Wrong Channel Numbers in OneGuide

Discus and support Wrong Channel Numbers in OneGuide in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Charter upgraded their service in my area to Charter Spectrum and modified their channel line up on 12/9/2014. Since then, the channels that changed... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by smwatso2, Dec 24, 2014.

1. smwatso2
    smwatso2 Guest

Charter upgraded their service in my area to Charter Spectrum and modified their channel line up on 12/9/2014. Since then, the channels that changed have not updated in OneGuide. I have cleared the guide several times and reset my provider. I have also
    used the troubleshooter on the console to report some of the incorrect channels. I just ended a lengthy conversation with Xbox support trying different procedures to correct this situation and trying to find out if someone is currently working on getting
    the new channel line up from Charter. Is there anyway to find out if this is being worked on and why it is taking so long?

:)

smwatso2, Dec 24, 2014
  2. Live TV, Vodafone IPTV, Portugal

The OneGuide channel list is missing a lot of channels from Vodafone IPTV Portugal. On another the mapping between channel information and channel numbers in Oneguide is wrong on some channels. For instance selecting FoxLife HF on Oneguide shows AXN.

That makes it mostly unreliable hence unusable.

Don't know where to report problems regarding this.

Nuno Bernardo Lopes, Dec 24, 2014
  3. ShurUpRUS77
    ShurUpRUS77 Guest
    ​OneGuide is wrong for Beeline TV

OneGuide is wrong for Beeline TV, Moscow, Russia. Invalid channel numbers. Is it possible to wait for correction and when?

ShurUpRUS77, Dec 24, 2014
  4. Wrong Channel Numbers in OneGuide

I am in the same boat with Toronto/Rrogers Cable for 3-4 months now. It seems Microsoft relys in the cable company to send them an updated channel list, even tho years ago Microsoft purchased a channel listing company, you would think they would be doing
    it and not relying on the cable companies,

Why should the Cable companies support their service? They have nothing to gain, so I think Microsoft needs to change their policy and either they update the channels or get XBOX Live vets like me with 12years the ability to submit an updated channel list
    and if multipul users send the same list then automatically update it, I would do it for free, I just want my *** channel list to be right.

Sadly you have done everything you can do, no we wait for Microsoft, I have been waiting many months so I'm starting to lose hope. I own 2 XBOX ONES and a big selling point was the CABLE features but they can't get the OneGuide right, so I no longer recommend
    it for friend who just want it as a media box as the OneGuide is an important feature, if they fix this issue I will start recommending it.

Costa Apostolou, Dec 29, 2014
  5. smwatso2
    smwatso2 Guest
    Thanks for the reply, mrGEEK360. I noticed for my are that Zap2it has the same wrong channel numbers as OneGuide. Zap2it is owned by Tribune Media Company which, among other things, has historically disseminated guide information from content providers
    to third party guide services. It appears that they have a subsidiary, Gracenote, that does this now. I came across and old forum post stating that Media Center get its guide information from the same provider as Zap2it. I reached out to Gracenote through
    email tonight hoping that they could tell me if they are providing guide information for OneGuide and give me contact information for Charter since the support line doesn't seem to have a clue. I don't know if they will answer since they direct end users
    to contact their cable provider. I do have a sliver of hope. Zap2it shows two antries for my area. One of them is labeled rebuild and has the correct channel numbers.

smwatso2, Nov 1, 2018
  6. eicastic1 Win User

Comcast channels wrong

I think the problem with reporting the "wrong number" for a channel number through "OneGuide settings -> Troubleshooting -> Report a OneGuide Problem" is that the lineup doesn't get reviewed because the number reported for the channel actually is correct
    in the guide! For example, when I report that ESPN is a "wrong number" and should be on 850, well....it does show on 850 in OneGuide. So I'm assuming this doesn't trigger a full lineup review. The problem is that OneGuide ALSO shows it on 252 (here in Richmond).
    252 is now defunct and doesn't exist as a channel via Comcast. So when we say "XBOX watch ESPN" it seems like it must internally grab the lowest channel number it can find for that HD channel and then try to change the cable box channel number to that.

So reporting a wrong channel number by giving an example doesn't seem to really work because the one we give is correct and already in the guide. The problem is that there is an "extra" channel number in the guide for a channel like ESPN and it's the extra
    channel that is wrong--it shouldn't exist as any channel, period. There's no way to report this fallacy through the interface.
  7. Costa Apostolou Win User

I am in the same boat with Toronto/Rrogers Cable for 3-4 months now. It seems Microsoft relys in the cable company to send them an updated channel list, even tho years ago Microsoft purchased a channel listing company, you would think they would be doing
    it and not relying on the cable companies,

Why should the Cable companies support their service? They have nothing to gain, so I think Microsoft needs to change their policy and either they update the channels or get XBOX Live vets like me with 12years the ability to submit an updated channel list
    and if multipul users send the same list then automatically update it, I would do it for free, I just want my *** channel list to be right.

