X-Box 360 Built-In Hard Drive Reset Itself & I Can't Save Game Progress!

Discus and support X-Box 360 Built-In Hard Drive Reset Itself & I Can't Save Game Progress! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, there! I have a Series E Xbox 360 console and was enjoying playing my installed games when I noticed that, when I went to save my progress in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by tonytrout, Jan 22, 2016.

1. tonytrout
    tonytrout Guest

Hello, there!

I have a Series E Xbox 360 console and was enjoying playing my installed games when I noticed that, when I went to save my progress in the game (WWE2K16; patch 1.04 update), the game would not save any progress and basically 'reset' itself to where I now
    have to manually unlock the wrestlers and Divas again and the "Stone Cold 3:16" Showcase mode has reset itself as well! I, honestly, don't know what in the world went wrong with the game or the system or hard drives and I don't know how to fix this problem,
    either!! Is there someone out there who can help me, please?? I haven't played my X-box 360 since this happened because I'm so disappointed and disheartened by this

:)

tonytrout, Jan 22, 2016
  2. How do I back up online game purchases and progress to an external hard drive from a X-Box 360?

My X-Box 360 is slowly dying, and I do not want to lose the games, DLCs, and progress that are stored on my X-Box's internal hard drive. I know there is a way to have this data backed up, but I have not been able to find out how to and to what devices I
    can save the info to, in case my X-Box totally shuts down. I would like to save the data to my portable 1 TB hard drive, but I need guidance. In addition, would I be able to download the info to an X-Box One if I replace my X-Box 360 with one or would I only
    be able to download to another X-Box 360?

Lady GrayDragon, Jan 22, 2016
  3. Gillette 73
    Gillette 73 Guest
    Help!

progress and achievements accomplished are saved to your profile , the game save itself is stored where you choose to hard drive / cloud etc - therefore this is why the progress etc is still showing . If you have deleted the save then unfortunately as said
    by smwutches it is gone for good = sorry x

Gillette 73, Jan 22, 2016
  4. X-Box 360 Built-In Hard Drive Reset Itself & I Can't Save Game Progress!

Hi there, tonytrout;

The "built in" drive, assuming you're referring to the 4GB model, is flash memory and has likely failed. You can purchase a separate HDD for your console, or you can log into your account at
    http://myservice.xbox.com and look into a repair/replacement for your console.

HyruleBalverine, Jan 23, 2016
  5. tonytrout
    tonytrout Guest
    Thanks so much for the reply! It really helped. Guess I'll have to go look for a new system.

Thanks, again!

Tony

tonytrout, Oct 31, 2018
  6. tonytrout Win User

Thanks so much for the reply! It really helped. Guess I'll have to go look for a new system.

Thanks, again!

Tony
  7. HyruleBalverine Win User

Hi there, tonytrout;

The "built in" drive, assuming you're referring to the 4GB model, is flash memory and has likely failed. You can purchase a separate HDD for your console, or you can log into your account at
    http://myservice.xbox.com and look into a repair/replacement for your console.
  8. Gillette 73 Win User

Help!

progress and achievements accomplished are saved to your profile , the game save itself is stored where you choose to hard drive / cloud etc - therefore this is why the progress etc is still showing . If you have deleted the save then unfortunately as said
    by smwutches it is gone for good = sorry x
  9. J.R.G. Win User

Can you save xbox 360 games OFFLINE on xbox one?

Saves are saved locally to the hard drive, then sync to the Cloud. You still need Gold for Cloud saves on the 360, though you will not need Gold to save 360 games while playing them on your X Box One. So to import your 360 saves to your X Box One your would
    have to buy a month of Gold on your 360.

Peace, J.R.
  10. Smwutches Win User

External hard drive questions. Will anybody please help!

If he's signed into Live when he's playing, all of his progress is automatically saved on the cloud and the hard drive would only have the game itself. So he would be fine having a separate hard drive on each console. Game progress will resync when he signs
    in.
Thema:

1. X-Box 360 Built-In Hard Drive Reset Itself & I Can't Save Game Progress! - Similar Threads - Box 360 Built

2. Is anyone else having trouble logging into X-Box live on the 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is anyone else having trouble logging into X-Box live on the 360?: My X-Box 360 won't allow me to upload my profile and my Series X won't allow me to sign into X-Box Live on 360 games. I tried toggling my recurring payment for Gamepass Ultimate. Deleted my...
  3. unable to sugn in on X Box 360 nor X Box One.

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to sugn in on X Box 360 nor X Box One.: I tried all the suggestions, except resetting the consoles to factory settings. I tried to get phone help, but no one called back, I can not connect to X Box live. Furthermore, I am on my network...
  4. My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...

in XBoX on Windows
    My X box 360 is not updating to latest version...Status code is coming please tell how to...: Status Code= 3F45 -4497-1381-0300-C800-0036 This code is coming again and again 9cb1142d-31ae-4d99-a8b4-8c0888797a08
  5. X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?

in XBoX on Windows
    X BOX 360 STARS WARS EDITION console power button turn red flashes 9 times then powers off?: center of power button turns blue then changes to red flashing 9 times then off goes the console. nothing on the screen? should i through it away ? i am able to soldier and fix some electronics....
  6. the orange box full version not available on xbox 360 marketplace

in XBoX Games and Apps
    the orange box full version not available on xbox 360 marketplace: I wanted to purchase the orange box off of xbox 360 marketplace for my xbox series s but i can only download the demo version which does not work on series s did it get removed?...
  7. Can I still purchase the orange box on xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I still purchase the orange box on xbox 360?: Can I still purchase the orange box on xbox 360 3efeb7bd-fdd3-4864-856e-9bb55029a781
  8. Update x-box 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Update x-box 360: I have a Microsoft account why can't I log into my Xbox360 a9b5e19e-9c0f-4f87-9a96-86d707cd1995
  9. How do I buy the orange box on 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I buy the orange box on 360: Idk why I just can't buy it pls help a4ec2096-8de8-44c9-86ea-a66ca862ef08
  10. why can I not get my game pass to work with my x-box 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can I not get my game pass to work with my x-box 360?: does the x-box 360 not support the ability to utilize an ultimate paSS? c00fa3bf-4d84-49af-81ff-d431caf61c13