Would xbox be willing to make a controller with semetrical joysticks

Discus and support Would xbox be willing to make a controller with semetrical joysticks in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm a life long playstation user and have avoided xbox due solely to your controller layout. I joined xbox this generation with the xbox series S.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Amskon, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Amskon
    Amskon Guest

I'm a life long playstation user and have avoided xbox due solely to your controller layout. I joined xbox this generation with the xbox series S. Primarily due to Starfield as im a big Bethesda fan. Is there a good xbox controller with semetrical joysticks available or would xbox consider making one or contracting a 3rd party one? Or dose Sony own the that design?

:)

Amskon, Feb 12, 2024
  2. Amskon Win User

My thumb lays naturally towards the xbox Dpad not the joystick, plus the xbox controller is almost to small for my hands so I have to roll my thumb forward to even get to the joystick on the left side. The playstation controller is thicker and and wider which fits my hand size better. So my thumbs rest more naturally with its joysticks.
  3. Amskon Win User

Same, it would be nice to just be able to bluetooth the playstation controller to it but that my problem is xbox controller isn't large enough. A friend of mine bought a playstation 3rd party pro controller that is xbox lay out and it feels great in the hand but it's also larger than the PS5 controller and much larger than the xbox controller.
  4. [EX] Win User

Hey,

I think it might have something to do with the seize of the hands.

I have big hands and prefer the Xbox design. And I was very happy when Nintendo released the Pro Controller for the Switch that has a similar design and seize like the Xbox controller (even if it looks a bit smaller).

I would wish that they were cross compatible as well. I remember my PS4 recognized the Xbox pad via blutooth but it wasn't possible to play with it.

Or we're all just creatures of habit ! 😉
  5. Amskon Win User

For me the semetrical layout is the most natural. I've been using remote play and my wingman xb2 to use a playstation controller to play my games. I'm surprised xbox doesn't have a good alternative controller where as Sony has plenty of 3rd party options for a xbox layout. I did find one called 8bit on Amazon for 35 dollars that has semetrical joysticks but it's a wired controller. As you where saying when I pick up a controller my thumbs naturally rest at the middle position of the controller. Probably due to the fact I've been on playstation since the original. I have both consoles this generation and enjoy both I've just never been a fan of xbox controllers and wish there was a good option for a playstation style controller for xbox.
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Amskon, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Welcome to the Xbox Community.

There is one announced licensed third-party controller from Hiperkin that has that feature.

It's called The Competitor.

But it was not released yet.

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/...-with-hall-effect-sticks-and-impulse-triggers

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Would xbox be willing to make a controller with semetrical joysticks - Similar Threads - willing controller semetrical

2. When connecting any controller to my girlfriends Xbox, the control will sync with Xbox and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When connecting any controller to my girlfriends Xbox, the control will sync with Xbox and...: I have tried syncing every controller we have and none of them work with her Xbox but they all work perfectly fine with mine. I’ve tried using the usb port to sync every controller to her Xbox as...
  3. Spotify will open up and play music, but when I leave the app, I lose all media control and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Spotify will open up and play music, but when I leave the app, I lose all media control and...: I'm on an Xbox Series X, and when I first set it up, Spotify worked fine. Now, when I try to listen to Spotify, it will open up in the app, but when I close out of the app I lose all media...
  4. Will the profile button on the elite 2 control ever be able to re map the bottom to share

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the profile button on the elite 2 control ever be able to re map the bottom to share: I seriously wish I googled this b4 I bought the thing today 46165765-6bec-4e5d-b69d-955b8179e8da
  5. X Box PDP Gaming Remote Control will not connect to TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box PDP Gaming Remote Control will not connect to TV: I tried setting up my new remote controller to my Samsung TV but when I go into set it up, the Xbox will recognize the TV's code but it will not work. I tried to try the volume o mute and it does...
  6. Xbox one wireless controller will fail to control intermittently when connected to computer.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one wireless controller will fail to control intermittently when connected to computer.: The version of windows is win10 1909. The Xbox one wireless controller can work at first. After a while it will be no response eventhough you press every bottom but it is still connecting to the...
  7. Need help with Streaming. Xbox will not control on Phone?

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with Streaming. Xbox will not control on Phone?: I have everything connected to game stream to my Samsung GS10+, but all it does is screen mirror? How do you get the game to actually play. Controller only gives option to disconnect? You cant...
  8. Problem with selecting TV models when setting up device control in TV & OneGuide; will not...

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with selecting TV models when setting up device control in TV & OneGuide; will not...: [IMG] submitted by /u/chubodea_fatman [link] [comments]
  9. Kinect will not control my Audio Receiver after upgrading to Xbox One X - anyone else?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect will not control my Audio Receiver after upgrading to Xbox One X - anyone else?: So, I set up my Xbox One X when it arrived on Tuesday with only one issue. The Kinect IR blaster will not control my Onkyo Audio Receiver. I'll describe my install and troubleshooting steps so...
  10. I hope the enforcement team will forgive me and lift the ban on the control unit as well as my ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I hope the enforcement team will forgive me and lift the ban on the control unit as well as my ...: Please help me My control unit has been banned and the account is also not known. Please help me to lift the ban and take my case seriously. Even if I caught something wrong, please forgive me and...