Won’t launch guide

Discus and support Won’t launch guide in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I press the home guide button on the controller, all I get is that the guide couldn’t launch with error code 0x80073dof. I’ve never had this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XxANGELMAKERxX, Feb 10, 2024.

1. Won’t launch guide

When I press the home guide button on the controller, all I get is that the guide couldn’t launch with error code 0x80073dof. I’ve never had this happen before. How do I fix this issue?

:)

XxANGELMAKERxX, Feb 10, 2024
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Won’t launch guide

Hi there XxANGELMAKERxX, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Please check if it allows you to access the console settings using the settings button in the top right corner of the Xbox main menu, and then go to:

System > Console info > Reset console > Reset and keep my games & apps.

Your console will be reconfigured, and you will need to re-add your account. Therefore, make sure you have your account email and password details before proceeding. Please note that no games or apps will be deleted, and you will not lose progress in any game since they are saved in the Xbox Cloud.

If it doesn't allow you to access the console settings in that way, then please check if your Xbox console allows you to access the troubleshooting screen by following the steps below:

1. Ensure that there is no game disc present in the console. If there is, please remove it before proceeding further.

2. Turn off the Xbox and unplug the power cord for 30 seconds to make sure the console is completely turned off. Then plug it back in, but do not turn it on yet.

3. Press and hold the Pair and Eject buttons on the console, and then press the power button on the console once while continuing to hold the Pair and Eject buttons.

4. Keep holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10 to 15 seconds until you hear the console's power-on tone again, at which point you can release the buttons.

5. The console should power on and display the Xbox startup troubleshooter on the screen.

6. If you have successfully accessed the troubleshooter screen, please select "Reset this Xbox". When prompted, select the "Keep games and apps" option. This will reset the operating system and remove any potentially corrupt data that may be causing the issue, without deleting your apps or games.

7. Check if the problem persists after following all of the above steps.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. DominumStige Win User

Guide won’t work

Hi!

Try clearing the console cache with the
    power cycle
    system. Sometimes it can cause delays in opening functions.
  4. CrazY1985 Win User

Guide won’t work

Try clearing your cache by holding down the power button on your console for 10 seconds.
  5. BenUk_369 Win User

Xbox 360

It plays if I go to my download history and launch it from there but I have to be signed into Xbox live, it won’t launch offline
  6. Risdene Win User

Xbox One and Minecraft

Hi, thanks again

But how can I launch the game first if the game won’t launch anyway?

Grateful for your patience. IT isn’t my first preference:(
Thema:

Won’t launch guide

1. Won’t launch guide - Similar Threads - Won’t launch guide

2. My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...: I tried everything like resetting my console and unplugging it but nothing works 8c9e7e91-d0e3-4051-b1f8-62d163855ebf
  3. When I go on my Xbox series x it says “if home still won’t launch. Reinstalling should fix...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I go on my Xbox series x it says “if home still won’t launch. Reinstalling should fix...: When I go on my Xbox series x it says “if home still won’t launch. Reinstalling should fix the problem. (0x80073d0f) and I can’t access my profile home or my games and apps...
  4. Why won’t COD MW3 launch or install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t COD MW3 launch or install: Hello. So I have a disc copy of the new Call of Duty mw3(2023) but when I put it in the console it sounds like it wants to spin but won’t and keeps making the sound like it wants to go but won’t....
  5. Subnatica won’t launch in the Xbox app claiming it’s a free trial?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Subnatica won’t launch in the Xbox app claiming it’s a free trial?: I have a problem trying to play subnatica on my pc through the Xbox app. When I try to launch the game it says my free trial is over even though I bought and played the game on my Xbox account...
  6. What’s next? Call of duty mw3 won’t launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What’s next? Call of duty mw3 won’t launch: What’s next? Call of duty mw3 won’t launch I have done everything that I’ve been instructed to do from clearing cache to factory resets and reinstalling the game but it still loads to what is now...
  7. FM 24 won’t launch on game pass on Xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FM 24 won’t launch on game pass on Xbox series x: When I download FM24 from game pass it won’t load the game keeps asking to insert a disc 57a516ce-7d27-4882-8e85-5b80624341fd
  8. Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t Dolby atmos launch on my series s?.: I’ve used it before without any issues but since last night it’s been failing to launch. It sits on the opening screen like it’s loading but never loads. I’ve never had this issue and yes I’ve...
  9. My EA FC 24 has installed on my Xbox but is giving error code 0x803f8001 and won’t launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My EA FC 24 has installed on my Xbox but is giving error code 0x803f8001 and won’t launch: My EA FC 24 is installed and in my library but won’t launch it’s asking if I own the app. How can I fix this I have tried as 2 days now to no avail 48bf0f0b-344d-4e27-b8a5-94c6b9f72e4d
  10. Slime Rancher won’t launch on Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Slime Rancher won’t launch on Series S: Hi Slime rancher has been working fine since we bought it (months ago) however all of a sudden when I try to load it, it gets to the ‘press menu’ screen and once I press menu it closes and goes...