Would it be allowed if I used a copyrighted song for my Xbox bio?

Discus and support Would it be allowed if I used a copyrighted song for my Xbox bio? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I wanna use the song never gonna give you up by Rick Astley by putting the YouTube link in my bio but the song is copyrighted and I know Xbox code... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Little DmAcK, Aug 27, 2023.

1. Little DmAcK
    Little DmAcK Guest

So I wanna use the song never gonna give you up by Rick Astley by putting the YouTube link in my bio but the song is copyrighted and I know Xbox code of conduct on copyrighted material so would it be ok for me to put the link in my bio or would that be against code of conduct and copyright law?

:)

Little DmAcK, Aug 27, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

No it would not, and the system would likely flag it

Unless you have purchased a license to use any copyrighted material, you can't use it, in general, everywhere.
  3. TimidList99 Win User

My account was suspended for improper content

My bio was a song reference and you took it the wrong way I would gladly show you the song and maybe we could resolve this and I could get my account unsuspended
  4. ngocphi Win User

Migrating To Download Specific Games

different regions = different laws

also distibution and copyrights play into it

certain songs or content may only be allowed in some regions so they restrict it

violence and songs tend to be controled by CONTENT laws and distubtion rights

you must abide by those laws
  5. RomeoVelasco92 Win User

Enforcement misjudged my content

I'm gonna try put another remix song see if it's the song that was copyrighted or not. Ill get back here if it's solved or not.
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

I need help with a clip I made :)0

Technically if that song is copyrighted by someone then yes you can have a legal issue if they find out you used it without permission.
Thema:

1. Would it be allowed if I used a copyrighted song for my Xbox bio? - Similar Threads - allowed used copyrighted

2. Why does Minecraft (PE Edition) Not allow me to use Classic skins?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft (PE Edition) Not allow me to use Classic skins?: I wanted to return to Minecraft but when I opened the app the game didn't load in my custom classic skin, and instead showed a premade default skin. I've tried multiple things; deleting and...
  3. how can I allow my son to sign in to his Xbox without using my Gmail account password. Is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    how can I allow my son to sign in to his Xbox without using my Gmail account password. Is...: is there a temporary code or passcode that can be used on my son's Xbox for him to sign into it versus using my Gmail and my password I prefer not to give my son my password to my Gmail account...
  4. How to get mc ps4 to allow non hosts to use cheats when playing split screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get mc ps4 to allow non hosts to use cheats when playing split screen?: Hello :) I have minecraft on almost every platform, I really love the game! Recently I bought it for ps4 to play split screen with my sibbling. We are having a blast, however only the 1st player...
  5. Being allowed to use copyrighted material?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Being allowed to use copyrighted material?: Hi! I'm sorry if this isn't the right place, but I can't find anywhere else to put this. (if I could be redirected to the appropriate site, that'd be nice) If it can be answered here though,...
  6. Are you allowed to use an NSFW image as your dashboard background on xbox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Are you allowed to use an NSFW image as your dashboard background on xbox?: Can I use an NSFW image as my xbox dashboard background? 5622caf5-d5e0-4c83-84da-03d61dd33c8c
  7. My wireless headset doesn't allow me to use the chat mixer dial when my head is tilted a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wireless headset doesn't allow me to use the chat mixer dial when my head is tilted a...: When using the headset, it works fine with no issue I tilt my head to the left slightly and it chat mixer just goes completely to the game audio side and mutes the party, this is a new issue for...
  8. How long before MS Xbox team allows you to block a game from using Quick Resume?

in XBoX on Windows
    How long before MS Xbox team allows you to block a game from using Quick Resume?: This "feature" needs to allow users to NOT use it. Quick Resume messes up every time I go to play Fortnite. I have to remember to turn off the "feature" each time when I finish playing so it won't...
  9. So Xbox allows us to make clips of in game chat but we can only use it to report people?

in XboX Insiders
    So Xbox allows us to make clips of in game chat but we can only use it to report people?: Why not just make it a standard feature? This makes no sense to me…. It’s been high requested…. submitted by /u/Electronic-Advisor37 [link] [comments]
  10. Am I allowed to use a VPN to access cloud gaming in unsupported countries?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Am I allowed to use a VPN to access cloud gaming in unsupported countries?: I wanted to use cloud gaming but I was traveling to an unsupported country, I was planning to circumvent this by using a VPN or proxy but was unsure if this was allowed....