Won't let me format for games and apps

Discus and support Won't let me format for games and apps in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Seagate game drive for 2 terabytes that is cleaned of everything but it doesn't want to connect to my xbox for formating games and apps it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ryker Weiss, Nov 12, 2023.

1. Ryker Weiss
    Ryker Weiss Guest

I have a Seagate game drive for 2 terabytes that is cleaned of everything but it doesn't want to connect to my xbox for formating games and apps it works perfectly fine for media but not the alternative. I am plugging it directly into the back of my xbox. Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

:)

Ryker Weiss, Nov 12, 2023
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Ryker W, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I understand that you are having trouble formatting your 2 terabyte Seagate gaming drive for games and applications on your Xbox.

Drive requirements: For an external storage drive to store Xbox games and apps, it must meet the following requirements

USB 3.0 connection

128 GB or more of storage capacity.

A partition.

Check the connection: Make sure the unit is properly connected to the Xbox. If possible, try another USB port on the Xbox

Restart your Xbox: If the drive is not detected, try restarting your Xbox. To do this, press the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, then turn the Xbox back on and check to see if it detects the external drive.

Manual Formatting: If you are not prompted to format the drive when you first connect it, you can manually start the formatting process. To do this, go to: Start > Settings > System > Manage storage. The drive should be detected in 'Manage Storage'. Select the drive and choose to format for 'Games and Apps'

Xbox updates: Make sure you have installed the latest updates for Xbox

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, don't hesitate to contact us again.
  3. bigJ7678 Win User

will they ban players who glitched for a couple hundred thousand dollars, not millions

*SUV* stupid smart phone won't let me use rich format and edit my post.
  4. II PARALLAX II Win User

Battlefield Blog Poll

yeah, I like Firefox better too, but it won't let me copy&paste a link while in ''rich formatting"
  5. ChedderSweg Win User

Can't download my profile (error: 801590E)

When I try to play halo reach on my Xbox one it won't let me connect to Xbox live for the 360 format. Help?
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Xbox app won't let me sign in

Hello Carlos Abdelmalik,

Thank you for letting us know that the prior solution did not help fix the issue. We do have other strategies to try.

Here are the few steps that we can try:

Uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services:

• Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    • In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
      get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    • In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    • Restart your device and try signing in again.

Use Gaming Services Repair Tool:

• Launch the Xbox app for PC.
    • Click your Profile picture.
    • Click on Support.
    • Choose Gaming Services Repair Tool.
    • Click Start Troubleshooting

Clearing Xbox identity data:

- Open folder '%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker'

- Delete both subfolders in it

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. Won't let me format for games and apps - Similar Threads - Won't let format

2. Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?: It seems like microsoft does not care about the customers. There is a myriad of reasons we want to use them. Mine is a sentimental reason from a deceased friend and I cannot use it. Help me make...
  3. My xbox one wont fully update and won't let me turn it on

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox one wont fully update and won't let me turn it on: So my storage is full on my xbox and it needs to update when I turned it on it starts updating but stops half way saying something went wrong when trouble shooting it give me 4 options restart...
  4. I renewed my Games Pass Ultimate but it won't let me play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    I renewed my Games Pass Ultimate but it won't let me play online: I renewed my subscription, but anytime I play a game that requires online, it pops up the choose your plan screen but instead of showing plans it says "no available offers" but this screen...
  5. Was playing r6 then it quit and won't come back online to let me play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Was playing r6 then it quit and won't come back online to let me play: I was playing rainbow six siege I've owned the game for years no I was just playing it then the game quit out i relaunch in to the game says the game has a update via inside the game and now it...
  6. Why won't Microsoft let me launch Fortnite?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't Microsoft let me launch Fortnite?: When I went to Epic Games, I downloaded the file for Fortnite. I clicked on the file, but a small screen popped up and said, "The app you are trying to install isn't Microsoft-verified." This...
  7. Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?: Under rewards it added phone verification and it won't let me put my number in. Never had to do this before usually just got points and redeemed them. cab72864-61a6-4845-b498-d45fe2990133
  8. Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account: When I try to sign in to my existing account to my xbox 360 it will not let me sign in I have an account on my xbox one that's lets me sign in fine but it won't let me on my xbox 360...
  9. Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account: I'm logged into my account on the launcher, it shows up and everything. When I go to play Java, it says I need to add a username. When I enter the one I already have it says it's in use, despite...
  10. xbox one recognizes drive, won't let me format for extra storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one recognizes drive, won't let me format for extra storage: It is a 1 TB seagate. I reformatted on pc because I have read that these have partition issues. Plugged in in to xbox, deselected check box about "when xbox is off, turn off storage". Did a...