Sadly you have done everything you can do, no we wait for Microsoft, I have been waiting many months so I'm starting to lose hope. I own 2 XBOX ONES and a big selling point was the CABLE features but they can't get the OneGuide right, so I no longer recommend
    it for friend who just want it as a media box as the OneGuide is an important feature, if they fix this issue I will start recommending it.
  8. smwatso2 Win User

Thanks for the reply, mrGEEK360. I noticed for my are that Zap2it has the same wrong channel numbers as OneGuide. Zap2it is owned by Tribune Media Company which, among other things, has historically disseminated guide information from content providers
    to third party guide services. It appears that they have a subsidiary, Gracenote, that does this now. I came across and old forum post stating that Media Center get its guide information from the same provider as Zap2it. I reached out to Gracenote through
    email tonight hoping that they could tell me if they are providing guide information for OneGuide and give me contact information for Charter since the support line doesn't seem to have a clue. I don't know if they will answer since they direct end users
    to contact their cable provider. I do have a sliver of hope. Zap2it shows two antries for my area. One of them is labeled rebuild and has the correct channel numbers.
  9. eicastic1 Win User

Comcast channels wrong

I think the problem is that going to "OneGuide settings -> Troubleshooting -> Report a OneGuide Problem" and entering the channel and a correct number isn't really triggering a review because the channel number is already correct (because two numbers are
    showing in OneGuide for that channel)!

The problem is that there are multiple listings for the channel in the OneGuide. For example, here in Richmond, the OneGuide shows ESPNHD on 252 and 850. The correct channel is 850. Channel number 252 is now a defunt channel in Richmond and has no programming
    on it--the channel no longer exists. So I'm assuming that when the guide data was updated on Microsoft's servers the delete channels didn't get removed--only new ones were added or existing ones were updated. As such we now have two channel numbers for the
    same channel in a lot of cases.

Having two numbers means voice commands don't work--it seems that the lowest channel number is chosen when there are duplicates ("xbox watch ESPN" pulls up 252, which is non-existent, instead of 850).

We here in Richmond simply need the defunct/dead channels removed from the OneGuide.

Reporting it through the console doesn't seem to be fixing this problem.
  10. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Can't get Time Warner Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4240HDC working .

Prophet is it just that OneGuide has the wrong channels, or that the channels won't change?
Thema:

1. Wrong Channel Numbers in OneGuide - Similar Threads - Wrong Channel Numbers

2. Wrong channel list for UPC cable provider in OneGuide settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wrong channel list for UPC cable provider in OneGuide settings: Hello I've connected my UPC TV decoder to console to be able to watch my cable TV provider through xbox OneGuide. UPC is cable tv provider in my region. Objective was to use pad to and one pilot...
  3. OneGuide Channel listings for Virgin Media UK wrong 2019

in XBoX on Consoles
    OneGuide Channel listings for Virgin Media UK wrong 2019: Just wondering when the channel listings for the oneguide will be updated to reflect virgin media uk's changes back in the summer Nearly all standard definition channels where replaced with the...
  4. OneGuide Channel listings for Virgin Media UK wrong

in XBoX Games and Apps
    OneGuide Channel listings for Virgin Media UK wrong: Just wondering when the channel listings for the oneguide will be updated to reflect virgin media uk's changes back in the summer Nearly all standard definition channels where replaced with the...
  5. Wrong channel line up for Charter

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wrong channel line up for Charter: I'm getting an entirely wrong channel line up for 91360 Charter. It's been weeks now. I've tried everything from clearing all tv information to changing services a few times now and nothing...
  6. channel wrong frequency

in XBoX Games and Apps
    channel wrong frequency: Call REF 1334371302 Australia - Shepparton Region Station WIN recently changed frequency, I've logged requests via oneguide troubleshooting but still the channel just comes up as a black screen...
  7. Wrong Channel Lineup in Oneguide for almost a year.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wrong Channel Lineup in Oneguide for almost a year.: I reported the error 10 months ago to support, then also reported the error on the xbox one in the oneguide report feature section and it STILL has not been addressed yet. Is there any way to know...
  8. New Verizon Quantum DVR/kinect sending duplicate channels or wrong channel all together (**** ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Verizon Quantum DVR/kinect sending duplicate channels or wrong channel all together (**** ...: I had an xbox running live tv with this setup for about 2 years with no problem. I recently purchased a second xbox elite for the house and swapped this console with the old. I now can watch tv...
  9. One Guide assigns the wrong channelnumbers to each channel

in XBoX Games and Apps
    One Guide assigns the wrong channelnumbers to each channel: It works fine except the channelnumbers (shown next to the channel in the One Guide channellist) are way off. Channel nr. 1 is mapped to 160 for example. Is there any way to change this mapping...
  10. Xbox One Oneguide Channel Lineup Wrong Freesat UK

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Oneguide Channel Lineup Wrong Freesat UK: Channel Lineup is wrong for Freesat on Oneguide for me (in Wales). No idea what could be the root cause of this. Not a major issue but niggling and probably easy to resolve...