Worst customer support - faulty hardware

Discus and support Worst customer support - faulty hardware in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Dear community, this post is just to inform you on how Xbox support deals with loyal customers. When referring to loyal I am saying that I have an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kameltreiber, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Kameltreiber
    Kameltreiber Guest

Dear community,

this post is just to inform you on how Xbox support deals with loyal customers.

When referring to loyal I am saying that I have an Xbox, an Xbox 360 and and Xbox One. I have more than 100 games on the 360 alone and already bought 4 games for Xbox One.

A short time after I bought the console my controller started bugging around - disconnecting every few minutes and instantly reconnecting. This is quite annoying as it puts you back into the menu of whatever game you have been playing at that moment.

I have checked the forums here and have seen that many people have the same problem. It seems to be possible to fix this by replacing the controller. So far so good. It turns bad when you read that a lot of other customers had their controller replaced in
    advance, meaning they had a new controller send to them before they had to send away their faulty one. This option however was not offered to me. Support told me I had to either send the console back alltogether or send my controller to Microsoft, wait, and
    then get a new controller. This means effectively sacrificing warranty time.

This is unacceptable support - especially since it has been done otherwise for certain users.

Get your *** together Microsoft.

:)

Kameltreiber, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Worst customer support ever?

I understand that & it is precisely what I am trying to do now, having finally obtained a number that can be dialed from outside the US. I also understand the need for an investigation if I intend to be reimbursed - after all, I could be faking the whole
    thing. I would even understand if I am not reimbursed, as I have no grounds to blame XBL for the intrusion (although they could surely have helped mitigate it). My point here is that the whole support procedure for such urgent incidents is ineffective and
    absurd. Right now the same person or persons who stole from me could be hacking into other accounts simply because XBL does not assign any urgency to account theft reports, even when they are easily verifiable and coming from a legitimate user. I am not criticizing
    the insurance company; I am criticizing the firemen who won't even consider stepping in and helping put out the fire until you have identified yourself beyond any doubt - and during normal business hours, if you please - as owner of the house.

RemainingNote53, Jan 4, 2014
  3. Worst Customer Support, Ever?

While the information given by the Agent. I still agree that there is some room for improvement in the quality of the support you receive. As for similar recent experiences I had the same type of Agent dealing with my case. I wanted to update my contact
    e-mail associated with my Xbox Account. After half an hour of telling me I have to go to account.live.com aliases to do so, I spent half an hour telling her I don't, and that I believe it's something to do with Xbox.com and that I tried it and it didn't work.
    So I went with her theory even though I knew it was wrong and just wasting time on a chat session I didn't really need to be in. She then asked if I set my new Alias I changed from my account section (the one i wanted to make on my Xbox Contact E-mail) had
    been verified yet. So I said you don't even need to ask that question. She said I do, it's procedure. I said well you cannot have much knowledge on Microsoft Accounts then. She assured me she did. So I said why would I need to verify an account I've already
    verified? You see earlier on I mentioned I set it as the primary with no problems.

And in order for a 'own domain e-mail address' not a 'outlook.com' address to be set to the primary it would have to be verified in order just to do that. In the end I wasted about an hour and a half and she wanted me to be transfered to someone else. I
    said forget it, and left. I then alternatively trying to update my contact e-mail address through the console rather than xbox.com. It showed it was set, testing it out on support.xbox.com/contact-us to make sure my submission shows as the new one I set, and
    it did. So I was right all along, it just didn't work on Xbox.com. And the whole time of her repeating herself thinking she knew best, she actually didn't. I see where you're coming from in regards to your experience with an Xbox Support Agent. I guess it's
    just the luck of the draw. It's like phone support with my ISP but not as much hassle. You cannot phone in tech support happy, and leave happy. I always get stressed i see where you're coming from though!

Regards,

Daniel

DanielGabriel2, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Worst customer support - faulty hardware

Hi there k4meltreiber sorry to hear about your problems with customer support unfortunately i have not seen those cases where a new controller is sent out before the defective controller is returned. You could always buy a new controller from a local retailer
    instead of dealing with support.

SilentGamer895, Jan 5, 2014
  5. Kameltreiber
    Kameltreiber Guest
    Done a quick search, first topic I found:

forums.xbox.com/.../1627064.aspx

So either user King Rambow lies - or the level of support varies from user to user. As a community ambassador / Microsoft employee I would be very careful on what to reply to this.

Also your comment on me buying a new controller has to be a joke. If this is a solution the thread title of this thread is way too positive. What comes next? Suggesting that I buy a new controller, deposit the broken controller in the box and return it just
    so I can continue to play and by this *** with the experience of another user?

Imo Microsoft should back up customers who support their products from day one. They have my freaking account data, credit card and Paypal info - if I would not send back a broken controller bill me - not waste my time and the warranty of this product.

Customer friendly looks different to me.

Kameltreiber, Jan 5, 2014
  6. WONDERBALL22
    WONDERBALL22 Guest
    I have to agree that the support is very poor! I'm having an issue with my headset and can't get access to a support agent let alone arrange a call back! Very frustrating!

