Wireless Xbox Controllers regularly disconnecting from PC adapter

Discus and support Wireless Xbox Controllers regularly disconnecting from PC adapter in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have two Xbox wireless controllers (Model 1697 and 1914) connecting to my Xbox controller wireless adapter (Model 1790) and they both regularly... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Thomas Boone1, Aug 10, 2023.

1. Wireless Xbox Controllers regularly disconnecting from PC adapter

I have two Xbox wireless controllers (Model 1697 and 1914) connecting to my Xbox controller wireless adapter (Model 1790) and they both regularly disconnect during gameplay. Both controllers work fine when connected with a cable, but they will disconnect and begin their blink cycle for about 20 seconds when in use. I've updated the firmware on all three items already and am running Windows 10.

:)

Thomas Boone1, Aug 10, 2023
  2. Thomas Boone1 Win User

I'm thinking it might be the adapter itself, as I already updated the firmware on the controllers. Both controllers just disconnected at the same time. The adapter is plugged into the extension cable and sitting about 8 feet directly in front of where I have the controllers pointing.
  3. Thomas Boone1 Win User

You mean I should just buy a new adapter?
  4. Nilay Bhattacharjee Win User

Yes you are right. It may be the reason for disconnection. I'd recommend you changing the adapter and check if the issue is there.

Good Luck
    Regards
  5. Nilay Bhattacharjee Win User

Yes please try replacing the old adapter with one.

Regards
  6. Nilay Bhattacharjee Win User

Hello Thomas B,

I'm Nilay and I'll be glad to answer your query today.

Please try doing the below steps:

Device Manager > Human Interface Devices > Bluetooth LE Xinput compatible input device
    Right click for Properties > Power Management, uncheck Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power

The controller is in need of a firmware update, to do that via the PC download the "Xbox Accessories" app from the Microsoft Store, wire-up your controller (update via bluetooth is NOT supported) and you should get the option to update the firmware. This should fix the problem.

Good Luck
    Regards
Thema:

1. Wireless Xbox Controllers regularly disconnecting from PC adapter - Similar Threads - Wireless Controllers regularly

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  4. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  5. xbox wireless controller problem

in XboX Insiders
    xbox wireless controller problem: my xbox wireless controller cant disconnect on my pc. ive been having this issue for like 2 months on my pc now. the surprising thing is that when i try to connect the controller on my laptop, it...
  6. Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue: Hello everyone, I have an issue about warranty replacement. I sent my controller for repair / service on 26.04.24 but due to stock issues Microsoft send new one from Germany to Turkey to my...
  7. my controller is connecting to the Xbox wireless adaptor, but is not being registered on my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller is connecting to the Xbox wireless adaptor, but is not being registered on my pc: Hello. I have juts had this issue where my controller juts randomly disconnected from my pc. it's still pairing with the wireless adaptor i have put i just doesn't work with any games or is not...
  8. cant connect wireless rockband 4 xbox one controller to pc

in XBoX on Windows
    cant connect wireless rockband 4 xbox one controller to pc: bought a wireless jaguar xbox one, rockband 4 guitar. im trying to use it for fortnite but it wont connect to my pc. ive updated the driver on the guitar so it can work but it doesnt. i bought a...
  9. My Xbox wireless controller won’t connect to my Xbox at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless controller won’t connect to my Xbox at all: I have fully charged batteries and have hard reset my controller and Xbox I also tried it with a different Xbox and it did not work a8ec90cf-7511-4aaf-a7c3-ad48c8068c18
  10. Why is my new regular wireless controller causing my game to slightly lag when my wired...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my new regular wireless controller causing my game to slightly lag when my wired...: I just bought a new standard wireless controller and it’s causing my game to lag in certain areas/points. I mainly use a wired elite controller and I never have issues with it. I was hoping to...