X Box fraudulent game purchases

Discus and support X Box fraudulent game purchases in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We sold our Sons X Box which he had not used for a long time and forgot that a credit card was registered to it to pay the monthly subscription fee.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by chrisholbech, May 4, 2023.

1. chrisholbech
    chrisholbech Guest

We sold our Sons X Box which he had not used for a long time and forgot that a credit card was registered to it to pay the monthly subscription fee. The new buyer changed the passwords and then purchased $6000 worth of games on the credit card. Can Microsoft link these purchases to the new account holder via the new passwords or IP address etc of the new user?

:)

chrisholbech, May 4, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi,! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

In these fraud type of cases you should go to your financial entity, dispute the charges to block them as well and possibly get them refunded.

This is because access is mandatory to get any kind of refund from Xbox side :(
  3. laziestcatevaaa Win User

Can't download purchased content

Outlast is X-Box One and I have installed, on my X-Box One, 360 games/dlcs that she had purchased (on her X-Box).
  4. Killer6370 Win User

Duke Nukem 3D World Tour won't unlock

youre still lucky, purchased it on amazon.de see it under my games but not on my x box and when i search for it on x box store it finds nothing
  5. Chris and NikkiAusde Win User

I have a recurring charge of $27.06 every 3 months and cannot find the account associated with the charge.

Thank you for your response Francia. We no longer have any of the x box consoles and I am unsure of the account for which the charge is generating. Does this mean I need to contact my bank and report the charges as fraudulent? I don't think they are fraudulent, but without being able to access the account the charge is generating from this may be my only recourse. I would think a company such as Microsoft would have a better solution than sending a customer to their bank to report a charge as fraudulent when it likely isn't.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Fraudulent Purchases

well two things first

Dont use the same email and password for every site

1st you can still call support you will have to match the exact info from when you created the account

they will still return the account if you can prove you are the owner

2nd read this and follow it to the letter

passwords should not be small caps only

it should more be like h3ll0W0r1dtryt0f1NdM3

the yahoo breakin proved people still use 12345678 on passwords thats a very very bad idea

forums.xbox.com/.../70970.aspx
Thema:

1. X Box fraudulent game purchases - Similar Threads - Box fraudulent game

2. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  3. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  4. Connection problem with sky hub and my x box one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection problem with sky hub and my x box one: Ho I having issues connecting to my xbox one with sky broadband , lhave tried all the the normal fixes but still no joy. dbfeabac-ca59-4f29-bbe3-0a528e34ef7d
  5. How to fix my X Box warranty incorrectness in microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix my X Box warranty incorrectness in microsoft account: How to fix my X Box warranty incorrect details in microsoft account. I tried talk to agent but it always shows please try after some time. Please do the needful. Regards [mod removed - personal...
  6. Is the orange box backwards compatible with xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the orange box backwards compatible with xbox one: So I wanted to ask you if the orange box is backwards compatible with xbox one please respond soon a1045a00-0713-4b3c-95a5-52e14082e179
  7. My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?: Our home wifi seems to work with phones, laptops, etc...but it just stopped allowing my X-Box Series S to connect. Cannot figure out way and have tried all the steps I can find recommended....
  8. X box taking forever to do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box taking forever to do anything: This just started on my xbox this morning too. Takes about 15 min to start. Then another 10 or so for the dashboard top finish loading everything. I also have a 2TB external HD. Not the problem....
  9. Selection boxes on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Selection boxes on pc: So i somehow made selection mode on my pc and i cant get out of it i press w a s d and it moves it so i cant do anything i think i pressed a key or something 96356529-b141-48b7-9acf-31c0586fe63e
  10. How do I deactivate or disconnect X-box account from my Microsoft account (with same email...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I deactivate or disconnect X-box account from my Microsoft account (with same email...: My email address was inadvertently linked to my son's X-box account when first set up (10+ years ago). He now uses a different account, but the old one is still "attached" to my Microsoft account...