WONDERBALL22, Jan 5, 2014
  7. Jericho Kane
    Jericho Kane Guest
    I brought a Xbox One on day one. When I got it home I found it had a faulty disc drive. I took it back to the retailer who had sold out and said it is best to send it back to xbox for replacement. I paid the £391 holders fee for the 3-5 day advanced replacement
    promise on the 2nd of December. It is now the 4th of January and I'm still waiting. I have called close to 20 times now and not one member of staff can help me. I have had on staff member not understand the English language, I have spoken to a "supervisor"
    who said he would find out personally what has happened then call me back in an hour. I waited 3 hours, called back and was told the person who's name I was given does not exists. I have had two people give me email addresses who say they will keep in contact
    and have never replied to me and another 3 say they will be in touch in 24 hours which never happened. The 3-5 day replacement is a lie to begin with. What they don't tell you until you have paid is it takes 3-5 days to send a console from them to UPS then
    another 3-5 days to go from UPS to you. I have been given a tracking number after asking 8 times for it and UPS still haven't received the console. This company is a joke and I have been treated disgustingly.

Jericho Kane, Jan 5, 2014
  8. Worst customer support - faulty hardware

Well its not the worst customer support ever. I mean one time, I bought some bad drugs off a street corner, trying to get that remedied was far worse, and painful....but yeah, is criminal imo.....

RobertBuckalew, Jan 5, 2014
  9. I have the same issue and I don't have the day one Xbox One. Constantly disconnects while gaming. Doesn't matter if there are new/fully charged batteries. I knew I shouldn't have bought this console for at least a year.....

NitrusDrummer, Jan 5, 2014
  10. i have had a horrific start to my xbox one experience.

i purchased the xbox a week ago and as soon as i plugged it in i realised there was a problem.the controller was disconnecting and crashing the game i was playing and sending me back to the home screen,then it asked me who i was???

i phoned xbox support who told me i had a faulty controller and i would have to send them the controller before they could replace the faulty one at a cost of £10 for shipping!!!!!!!

2 hours later while playing forza 5 the game crashed and would not let me play it,so i ejected the disc and looked at it and it had warped/burnt edges around the very outside of the disc,so on the phone to microsoft i went.

microsoft told me that i had to send the console to them and wait approx 3 weeks for a replacement,or they could take a £400 hold deposit from me and send me out the console via "UPS" within 3 working days,so i got out the bank card and forked out the £400
    holding deposit!!

2 days later "UPS" turn up with a replacement,i was overjoyed at the 2 day turnover.

so i gave the courier my old console and plugged in the new one.

the noise that came from it was quite obviously not right,it sounded like an old pc tower with an out of balance fan.

so back on the phone to ms i went.

the advisor has said he can not replace the console again,he said he needed to escalate the issue to a higher department,and it will take them up to a week to contact me to resolve the problems!!!!!!!!

so i now have a console i cant use for the second time,a controller that is faulty,and a forza disc that is about as much use as underwater show jumping!!!!!!

i have been with xbox live since 2007,i had 4 console replacements of the 360,i have spent thousands of pounds on xbox merchandise and games ect ect.

now in 2014 im in the same boat getting treated the same way.

I am absolutely disgusted at the way microsoft have dealt with this,and also around £1200 out of pocket!!!!!!!!!

THE N01 GAMER, Oct 31, 2018
  11. THE N01 GAMER Win User

i have had a horrific start to my xbox one experience.

i purchased the xbox a week ago and as soon as i plugged it in i realised there was a problem.the controller was disconnecting and crashing the game i was playing and sending me back to the home screen,then it asked me who i was???

i phoned xbox support who told me i had a faulty controller and i would have to send them the controller before they could replace the faulty one at a cost of £10 for shipping!!!!!!!

2 hours later while playing forza 5 the game crashed and would not let me play it,so i ejected the disc and looked at it and it had warped/burnt edges around the very outside of the disc,so on the phone to microsoft i went.

microsoft told me that i had to send the console to them and wait approx 3 weeks for a replacement,or they could take a £400 hold deposit from me and send me out the console via "UPS" within 3 working days,so i got out the bank card and forked out the £400
    holding deposit!!

2 days later "UPS" turn up with a replacement,i was overjoyed at the 2 day turnover.

so i gave the courier my old console and plugged in the new one.

the noise that came from it was quite obviously not right,it sounded like an old pc tower with an out of balance fan.

so back on the phone to ms i went.

the advisor has said he can not replace the console again,he said he needed to escalate the issue to a higher department,and it will take them up to a week to contact me to resolve the problems!!!!!!!!

so i now have a console i cant use for the second time,a controller that is faulty,and a forza disc that is about as much use as underwater show jumping!!!!!!

i have been with xbox live since 2007,i had 4 console replacements of the 360,i have spent thousands of pounds on xbox merchandise and games ect ect.

now in 2014 im in the same boat getting treated the same way.

