X-BOX game bar doesnt record my voice

Discus and support X-BOX game bar doesnt record my voice in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I like to use xbox game bars option to record last 30 seconds of my screen and audio, but my michrophone audio never gets recorded. If I try to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lauris Ķikuts, Oct 14, 2022.

1. X-BOX game bar doesnt record my voice

Hi, I like to use xbox game bars option to record last 30 seconds of my screen and audio, but my michrophone audio never gets recorded. If I try to record using alt+r then if I press on michrophone icon it works. My problem is only when trying to record last 30 seconds. Any sugestions?

:)

Lauris Ķikuts, Oct 14, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

If I recall correctly there isn't that limitation for the record last 30 seconds feature

We can try to isolate the problem a bit more:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for game bar app > click on it and select advanced options.
    After that, click repair and then reset and terminate if available

(Also, make sure that background recording is available inside windows settings > gaming > captures)

If that doesn't work try reinstalling the game bar via powershell command

Right-click on the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the pop-up menu.

Copy and paste the following command in PowerShell and hit Enter to uninstall the Game Bar from your system.

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage

Now head over to Microsoft Store and search for Xbox Game Bar, install it and give it a new try

If nothing change, delete the registry keys associated with the game bar :

Press Windows key+R then type regedit and press Enter.
    Go to this path (expand the folders using the little ">")

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR

Once there delete all the keys except (Default), restart your PC and try again
  3. Lauris Ķikuts Win User

I have tried to update my drivers, and set my michrophone as default. I did check my audio as you sent previous. I believe my problem is not in my michrophone cause its working when i start recording and press after alt+m it only doesnt work when trying to record last 30 seconds. Is there a feature to unmute ur mic so my voice is getting recorded before recording last 30 seconds? Or is it not possible because some confidentialy options that dont allow record ur voice all the time?
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Please tell me briefly what did you tried
    I don't want to recommend the same things.

And just to confirm, you already tried and double checked the audio settings shared previously?
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Lauris

Additional information is needed, please answer the following questions to assist you properly:

Is this the first time that you try to use the feature or was you able to do it previously?
    If it's the second, do you know if your system or any app received an update recently?
    Are you using windows 10 or 11?
    And what did you tried so far to fix this problem?
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed

In the meantime, can be a bit dumb but please double check and try the next:

"Format" for your Microphone in the sound settings for your input device
    Go to your Settings > Navigate to Bluetooth & devices
    Select Devices > Scroll down to Related settings and select Sound
    Select your audio input device under Input.

In the next menu, you should see Format under Input settings. Select an audio format that's no higher than 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)
    Try joining a party in the Game Bar or the Xbox app to verify whether or not the changes solved the issue. If that doesn't work, try adjusting the audio format by repeating the steps above to verify if any other format works.

--------

Or, Open Xbox Game Bar > Go to Audio widget > Select the Voice
    Change Windows default input to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    Change Default communications input and output to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Scroll down to More Settings > Xbox Party Chat
    Change Audio output and input to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Verify that push to talk is not enabled

Finally open the Xbox app

Click your profile icon at the top right corner of the page
    Select Settings > Audio
    Set your default Input device and output device to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    Verify that push to talk is not enabled again

Please also double check if you have audio enhancements enabled, if yes disable it.

You can follow this quick tutorial:

https://www.intowindows.com/turn-on-or-off-audi...

After that try again

**This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  6. Lauris Ķikuts Win User

To answer uour questions, no this is not hte first time I use recording last 30 seconds feature, but my michrophone audio has never been recorded since I started using yhus feature and I hadn't had any updates. I am using windows 11 and I have tried many things to solve this problem invluding microsofts recomended videos.
Thema:

1. X-BOX game bar doesnt record my voice - Similar Threads - BOX game bar

2. My x-box game bar capture option just dissapear, how do i fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My x-box game bar capture option just dissapear, how do i fix it?: I tried to upload a jpeg and png file but its just said that something went wrong so I cant show you the picture. But anyway, for some reason my xbox game bar just wont capture and when I go into...
  3. How do I minimize a pinned dialogue box in the Xbox chat from the game bar? It’s blocking...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I minimize a pinned dialogue box in the Xbox chat from the game bar? It’s blocking...: using a windows 11 (pc) and the Xbox game bar to chat in Xbox. They only way it will allow me to use a microphone is to open a dialogue box and then pin it. But when I do that the dialogue box...
  4. box game bar error 0x82323671 when WebEx session is active

in XBoX on Windows
    box game bar error 0x82323671 when WebEx session is active: It is impossible to record with the recording tool offered by Xbox if there is a WebEx cisco session active. Before the update of Window 11, it was possible to record the live session on Cisco...
  5. my x box game bar isn't recording the audio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my x box game bar isn't recording the audio: having trouble getting the x box game bar to record audio during the actual recordings. 9db7dc96-4f8a-4930-b6a7-10def286fb78
  6. Recording with X Box Game Bar screen capture and Microphone results in audio delay

in XBoX on Windows
    Recording with X Box Game Bar screen capture and Microphone results in audio delay: I was trying to record my gameplay on a steam game with my Blue Yeti, but found after I recorded there was an audio delay. I tried just about everything, from updating my canary insider to the...
  7. why wont forza horizon 5 let me log in with x box game bar?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why wont forza horizon 5 let me log in with x box game bar?: [img] i need help pls be very spiffic so i can understand things thx. a36121ec-12db-4f9d-84c2-d9e287a72ebd
  8. How do I uninstall X box game bar app?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I uninstall X box game bar app?: I did not install x box game bar on my computer but its been recently popping up upon start. I went to uninstall the program and it is not allowing me to (the uninstall button is grey and not...
  9. Xbox Controller Elite on Windows 11 opens Game Bar when pressing "A" button and "x box" key...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Controller Elite on Windows 11 opens Game Bar when pressing "A" button and "x box" key...: Hi I have seen this problem in the forum but have been unable to find a solution that works. My new Xbox Elite controller always opens Game Bar when I hit the "A" button. I have checked the Game...
  10. No audio from microphone in x box game bar clips

in XBoX on Windows
    No audio from microphone in x box game bar clips: When i record a clip through xbox game bar i cant hear my voice from mic, but I can hear my friends from discord and game sounds and other stuff. In the past sometimes I could hear myself and...