tivo box? Xbox can turn mine on or off and change channel, but that is about it; the play / pause / stop /...