Witcher 2 digital copy corrupt save files on XBOne

Discus and support Witcher 2 digital copy corrupt save files on XBOne in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've downloaded Witcher 2 through the recent promo, and played about 15 hours to the second half of game. On loading the game tonight, it presents... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RingoHere, Feb 10, 2016.

1. RingoHere
    RingoHere Guest

Hi, I've downloaded Witcher 2 through the recent promo, and played about 15 hours to the second half of game. On loading the game tonight, it presents Gamma screen, then "The storage device containing your gamer profile has been removed. You must reinsert
    the device in order to continue playing." I can only hit B to quit game. Restarts etc have not helped.

This is Xbox One with no external storage, download copy of game, and no other activity or games since it worked last. A few days ago another user posted similar in this support channel but they had an x360 also. Could it be there's a bug in backward compatibility
    for this game?

If any tips, I'd rather not lose my progress. If not possible, well I guess that sucks. Any ideas?

:)

RingoHere, Feb 10, 2016
  2. Natetendo83
    Natetendo83 Guest
    Don't be Surprised if Sony Takes a Cut From Used Games Too.

[quote user="Travan"]

but there's no wear and tear on digital files.

[/quote]Digital files can get corrupt, lost, deleted, etc. What happens if I buy a digital copy of something and in 5 years it gets corrupted, but the servers who provide the download are now gone?

Natetendo83, Feb 10, 2016
  3. PhloydBarnum
    PhloydBarnum Guest
    Can only play DVDs when on live

Something must have gone corrupt on the 4gb internal drive. When you play DVDs the Xbox saves a bookmark file and thr corrupt file causes the error.

-----------------

Copy/move
    everything off the 4gb internal drive.

2. Reformat the drive

3. Try a DVD

4. If all works fine; move/copy files back to the internal drive as you wish.

PhloydBarnum, Feb 10, 2016
  4. Witcher 2 digital copy corrupt save files on XBOne

Hello fox650,

Have you tried redownloading your profile on the Xbox 360 emulator?

~Blitz

SPS-40B1869D-52C4-424D-80A4-BAB160E57F66, Feb 11, 2016
  5. SPS-40B1869D-52C4-42 Win User

Hello fox650,

Have you tried redownloading your profile on the Xbox 360 emulator?

~Blitz
  6. Natetendo83 Win User

Don't be Surprised if Sony Takes a Cut From Used Games Too.

[quote user="Travan"]

but there's no wear and tear on digital files.

[/quote]Digital files can get corrupt, lost, deleted, etc. What happens if I buy a digital copy of something and in 5 years it gets corrupted, but the servers who provide the download are now gone?
  7. MulattoMadness Win User

Sorry, we can't launch this right now. Thanks for your patience. (0x87de2726)

Same isue witcher 3. This should absolutely NOT be an issue for a product that we have all paid for..especially for a digital copy saved to hard drive.
  8. Tc Dreams Win User

Disc Read Issue with On-Demand Game with no disc in drive

It appears that the issue with the disc read error is the fact that the saved game file must have had files that needed to be loaded on the disc version and not the on demand one. You could try borrowing a copy to see if the game will load that way. If that
    doesn't work then unfortunately it sounds like the saved file might be corrupted, but it doesn't sound like it. Sounds more like something dumb where you'd think a saved file from a disc would work on the same game on the digital version but won't.
  9. ElwinRem Win User

Saved game not being detected after gamepass ultimate got expired

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for the response. Those are COD black ops 3 and The witcher 3 wild hunt. I have the physical copy of the COD, and previously tried reinstalling it and it didnt help. The witcher 3 was downloaded and played during my active subscription and uninstalled it once it left the gamepass library, however after a few weeks I decided to purchase it digitally thinking that it will still detect my save file but unfortunately it didnt.
Thema:

1. Witcher 2 digital copy corrupt save files on XBOne - Similar Threads - Witcher digital copy

2. Witcher 3 Save files gone after upgrading to Windows 11

in XBoX on Windows
    Witcher 3 Save files gone after upgrading to Windows 11: I recently decided to update my computer to Windows 11 from 10 since I heard that all the issues it had previously when it first released were patched up. Low and behold, updating completely wiped...
  3. How do I get suspended for clipping a cutscene off Witcher 3

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I get suspended for clipping a cutscene off Witcher 3: Unreal there is no way my case was reviewed thoroughly 45977854-67f9-4cd2-93fc-3dc7c0526bf6
  4. Hello xbox. Iam trying to download the witcher 3 but he tells me something went wrong....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello xbox. Iam trying to download the witcher 3 but he tells me something went wrong....: Hello xbox. Iam trying to download the witcher 3 but he tells me something went wrong. It dosent happen with other game just with the witcher ffc32eaf-3fe0-49a0-a833-adc0f22ba0e2
  5. Why can't I play The witcher 3 on my xbox series S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play The witcher 3 on my xbox series S?: I bought The Witcher 3 complete edition on my Xbox one digitally, I then sold my old Xbox and got a new Series S. It now says that I have to buy The Witcher again on the Microsoft store even...
  6. I bought The Witcher 3: Complete edition on the Xbox store for my Xbox one s and now I've...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought The Witcher 3: Complete edition on the Xbox store for my Xbox one s and now I've...: I'm confused about why it doesn't transfer over from my old Xbox onto my new one. 1ce0d56f-bab4-45ac-afed-f3ebeddef15d
  7. How to install japanese dub on witcher 3?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to install japanese dub on witcher 3?: I have one simple question on the witcher 3 it says that the japanese language is supported but my question is how can i install it beacuse i cant find it on the xbox store and neither on the "my...
  8. The witcher 2 bought from the store is not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The witcher 2 bought from the store is not working: Hello, I owned disc version of the witcher 2 that I don't have anymore. I've decided to buy a digital version of the game from the store and after downloading it I can't play it on my series X,...
  9. The Witcher 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Witcher 2: Hello i have a problem with the witcher 2 Achievements are hidden Although I achieved it 09c5d0e6-1cd8-42bc-9f82-a4016670f90c
  10. How do I install the Chinese (ZH) language pack for the Witcher 3 on Xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I install the Chinese (ZH) language pack for the Witcher 3 on Xbox?: The Witcher 3 Complete Edition on Xbox Series X/S supposedly supports Chinese dubbing and subs, but I can’t find where to get the necessary files. Please help. TIA....