X-Box 360 Slim not turning on - yellow/orange light on PSU - any ideas?

Discus and support X-Box 360 Slim not turning on - yellow/orange light on PSU - any ideas? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, Hoping that someone else has come across a similar problem and can help me! The guides on the support pages only offer answers for PSU's... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CheDonJohn, Feb 17, 2015.

1. CheDonJohn
    CheDonJohn Guest

Hi all,

Hoping that someone else has come across a similar problem and can help me! The guides on the support pages only offer answers for PSU's displaying red or green lights, so thought I'd ask here.

My girlfriend's cousin went back to Australia at the weekend and left me his 360 Slim. He said that he had had some problems with it and that if could get it to work then I could have it.

I took it home and switched the plug (not the whole PSU, just the lead that goes into the wall) with a UK one. Turns out the problem is that the console doesn't turn on. The power supply unit shows an orangey-yellow light, but when I press the front button,
    or insert a controller, nothing.

I'm thinking therefore that it might be a problem with the PSU, but before I try replacing it with a new one (which might not even work, so want to make sure before I buy one), I wondered if anyone else had any ideas of what it might be (or can confirm it's
    a PSU issue)? Anything else I could try?

Thanks

:)

CheDonJohn, Feb 17, 2015
  2. Green light flashes and psu stays on after turning X Box 360 off

I was wondering why my x box green light flashes once about every 3 seconds and the psu stays on for at least a minute after turning my console off any suggestions?

XXxGumbyXxX1122, Feb 17, 2015
  3. Farscape247
    Farscape247 Guest
    When will Microsoft start caring about the quality of their devices?

i have never had an xbox or xbox 360 break. i think the 360 has a good build quality, now the ps3 i have had 3 break and have given up on them, 2 x hdmi failure on ps3 160GB slim and 1 x yellow light of death ps3 320GB slim.

Farscape247, Feb 17, 2015
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

for now it doesn't sound like a PSU issue, it could be the console that isn't powering on and therefor won't trigger the PSU to show a green light (Which should be shown when console is on)

The best thing to try is to see if your PSU will work on a diffferent 360 console (be sure it's the same type) or to see if a different PSU will work on your console. To determine what part is causing the problem.

Be sure to double check the power usage/voltage for both console/psu and the voltage used in the UK, since they are from a different country. They need to match.

5. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

for now it doesn't sound like a PSU issue, it could be the console that isn't powering on and therefor won't trigger the PSU to show a green light (Which should be shown when console is on)

The best thing to try is to see if your PSU will work on a diffferent 360 console (be sure it's the same type) or to see if a different PSU will work on your console. To determine what part is causing the problem.

Be sure to double check the power usage/voltage for both console/psu and the voltage used in the UK, since they are from a different country. They need to match.
  6. DankmanSam Win User

Won't turn on

When turned on: Green

When off: Orange

Now: When I turn it on all I hear is the Binging noise(XBOX 360 Slim) and the Light stays orange
  7. lxpeery14 Win User

Xbox 360 red dot of death?

It lights up green for like half a second, then the light on the console turns red and the PSU goes back to orange.
  8. XvXEros 17 Win User

Xbox 360

Its a xbox 360 s with a blue ringe light when if it would turn on and a orange light for the power box
  9. Farscape247 Win User

When will Microsoft start caring about the quality of their devices?

i have never had an xbox or xbox 360 break. i think the 360 has a good build quality, now the ps3 i have had 3 break and have given up on them, 2 x hdmi failure on ps3 160GB slim and 1 x yellow light of death ps3 320GB slim.
Thema:

1. X-Box 360 Slim not turning on - yellow/orange light on PSU - any ideas? - Similar Threads - Box 360 Slim

2. My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...

in XBoX on Windows
    My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...: Status Code= 3F45 -4497-1381-0300-C800-0036 This code is coming again and again 9cb1142d-31ae-4d99-a8b4-8c0888797a08
  3. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  4. the orange box full version not available on xbox 360 marketplace

in XBoX Games and Apps
    the orange box full version not available on xbox 360 marketplace: I wanted to purchase the orange box off of xbox 360 marketplace for my xbox series s but i can only download the demo version which does not work on series s did it get removed?...
  5. Can I still purchase the orange box on xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I still purchase the orange box on xbox 360?: Can I still purchase the orange box on xbox 360 3efeb7bd-fdd3-4864-856e-9bb55029a781
  6. Update x-box 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Update x-box 360: I have a Microsoft account why can't I log into my Xbox360 a9b5e19e-9c0f-4f87-9a96-86d707cd1995
  7. My X-Box 360 slim has a solid red light.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My X-Box 360 slim has a solid red light.: My xbox 360 slime has a solid red light. The fan seems to turn on but doesnt spin. Is there any way to fix it? Its also not showing any picture on my tv. 8bacd4cf-68e7-4306-b4a1-49aa5bd89f47
  8. X Box 360 Slim 4 GB

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box 360 Slim 4 GB: My Xbox 360 (S)lim was working perfectly 3 months back. when I turned it on last month I got the Red Dot (NOT RING, it's a Slim) of Death. Mind you I've done some researching last one month and...
  9. The red dot of the xbox 360 slim power box

in XBoX on Consoles
    The red dot of the xbox 360 slim power box: I have a problem with the power supply of my xbox 360 slim. What happens is that the little light that turns green when the console is turned on, has turned red more than 3 times today, Saturday,...
  10. x box 360 slim wont connect to live

in XBoX on Consoles
    x box 360 slim wont connect to live: I have a older x box 360 which connects to live,also I have a x box 360 slim that wont connect to live.Could you tell me if it banned. 770d58d9-ced6-44a7-a404-685be70392ca