I am absolutely disgusted at the way microsoft have dealt with this,and also around £1200 out of pocket!!!!!!!!!
  12. RobertBuckalew Win User

Well its not the worst customer support ever. I mean one time, I bought some bad drugs off a street corner, trying to get that remedied was far worse, and painful....but yeah, is criminal imo.....
  13. Jericho Kane Win User

I brought a Xbox One on day one. When I got it home I found it had a faulty disc drive. I took it back to the retailer who had sold out and said it is best to send it back to xbox for replacement. I paid the £391 holders fee for the 3-5 day advanced replacement
    promise on the 2nd of December. It is now the 4th of January and I'm still waiting. I have called close to 20 times now and not one member of staff can help me. I have had on staff member not understand the English language, I have spoken to a "supervisor"
    who said he would find out personally what has happened then call me back in an hour. I waited 3 hours, called back and was told the person who's name I was given does not exists. I have had two people give me email addresses who say they will keep in contact
    and have never replied to me and another 3 say they will be in touch in 24 hours which never happened. The 3-5 day replacement is a lie to begin with. What they don't tell you until you have paid is it takes 3-5 days to send a console from them to UPS then
    another 3-5 days to go from UPS to you. I have been given a tracking number after asking 8 times for it and UPS still haven't received the console. This company is a joke and I have been treated disgustingly.
  14. Kameltreiber Win User

Done a quick search, first topic I found:

forums.xbox.com/.../1627064.aspx

So either user King Rambow lies - or the level of support varies from user to user. As a community ambassador / Microsoft employee I would be very careful on what to reply to this.

Also your comment on me buying a new controller has to be a joke. If this is a solution the thread title of this thread is way too positive. What comes next? Suggesting that I buy a new controller, deposit the broken controller in the box and return it just
    so I can continue to play and by this *** with the experience of another user?

Imo Microsoft should back up customers who support their products from day one. They have my freaking account data, credit card and Paypal info - if I would not send back a broken controller bill me - not waste my time and the warranty of this product.

Customer friendly looks different to me.
  15. SilentGamer895 Win User

Hi there k4meltreiber sorry to hear about your problems with customer support unfortunately i have not seen those cases where a new controller is sent out before the defective controller is returned. You could always buy a new controller from a local retailer
    instead of dealing with support.
Thema:

1. Worst customer support - faulty hardware - Similar Threads - Worst customer support

2. Who is the worst game brand and why is it Xbox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Who is the worst game brand and why is it Xbox?: I got a 2 day suspension for a picture of a fully clothed butt of my friend that you can barely tell that’s what it is in the picture apparently that’s worth a 2 day suspension not a warning or...
  3. New dashboard is by far the worst ever

in XboX Insiders
    New dashboard is by far the worst ever: By far the worst dashboard ever. Way to much completely unnecessary things. Stop making the dashboard clutterd with stuff players dont need at all. A good dashboard is clean and not clutterd with...
  4. Worst Download speeds after applying the update.(2308.230706-2200)

in XboX Insiders
    Worst Download speeds after applying the update.(2308.230706-2200): Have you guys noticed Download speeds have worsen after this update? I got to network settings and then test network speeds and it says I have 1gbps and 400 upload but that doesn't reflect in the...
  5. Either I'm the unluckiest Xbox customer there is, or Microsoft have the worst controller QA.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Either I'm the unluckiest Xbox customer there is, or Microsoft have the worst controller QA.: I'm a little bit of a controller collector, so I've already bought a few this gen, but after my Starfield controller arrived today I'm honestly at my breaking point with this company. Since...
  6. Having the WORST Xbox/ Microsoft experience

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having the WORST Xbox/ Microsoft experience: I paid $300.00 to have my Series X of two years serviced at a Best-Buy that provides Microsoft support, the drive is 45 minutes each way. I picked up the replacement console over the weekend and...
  7. Worst Ban Ever

in XBoX Accessibility
    Worst Ban Ever: Okay so let me preface this by saying yes I did send a message to be a jerk but it should not have ended in a comms ban. So I was playing a game of rocket league and we were losing 5 to 2. One...
  8. Xbox is the worst console by far

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox is the worst console by far: I genuinely can’t stand this ****, achieve more earn more never gives you your points, I’ve been grinding your horrible gamepass ea games to try and get points. I’ve gotten like 4 or 5...
  9. CHANGING PS5 FOR SERIES X... IS THE WORST DECISION ON CALL OF DUTY

in XBoX Games and Apps
    CHANGING PS5 FOR SERIES X... IS THE WORST DECISION ON CALL OF DUTY: I've had a playstation all my life and an xbox 360. I bought the PS5, and I sold it to give this console a chance. It has been my worst decision!! because? I explain it. I'm tired of...
  10. Forcing system updates is the absolute worst

in XboX Insiders
    Forcing system updates is the absolute worst: On at least 3 separate occasions now, i’ve been forced to update the console with a tiny 500mb or less update while in the middle of a multiplayer match, just to get absolutely nothing from it. i...