wirless storage device

Discus and support wirless storage device in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there I'm looking at changing my external hard drive for my Xbox one x my question is. Is there any support for wireless hard drive connection with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by walshy5050, Aug 14, 2018.

1. walshy5050
    walshy5050 Guest

wirless storage device

Hi there I'm looking at changing my external hard drive for my Xbox one x my question is.

Is there any support for wireless hard drive connection with the Xbox one x I'm referring to game storage

thanks

:)

walshy5050, Aug 14, 2018
  2. storage device

i have the new xbox 360 and when i try to play burnout paradise it wants you to get the update for online so i download it and when i go to play it it says the update is not on you harddrive please move it to your hardive but i downladed it to my hardrive
    and once this message comes up it frezzes my xbox please help

Warrior 0f Fury, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Tomaszkowicz
    Tomaszkowicz Guest
    Storage Device

I turn the cloud devices on and now whenever i go to storage it wont load its just a white screen, and when I click the guide button it goes in slow motion. Any help?

Tomaszkowicz, Aug 14, 2018
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

wirless storage device

Any xbox accessory has a warranty period of 90 days with MS

For more check with your retailer

M3tal Daz3, Aug 14, 2018
  5. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    no you must use USB connection

Nas is supported for media but not game storage

Alternatively you can use a USB hub for extra slots

ngocphi, Aug 14, 2018
  6. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    If by "wireless hard drive connection" you mean a Network Attached Storage (NAS) via WiFi, then no.

The console (especially the One X with 4K support) has to be able to load huge amounts of game data in short amounts of time, and this made it necessary to make USB 3 compliant hard drives a requirement (and also why you can't run a game directly off the
    BluRay disc, and have to install it on a HDD).

USB 3 is capable of transmitting up to 5Gbit/second in theory. While normal harddrives don't reach that maximum, they still transmit data much faster via USB 3.0 than WiFi in it's latest 802.11AC specification with "only" 0.5Gbit/sec (or as the

Xbox One seem to have a AC MIMO capable chip
    , it's still with 0,8Gbit more than 5 times slower than USB3).

So Microsoft didn't bother to add support for NAS storage.

The only way to get external game storage on your console is by using a USB3.0 compliant hard drive or SSD with at least 256GB of space, and nothing else.

Arminator, Aug 15, 2018
  7. ChiefJoboo
    ChiefJoboo Guest
    If you have a USB3 device that can act like a mass storage device that connects wirelessly to your external hard drive without any drivers or software, that will work, although probably very poorly and slowly, if a device even exists.

If you're talking about a USB device connected to your router that can share items across the network, no the xbox one can't use that for game storage.

The xbox one requires USB3 with at least 256GB in storage and it formats the drive to a proprietary file system that other devices can't read, when you format for game storage.

ChiefJoboo, Nov 3, 2018
  8. M3tal Daz3 Win User

wirless storage device

Any xbox accessory has a warranty period of 90 days with MS

For more check with your retailer
  9. ChiefJoboo Win User

wirless storage device

If you have a USB3 device that can act like a mass storage device that connects wirelessly to your external hard drive without any drivers or software, that will work, although probably very poorly and slowly, if a device even exists.

If you're talking about a USB device connected to your router that can share items across the network, no the xbox one can't use that for game storage.

The xbox one requires USB3 with at least 256GB in storage and it formats the drive to a proprietary file system that other devices can't read, when you format for game storage.
  10. Arminator Win User

wirless storage device

Is there any support for wireless hard drive connection with the Xbox one x I'm referring to game storage
    If by "wireless hard drive connection" you mean a Network Attached Storage (NAS) via WiFi, then no.

The console (especially the One X with 4K support) has to be able to load huge amounts of game data in short amounts of time, and this made it necessary to make USB 3 compliant hard drives a requirement (and also why you can't run a game directly off the
    BluRay disc, and have to install it on a HDD).

USB 3 is capable of transmitting up to 5Gbit/second in theory. While normal harddrives don't reach that maximum, they still transmit data much faster via USB 3.0 than WiFi in it's latest 802.11AC specification with "only" 0.5Gbit/sec (or as the

Xbox One seem to have a AC MIMO capable chip
    , it's still with 0,8Gbit more than 5 times slower than USB3).

So Microsoft didn't bother to add support for NAS storage.

The only way to get external game storage on your console is by using a USB3.0 compliant hard drive or SSD with at least 256GB of space, and nothing else.
  11. ngocphi Win User

wirless storage device

no you must use USB connection

Nas is supported for media but not game storage

Alternatively you can use a USB hub for extra slots
  12. xGeTxNaStYx Win User

Can't download game updates, system updates or Marketplace items!

Are you connecting to xbl over wireless? if so do you use any other wirless devices in the same room? EX turtle beaches or and wireless repeater?
Thema:

wirless storage device

1. wirless storage device - Similar Threads - wirless storage device

2. Frequent Disconnects XBox One Wirless Controller For Windows - 1 foot away with direct line...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Frequent Disconnects XBox One Wirless Controller For Windows - 1 foot away with direct line...: I experience frequent controller disconnects with the following set up: - Xbox Wireless Controller - Xbox One Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery (Full charge) - Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows...
  3. my wirless mouse wont coonect to my xbox series s with usb dongle. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    my wirless mouse wont coonect to my xbox series s with usb dongle. What do i do?: my wirless mouse wont coonect to my xbox series s with usb dongle. What do i do? 76e8cdf4-62ad-445c-b601-011e8731c856
  4. Xbox Wirless Headsez turns off , dont connect anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wirless Headsez turns off , dont connect anymore: Hello My XBoix wirless headset is a ferw month old . It all worked very badly on windows , but i got my mic working even there . SInce today the headset is not even connecting and turning...
  5. My XBox Controller doesn't connect to the XBox (Fat 2013) thru wirless, only cable.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My XBox Controller doesn't connect to the XBox (Fat 2013) thru wirless, only cable.: My XBox Controller doesn't connect to the XBox (Fat 2013) thru wirless, only cable. I've alredy tried to connect the Windows XBox pen to the console USB, make a complete factory reset to the...
  6. Xbox headset wirless

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headset wirless: Hi, I have an issue with my wireless headset on PC Dolby Atmos is not working i tried with the USB-C it works for a while and when I moved to Windows 11 I had the same problem again. So for...
  7. Xboxx wirless controler not rebinding

in XBoX on Windows
    Xboxx wirless controler not rebinding: I have a proble to do with my xbox controler for windows10 that it doesn't rebind, every time I press the xBox button it's starts blinking but when I stop pressing it stops, the controller isn't...
  8. Xbox One Wirless Controller not turning on (except via USB)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Wirless Controller not turning on (except via USB): Hi.. So I've been using the Xbox one wireless controller to play my games on PC (Win10) wirelessly without any issue for a couple of years now. Every time the light starts blinking on the "X"...
  9. Wirless chat only headsets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wirless chat only headsets: Will there ever be a chat only wireless headset. I do not want or need a bulky heavy stereo wireless gaming headset, when I have 7.1 surround sound to hear my game. I am quite tired of buying $8 -...
  10. wirless controller not turn on ont work

in XBoX on Consoles
    wirless controller not turn on ont work: Hi I have a problem with wireless controller The problem is that it stops working and does not work even when you connect it with the xbox to the usb port What the solution is known as original...