Won't control Directv box

Discus and support Won't control Directv box in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can't seem to find any info on this, aside from some similar issues from '13 and' 14. I have Directv with the whole home DVR and a Directv Dolby... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by pmeyer81, Jan 29, 2020.

1. pmeyer81
    pmeyer81 Guest

I can't seem to find any info on this, aside from some similar issues from '13 and' 14. I have Directv with the whole home DVR and a Directv Dolby C51-500 DVR box plugged in via HDMI to my Xbox, then from the Xbox to my Samsung tv. Everything was working
    great, powered the DVR on, was able to change channels with the Xbox, pause TV, etc. Then I moved my Xbox, having to unplug everything to do so. When I plugged everything back in, the same way it was, my Xbox no longer recognizes the DVR box. I thought the
    problem was the directv box, so I swapped it out with another in my house, and that didn't work. I tried to input the info manually, and that didn't work, I've tried unplugging everything again, holding down the power button on the Xbox, unplugging the Xbox,
    remove and add satellite, and then some, and nothing seems to work.

I am able to watch TV and control the directv via the Directv remote, but my Xbox will not recognize it. I've looked through the settings and didn't see anything glaring that I thought needed to be changed, not did I change anything after I moved it, and
    from the time it was working. It just won't work.

I haven't tried calling yet, as I figured surely there was something that would tell me how to fix it, but I can't seem to find anything.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Has anyone else had this problem? This is quite annoying as I have an echo dot that controls everything, but since this issue came up, I have to manually change it and power it on (first world problems, I know.)

:)

pmeyer81, Jan 29, 2020
  2. Dirtywildcat88 Win User

Howdy Meyer I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble, especially considering the circumstances. Unfortunately I am no IT guy so I don't believe I would be able to provide you with good information or helpful suggestions after reading all the thins you've
    tried. However, yes please do call the support team they may hear of this problem more often than either of us think.

Sorry nobody got to you sooner. Happy hunting
  3. pmeyer81 Win User

Thank you. I'm guessing that is what I am going to have to do. It's really not a big deal...just trying to make my life easier...lol
  4. ExpiredStar680 Win User

Xbox one won't switch channels (Direct TV)

Having a similar issue. Xbox cannot pause the TV through voice commands. Same DirecTv box from the original post. My problem occurred when I set up my DirecTv remote through RF (my cable box is in the cabinet). I can control volume (the tv), but not the
    cable box.
  5. CeasedThought Win User

HDMI pass through

No my directv box controls what signal it is recieving and sends it through the xbox. Not all broadcasts are in 1080p.
  6. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Controlling DirecTV HR21-700

Also check to make sure that your DirecTV box isn't set to RF control instead of IR. We've had a few reports of that.
Thema:

1. Won't control Directv box - Similar Threads - Won't control Directv

2. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  3. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  4. My controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't turn on: My controller won't turn on I used a wire for it and tried new batteries but it won't turn on but I was just using it this morning with a charging c cable bc536c90-da0b-4b12-9d3f-d8565e0ce9ce
  5. I threw my controller troller now it won't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    I threw my controller troller now it won't work: I threw my elite core controller on the ground and when I go to turn of the xbox using the on screen method and the little white box that surrounds the options you are hovering over whenever I go...
  6. Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console: Randomly one day It stopped working even when connected to the console with a USB chord and whenever I try to turn it on, the light just keeps blinking slowly and doesn't want to turn on. I...
  7. Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...: Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console and a minute before that it let me synk my other controller f32a4156-18fe-44c4-8f69-1ca1f5d06696
  8. Xbox controller won't enter pairing mode

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controller won't enter pairing mode: hello! so ive been trying to connect my xbox controller to my ipad for an hour now and it just won't connect. it flashes for a split second before the controller just turns off. does anyone know...
  9. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  10. Why won't the controller stay connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't the controller stay connected?: I have read all related questions and suggestions. Nothing is a permanent fix and I'd rather not switch systems. If there isn't a fix for this , switching is the I kt option left...