Wont let me play Minecraft, says I need to buy it.

Discus and support Wont let me play Minecraft, says I need to buy it. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; After the migration, it seems I can't play Minecraft. It says I need to buy it, but I've played it a few months ago, and also been doing so on and off... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SpaceNacho, Jan 16, 2022.

1. SpaceNacho
    SpaceNacho Guest

After the migration, it seems I can't play Minecraft. It says I need to buy it, but I've played it a few months ago, and also been doing so on and off for several years.

I've chekced that the migration was completed, I can't log in to Mojang, and when I asked the support there, they told me to contact Microsoft. But sadly no help to get there.

Im at a loss, what could be the issue?

:)

SpaceNacho, Jan 16, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

On the login prompt in the java launcher, go back. You'll see the mojang account you had been signing into - ignore it, and add a new account to the launcher. Using the email address associated with the microsoft account you just migrated to, sign in with the email address and password of your microsoft account. It's not an elegant migration on the UX side of things, but it does work.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Go to Minecraft.net and download the Windows 7/8 launcher. That should work.

It appears the Windows 10 launcher is bugged.
  4. SpaceNacho Win User

Sadly that did not fix it. Still tells me to buy it. None of the versions are available, only the demo.
  5. SpaceNacho Win User

I found the issue!

Seems when I migrated, my PC logged into the usual Microsoft account. Had to remove the acocunts and add them again. Its fixed now, thanks!

:)
  6. Darhyl Amizola Win User

I have minecraft, but it wont let me play and says to buy it again.

Hi there! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Minecraft game.

I just want to confirm, do you play your Minecraft on Windows PC or Xbox console?

Based on your description, the error suggests that the system can't find the Minecraft game license on your Microsoft account.

Your Minecraft account must have migrated to the original Microsoft account email address where it was first created.

In order to fix this, you will need to find the Microsoft account where your Minecraft was migrated and where your Minecraft game license was purchased.

Kindly sign in to all of your Microsoft email accounts on account.microsoft.com > payment and billing > order history > select the date of range when you purchased your Minecraft game.

From there, check if you have any Minecraft transactions. If you have found the transactions, use the same Microsoft account to login to Minecraft Launcher.

If you're unable to find the Minecraft game transaction, check your other Microsoft email accounts' order history.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
Thema:

1. Wont let me play Minecraft, says I need to buy it. - Similar Threads - Wont let play

2. I own a game and it wont let me play because i don't have game pass?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I own a game and it wont let me play because i don't have game pass?: I own Halo mater chief collection but i cant play it because i don't have a game pass subscription. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I bought the game fare and square why cant i play it...
  3. My seagate hard drive wont let me play sreies x optimised games.

in XBoX on Windows
    My seagate hard drive wont let me play sreies x optimised games.: As stated in title my seagate hard drive, (1tb black brick with a green led light) wont let me play series x optismised games anymore. As the internal hard drive is really small this hard drive...
  4. my laptop wont let me play league of legends because its not a verified game

in XBoX on Windows
    my laptop wont let me play league of legends because its not a verified game: Hi, how can I play none verified games?? I'm trying to download on my windows laptop 2e146413-c03c-4cb4-acc1-413d48ec1dff
  5. Wont let me play multiplayer on hardwood spades?? Help bought game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wont let me play multiplayer on hardwood spades?? Help bought game pass: won't let me play multiplayer on hardwood spades Yyyy 220a2540-25e6-4efb-bb6c-abb71ac70abb
  6. The Yakuza 0 wont let me play and turns off my xbox one S at the first tutorial

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Yakuza 0 wont let me play and turns off my xbox one S at the first tutorial: My xbox one s wont allow me to play the first tutorial battle and I have done the power cycle did a factory reset and even uninstalled it and reinstalled it I dont under stand why this is...
  7. Ive pre-ordered a game but it wont let me play anything early as it says ive not pre-ordered it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ive pre-ordered a game but it wont let me play anything early as it says ive not pre-ordered it: Ive pre-ordered a game but it wont let me play anything early as it says ive not pre-ordered it fc2aa105-cbf2-4f1e-860c-748a182e2e97
  8. I own Subnautica on xbox, but wont let me play on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own Subnautica on xbox, but wont let me play on PC: I already have bought and played Subnautica on my Xbox, I logged into the same Xbox account on the app and it says I havent bought it yet and need to buy it for $29,99 or something like that....
  9. How come on nba2k24 it wont let me play my career because of content restrictions but i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How come on nba2k24 it wont let me play my career because of content restrictions but i...: How come on nba2k24 it wont let me play my career because of content restrictions but i don't have any restrictions set 27b8d84f-26f6-4e5e-8298-c5fd852294f8
  10. Home xbox troubles, wont let my friend play cloud gaming!

in XboX Insiders
    Home xbox troubles, wont let my friend play cloud gaming!: Me and my friend are sharing games and xbox game pass ultimate through xbox home but, it wont let him play on cloud gaming does anyone know why? submitted by /u/ZealousidealPush9612 [link]...