With Xbox Console Companion Deprecated, How Do I Move Screenshots and Videos from XBOX to PC?

Discus and support With Xbox Console Companion Deprecated, How Do I Move Screenshots and Videos from XBOX to PC? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; It used to be so simple. Take a screenshot on the xbox, open up the xbox console companion on the PC, select the image and download locally. The file... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Cocorox, Sep 1, 2023.

1. Cocorox
    Cocorox Guest

With Xbox Console Companion Deprecated, How Do I Move Screenshots and Videos from XBOX to PC?

It used to be so simple. Take a screenshot on the xbox, open up the xbox console companion on the PC, select the image and download locally. The file list was often slow to load/update but the process worked and made sense.

What is the replacement task flow for this operation? Use a USB stick like on Playstation? That would be sad.

/rant

Now the Console Companion app won't even run. And the help files almost assume you are playing an Xbox game on the PC, which I am not. The windows+G app (is that the Xbox Gamebar?) only shows me images stored locally in my videos/captures folder. I already know how to find that so it's not super helpful. The Xbox app (on windows) is essentially a store front, no visible link to my Xbox content other than a friends list. The help files I can find online are very clear about taking a screenshot, which is nice, but if you aren't trying to share the post on social media -- i just want a local copy -- they are not helpful.

surely I am missing something. Thank you for your time

:)

Cocorox, Sep 1, 2023
  2. Cocorox Win User

Thank you for the response!

My version of the Xbox App doesn't have an upper left hamburger menu. I see a vertical list of options starting with my Xbox Profile, Game Pass, My Library, Cloud Gaming, etc. It looks essentially the same as

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-pc

I was able to use OneDrive to copy files up from Xbox and then down to my windows machine. It's just not ideal: it adds extra steps, adds burden of having to clean up after myself on OneDrive so I don't waste storage space. But it works.

hunting for hamburgers,

-me
  3. OutcastSoul010 Win User

There are no three lines in the upper left hand corner! There's only three small lines on the left side ONLY leading to "most recent" and "installed"
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello Cocorox,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having trouble transferring screenshots and videos from your Xbox to your PC since the Xbox Console Companion has been deprecated.

The replacement for the Xbox Console Companion app is the Xbox app on Windows 10. To transfer your screenshots and videos, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the Xbox app on your Windows 10 PC.

2. Click on the three horizontal lines in the top-left corner of the app to open the menu.

3. Click on "Captures" in the menu.

4. Select the screenshot or video you want to transfer.

5. Click on the "Download" button to save the file to your PC.

Please see:

Share game clips and screenshots | Xbox Support

Manage your game clips and screenshots | Xbox Support

If you are not seeing your screenshots and videos in the Xbox app, you may need to make sure that your Xbox account is linked to your Windows 10 account. You can do this by going to the Xbox app settings and selecting "Accounts" from the menu.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  6. Aixtreme Win User

XBox Game Bar PC- How to automatically upload screenshot into XBox App Photo Library?

Thank you for your answer. I know how to upload captures from my xbox. I wanted to know, how to upload them from my PC to XBox Live.

I downloaded the XBox Console Companion App and there one can read, that uploading screenshots from PC to XBox Live is currently not possible.
Thema:

1. With Xbox Console Companion Deprecated, How Do I Move Screenshots and Videos from XBOX to PC? - Similar Threads - Console Companion Deprecated

2. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  3. bring back console companion or clubs feature in the new Xbox app :(

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    bring back console companion or clubs feature in the new Xbox app :(: why was Xbox console companion taken away it was far more useful than the now useless Xbox app it did all the same things plus so much more so please bring back the console companion or at least...
  4. Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to be able to stream my games from my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to be able to stream my games from my...: Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to stream games from my Xbox One X to YouTube? d5de1c6e-872c-46e2-8615-447b0133d214
  5. Console companion is gone, how to i display my Xbox onto my laptop?

in XBoX on Windows
    Console companion is gone, how to i display my Xbox onto my laptop?: It says that console companion was delated in august 2023, i just bought a xbox one but i only have my laptop. i looked it up on google before i bought the xbox and it said i could 100% use my...
  6. How can I connect my xbox one console to my laptop without the xbox companion app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I connect my xbox one console to my laptop without the xbox companion app?: I want to connect my laptop to my xbox one console by hdmi but I dont have the xbox console companion app pre installed and i cant find it it any store.... How can I connect my cosole to my laptop...
  7. With Microsoft removing console companion, how do I change my pfp with custom picture on PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    With Microsoft removing console companion, how do I change my pfp with custom picture on PC?: The website doesn't have an option for custom pfps and the xbox app has never had the option. I don't have a phone atm and I found a good picture to use instead. 52c76ec7-6776-4125-a869-8a2143429070
  8. Okay, since Console Companion is no longer available, where do I now go to download Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Okay, since Console Companion is no longer available, where do I now go to download Xbox...: I've been trying for the past half hour to find a way to access my xbox screenshots (Ones that are NOT in my pc files folder. But new ones that I have yet to download onto PC that were taken on my...
  9. Features I miss from Xbox console companion. Will they return for the Xbox app?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Features I miss from Xbox console companion. Will they return for the Xbox app?: After Xbox console companion app has been officially unsupported, there are many missing features that I used to frequently use that I would love to see integrated into the official Xbox app, this...
  10. How do i download/access my Xbox screenshots on PC? Now that the Xbox Console Companion app...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i download/access my Xbox screenshots on PC? Now that the Xbox Console Companion app...: How do i download/access my Xbox screenshots on PC? Now that the Xbox Console Companion app is no longer working. 33144d7e-870e-4f1a-bb2d-0f6ae3cc9d5c