Witcher 3 Disc doesn’t work on Xbox One X

Discus and support Witcher 3 Disc doesn’t work on Xbox One X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A support agent suggested that I make a post about this issue in particular. I’m not sure that it’s very common, but I’ve been having issues with it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KILLZ1LLA01, Jul 27, 2018.

1. KILLZ1LLA01
    KILLZ1LLA01 Guest

A support agent suggested that I make a post about this issue in particular. I’m not sure that it’s very common, but I’ve been having issues with it ever since I started using Xbox One X.

My Witcher 3 disc just doesn’t work properly with my One X, but it works every time I launch it on my old Xbox One. There’s a small off-chance that the game will work on the One X, but it requires multiple restarts just for a chance of it working. I have
    never had any issues with games not launching on my One X either, and the disc is in good condition.

I really have no idea of why this would happen, it’s almost as if my copy is incompatible with Xbox One X. I’m very hesitant to buy the game again digitally since I already purchased the disc upon release only for it to now work on my new console.

:)

KILLZ1LLA01, Jul 27, 2018
  2. brenda jack
    brenda jack Guest
    My mic doesn’t work on Xbox one X

Hi. My mic doesn’t work on Xbox one X, it worked fine on my regular Xbox one, and I can hear audio perfectly fine. I’ve tried two headsets that are exactly the same, on three different controllers, and it still doesn’t pick up any audio from my mic.

brenda jack, Jul 27, 2018
  3. brenda jack
    brenda jack Guest
    Xbox one X mic problems

Hi. My mic doesn’t work on Xbox one X, it worked fine on my regular Xbox one, and I can hear audio perfectly fine. I’ve tried two headsets that are exactly the same, on three different controllers, and it still doesn’t pick up any audio from my mic.

brenda jack, Jul 27, 2018
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

Perform a hard reset EXACTLY like this. I

Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.

If that doesn't resolve the issue you might consider contact support directly for a repair. Contact Us | Xbox Support

{Parity}, Jul 28, 2018
  5. bruiserbox
    bruiserbox Guest
    I've been having the same issue with other game disc, too. The new dashboard update cause this IMO. The issue is more widespread that the 'gaming press' is covering.

bruiserbox, Nov 3, 2018
  6. bruiserbox Win User

I've been having the same issue with other game disc, too. The new dashboard update cause this IMO. The issue is more widespread that the 'gaming press' is covering.
  7. {Parity} Win User

Perform a hard reset EXACTLY like this. I

Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.

If that doesn't resolve the issue you might consider contact support directly for a repair. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us
  8. Papo Type R Win User

Cross Gen MODERN WARFARE 2 DISC NOT READING

It actually does. I got the Series X this holiday at $349, and the same disc is working perfectly. I have determined that the Xbox One X disc drive is trying to read Cross Gen discs differently than Xbox One discs. The disc drive on the Series X doesn’t have this issue. You might need a new disc or you might need to send your Series X for maintenance.
  9. ChiefJoboo Win User

Game disc defect

If the game disc is damaged by normal or negligent use and it has worked before, you may not be able to get a replacement and you must buy a new one.

If these issues started when the game was new, out of the box, please first see this page to troubleshoot the disc:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/disc-error

If nothing on this page works and the disc was not damaged since you bought it please contact the developers for a possible disc replacement on the developer's website, CD Project Red:

https://en.cdprojektred.com/support/?support-product=the-witcher-3
  10. Cody Busch Win User

Xbox Series X/One compatible disk wont read in Xbox One

I’m having the same problem, the disc literally says it’s multi system playable, it says series x/s and Xbox one on it, my disc spins a few times then stops, Xbox doesn’t do anything. No error message or anything
Thema:

1. Witcher 3 Disc doesn’t work on Xbox One X - Similar Threads - Witcher Disc doesn’t

2. Witcher 3 Save files gone after upgrading to Windows 11

in XBoX on Windows
    Witcher 3 Save files gone after upgrading to Windows 11: I recently decided to update my computer to Windows 11 from 10 since I heard that all the issues it had previously when it first released were patched up. Low and behold, updating completely wiped...
  3. How do I get suspended for clipping a cutscene off Witcher 3

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I get suspended for clipping a cutscene off Witcher 3: Unreal there is no way my case was reviewed thoroughly 45977854-67f9-4cd2-93fc-3dc7c0526bf6
  4. Hello xbox. Iam trying to download the witcher 3 but he tells me something went wrong....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello xbox. Iam trying to download the witcher 3 but he tells me something went wrong....: Hello xbox. Iam trying to download the witcher 3 but he tells me something went wrong. It dosent happen with other game just with the witcher ffc32eaf-3fe0-49a0-a833-adc0f22ba0e2
  5. Why can't I play The witcher 3 on my xbox series S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play The witcher 3 on my xbox series S?: I bought The Witcher 3 complete edition on my Xbox one digitally, I then sold my old Xbox and got a new Series S. It now says that I have to buy The Witcher again on the Microsoft store even...
  6. I bought The Witcher 3: Complete edition on the Xbox store for my Xbox one s and now I've...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought The Witcher 3: Complete edition on the Xbox store for my Xbox one s and now I've...: I'm confused about why it doesn't transfer over from my old Xbox onto my new one. 1ce0d56f-bab4-45ac-afed-f3ebeddef15d
  7. How to install japanese dub on witcher 3?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to install japanese dub on witcher 3?: I have one simple question on the witcher 3 it says that the japanese language is supported but my question is how can i install it beacuse i cant find it on the xbox store and neither on the "my...
  8. The witcher 2 bought from the store is not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The witcher 2 bought from the store is not working: Hello, I owned disc version of the witcher 2 that I don't have anymore. I've decided to buy a digital version of the game from the store and after downloading it I can't play it on my series X,...
  9. My Witcher 3 disc will not play.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Witcher 3 disc will not play.: Hello I have a few things to say, I'll start off by saying I do have an original Xbox One. I tried putting my Witcher 3 disc in and the first time it tried to spin up and it wouldn't play, so I...
  10. Witcher 2 disc install stops at 42%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Witcher 2 disc install stops at 42%: Hey all, I recently purchased a NEW copy of witcher 2. I downloaded disc 2 without a problem, however disc 1 stops installing at 42% every time. I've noticed that the disc stops being spun in the...