wrong channels for British Isles FTA satellite.

Discus and support wrong channels for British Isles FTA satellite. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When connecting my FTA satellite box to the xbox one the pull down menu only gives me the option of Astra 19.2 but that only gives me the European... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by fluffermcdoodle, Jan 11, 2016.

1. wrong channels for British Isles FTA satellite.

When connecting my FTA satellite box to the xbox one the pull down menu only gives me the option of Astra 19.2 but that only gives me the European (primarily German channel listing) while I need Astra 28.2 for the Irish and English channels. I don't have
    a Sky box or Virgin box and I wanted to record programmes on my Xbox but can't because the channels aren't listed. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what. Any assistance would be appreciated

:)

fluffermcdoodle, Jan 11, 2016
  2. R3PUBL1K
    R3PUBL1K Guest
    Xbox One - TV from Sky App Not Working

Same for me but when I signed out of the app the FTA channels worked for a while

R3PUBL1K, Jan 12, 2016
  3. Alex_1302
    Alex_1302 Guest
    Problem for European People: please fix as soon

I'm Italian and I want to set Language Italian and Country Italian.

But (as dozen of millions of european people) I have a satellite receiver and I want to see free Satellite Astra 28.2.

I connected the hdmi and all works fine, but I'd like to see the tv guide for freesat UK, and I cannot set!

If I put my zip code the xbox list only italian channel (sky, DT, astra19 italian channel (astra has not ant italian channel anyway)..)

I cannot see the guide for other satellite. I don't need to connect sky or digital terrestrial because I dont' want have the xbox always on when we watch those channels.

So I have to set my Xbox with Italian language and country UK, so I can set the guide for the channel I want to see with the receiver I connetted. But in this way the xbox think I'm british and show the apps and games for UK and cortana cannot works fine.

Please fit this problem!

The software as to ask for zip code and list the own country code, But I HAVE TO choose also other guides (UK, france, Germany or whatever I want), it's only a guide, no secrets, no problem of laws. just I'd like to search a tv programs on the Uk guide.
    Otherwise OneGuide is useless. Maybe in USA because you are a one coutry (maybe you don't want the canadanian or mexican know what tv show american watch.

But in Europe with a motorized satellite dish we can see the FREE tv programs of all Europe, north africa, and middle east.

I repeat simpler:

I want to choose the tv guide I want. NOT only the ones you think I should to see. just put other and choose the name I want.

The European law say: every European can watch Internet and Satellite tv programs of every coutry in every country they stay.

So I could be a british living in italian that what to use the app for italy the language italian but see the British tv

"[MOD REMOVED]" if you want i explain better or in Italian

Sorry for my english

Thank you

Alex_1302, Jan 12, 2016
  4. R3PUBL1K Win User

Xbox One - TV from Sky App Not Working

Same for me but when I signed out of the app the FTA channels worked for a while
  5. Ch1ps N Queso Win User

Location of X1ers

@Lofty

I've watched various Isle of Wight Music Festivals on the TV. Other than that I always get it mixed up with the Isle of Man. When I read Isle of Wight I immediately thought Cavendish/Moto Time Trial. Wrong Isle.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

cant find bbc iplayer

Some of the above responses are confusing for the OP to understand. Let me try to set the record straight:

If the OP has a UK account and is located inside the UK, they will have access to BBC iPlayer, 4OD and Channel Five On Demand. If they have an account outside the United Kingdom, i.e the Republic of Ireland but are located in the UK, they still won't have
    access to thse apps, as they will not show up for download.

If the account is a UK account, but is now located outside of the UK, these apps will no longer function, even if they are downloaded to the console. They won't work, because due to licensing restrictions, the BBC, Channel 4 and Channel 5 do not broadcast
    outside of the British Isles.

There is an international version of iPlayer, but it is not part of Xbox LIVE.

I hope that clears things up. Thanks.
  7. DannyCouchman Win User

Unable to redeem a bought Xbox Game Pass code for UK as I live in Jersey 'different region' alert.

I have the same problem. Is there a fix for this? My son has used his Xmas money and as we are part of British Isles purchased 6 month game pass that we are unable to redeem.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

M Couchman
  8. Trauerspieler Win User

Can't find TV provider

Hi,

I'm living in St. Georgen, Germany (ZIP Code: 78112) and my provider (Primacom) is listed, but every time I'm searching for channels, it finds another channels and others, which have been previously found, are gone.

Some FTA-Channels aren't found, which is strange.

Here are the Channels, I'm missing (all in Standard Definiton, not HD!):

- ProSieben

- ProSieben Maxx

- Sat 1

- Kabel eins

- RTL

- RTL 2

- Super RTL

- RTL Nitro

- Tele 5

- VOX

- Sixx

- Comedy Central

- Disney Channel

Please fix this, I've got the USB-Tuner and for now it's pretty useless...

Kind regards
Thema:

wrong channels for British Isles FTA satellite.

1. wrong channels for British Isles FTA satellite. - Similar Threads - wrong channels British

2. Wrong channel list for UPC cable provider in OneGuide settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wrong channel list for UPC cable provider in OneGuide settings: Hello I've connected my UPC TV decoder to console to be able to watch my cable TV provider through xbox OneGuide. UPC is cable tv provider in my region. Objective was to use pad to and one pilot...
  3. OneGuide Channel listings for Virgin Media UK wrong 2019

in XBoX on Consoles
    OneGuide Channel listings for Virgin Media UK wrong 2019: Just wondering when the channel listings for the oneguide will be updated to reflect virgin media uk's changes back in the summer Nearly all standard definition channels where replaced with the...
  4. OneGuide Channel listings for Virgin Media UK wrong

in XBoX Games and Apps
    OneGuide Channel listings for Virgin Media UK wrong: Just wondering when the channel listings for the oneguide will be updated to reflect virgin media uk's changes back in the summer Nearly all standard definition channels where replaced with the...
  5. Wrong channel line up for Charter

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wrong channel line up for Charter: I'm getting an entirely wrong channel line up for 91360 Charter. It's been weeks now. I've tried everything from clearing all tv information to changing services a few times now and nothing...
  6. channel wrong frequency

in XBoX Games and Apps
    channel wrong frequency: Call REF 1334371302 Australia - Shepparton Region Station WIN recently changed frequency, I've logged requests via oneguide troubleshooting but still the channel just comes up as a black screen...
  7. Wrong Channel Lineup in Oneguide for almost a year.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wrong Channel Lineup in Oneguide for almost a year.: I reported the error 10 months ago to support, then also reported the error on the xbox one in the oneguide report feature section and it STILL has not been addressed yet. Is there any way to know...
  8. New Verizon Quantum DVR/kinect sending duplicate channels or wrong channel all together (**** ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Verizon Quantum DVR/kinect sending duplicate channels or wrong channel all together (**** ...: I had an xbox running live tv with this setup for about 2 years with no problem. I recently purchased a second xbox elite for the house and swapped this console with the old. I now can watch tv...
  9. Wrong Channel Numbers in OneGuide

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wrong Channel Numbers in OneGuide: Charter upgraded their service in my area to Charter Spectrum and modified their channel line up on 12/9/2014. Since then, the channels that changed have not updated in OneGuide. I have cleared...
  10. Xbox One Oneguide Channel Lineup Wrong Freesat UK

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Oneguide Channel Lineup Wrong Freesat UK: Channel Lineup is wrong for Freesat on Oneguide for me (in Wales). No idea what could be the root cause of this. Not a major issue but niggling and probably easy to resolve...