Wont connect to internet but router and connection are fine

Discus and support Wont connect to internet but router and connection are fine in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox is not working this morning. It says I cannot connect to live so I ran a connection test. It says I am connected to my router, but my router... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by wingedraider17, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Wont connect to internet but router and connection are fine

My xbox is not working this morning. It says I cannot connect to live so I ran a connection test. It says I am connected to my router, but my router isnt connected to the internet. My computer and phone are working just fine. I reset my router and my network
    connections as the support website question thingy told me to. Still didnt work. I did this many more times and none of them worked. There is no interference or anything at all from my headset because it is wired, not wireless as the support suggested. It
    worked just last night and I am getting increasingly frustrated.

:)

wingedraider17, Jun 19, 2015
  2. Wireless works but Xbox wont connect

It was working fine last night and now this morning it wont even connect to the internet. I know my internet works fine because my computer is working just fine over the same network. But when i run the test connection it will connect to my local network
    but fails to connect to the internet. I can see on my Xbox that all the Live status are up but it still wont connect. Any suggestions?

You My Bae Blue, Jun 19, 2015
  3. My network wont connect to my laptop.

my wireless networking adapter (the one with one antanna) is picking up my internet connection and is also connecting but for some reason my internet connection wont connect to the internet. All of the other devices in the house are conectring fine. Its
    just my xbox that wont

SacredDoughnut1, Jun 19, 2015
  4. Mizz Che
    Mizz Che Guest

Same thing happening here for quite a few days now...Time to switch from xbox....

Mizz Che, Jun 19, 2015
  5. Mizz Che Win User

Same thing happening here for quite a few days now...Time to switch from xbox....
  6. AdriftRain666 Win User

No Internet Connection

I'm having problems connecting to my internet as well. Its working just fine on my laptop and it was working fine the other day. Now its just not connecting and I did the whole turning it off than turning it on and still wont connect but the router is saying
    I have internet
  7. adamsisson Win User

Unable to update ANY game

Done a factory reset

tried again and still wont update. Just shows installation stopped

and says check internet connection.

Connection is fine 65mb/s speeds tried through router and personal hotspot but no joy.

dont understand why it wont update anything?

thanks
  8. SacredDoughnut1 Win User

My network wont connect to my laptop.

my wireless networking adapter (the one with one antanna) is picking up my internet connection and is also connecting but for some reason my internet connection wont connect to the internet. All of the other devices in the house are conectring fine. Its
    just my xbox that wont
  9. Skully Headshot Win User

Xbox series x won’t stay connected to internet. Just bought today brand new out of the box

So is your issue is with connecting to the router, or is it connecting to the internet? Its possible to connect perfectly to a router but not have internet access. So rule that out for us.

I wonder if your ethernet port is physically loose/defective.

If its connecting to the router just fine but not the internet, than the console may not be the problem.
Thema:

1. Wont connect to internet but router and connection are fine - Similar Threads - Wont connect internet

2. why the hell wont it let my xbox connect to the internet after y’all’s servers went down

in XBoX on Consoles
    why the hell wont it let my xbox connect to the internet after y’all’s servers went down: ever since the servers went down 2 days ago i have tried everything under the sun to try and fix it and nothing works. i thought about maybe just trying to wait it out but i’m not finna just sit...
  3. Xbox Series S wont connect to internet properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S wont connect to internet properly: Hi all, it seems my xbox wont connect to the internet properly, here's the issues i'm running into: Xbox takes 1-2 mins to sign me in, no live images/videos play on home screen, xbox says it is...
  4. my xbox series s wont connect to the internet :(

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series s wont connect to the internet :(: i recently hopped on to my xbox series s and my internet just wouldn't work, so i turned off my router for 30 secs and that wouldn't work, then i checked if my router was filtering out my xbox...
  5. MY XBOX WONT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    MY XBOX WONT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET!!!!: Hello. Recently, I got new Xbox series S about 2 to 3 months ago. It worked fine up until two days ago. I was getting ready to play some games with my friends when I accidentally touched the cord...
  6. Xbox 360 s wont connect to internet how do fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 s wont connect to internet how do fix it?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox 360 S to my 2.4ghz network. I noticed on my Nintendo Switch the Security is WPA2-PSK (AES). I've looked it up and apparently you can't have that specific one....
  7. Xbox S wont connect to internet for past couple of days

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox S wont connect to internet for past couple of days: Once I restart it & power it off it starts working again but its getting annoying (the first day I bought to Xbox i wouldn't connect till I booted it off, Idk if this has something to do with...
  8. xbox 360 with good internet connection from laptop wont connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 with good internet connection from laptop wont connect to xbox live: when i go into my wired network settings, i click test xbox live connection. everything else connects good except for xbox live. ive tried both suggestions but both didnt work (note my connections...
  9. My Xbox 360 wont connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 wont connect to the internet: My xbox 360 wont connect the internet I called my internet provider and they said to go on your website can you please help. 6ea56dd0-c6d9-4786-a95a-417cbf2c2196
  10. my xbox 360 wont connect to the internet. It will connect to Network, but even when connect...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox 360 wont connect to the internet. It will connect to Network, but even when connect...: my xbox 360 wont connect to the internet. It will connect to Network, but even when connect to ethernet it wont connect the internet. 4cb88463-75dd-4c20-8510-f6261bd67f9c