Wireless, Open NAT, UPNP enabled, ports forwarded, no double NAT, STILL CANT CONNECT TO XBL!

Discus and support Wireless, Open NAT, UPNP enabled, ports forwarded, no double NAT, STILL CANT CONNECT TO XBL! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm so unbelievably annoyed with XBL and this awful connection issue I'm having. I have gone through the entire post located here:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by spreediz, Jan 25, 2015.

1. spreediz
    spreediz Guest

Wireless, Open NAT, UPNP enabled, ports forwarded, no double NAT, STILL CANT CONNECT TO XBL!

I'm so unbelievably annoyed with XBL and this awful connection issue I'm having. I have gone through the entire post located here: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/..._support/f/9/p/1625236/4199656.aspx#ARMnoIdea to try and fix my problem
    and not a single thing has worked.

So I recently obtained a new router, an ****/Xfinity TG862G Router which works GREAT for everything else in my *** house EXCEPT this stupid xbox one. I have done the following:

Ports Forwarded:

88 - UDP

3074 - TCP/UDP

53 - TCP/UDP

80 - TCP

500 - UDP

3544 - UDP

4500- UDP

All of these are active and going to the Server IPv4 of the Xbox one,

I have checked for a double NAT, cannot find one.

In my actual Xbox it says the NAT is OPEN, yet I still CANNOT connect to xbox live in any fashion.

I tried using the DMZ function on my router, it did nothing.

UPNP is enabled, yet I still cannot connect to xbox live.

I am so unbelievably annoyed at this moment I can't believe this crap is happening. I get the error code "0x87DD0017" when I try to sign in which is supposed to signal an issue with the network.

Can someone PLEASE help me before I throw this [Mod Removed] thing away and buy a PS4.

:)

spreediz, Jan 25, 2015
  2. MarkyPancake
    MarkyPancake Guest
    Port forwarding question

I have discovered why my X1 reports a Strict or Moderate NAT sometimes and it's after one of the 360s uses one of the ports the X1 needs. As soon as a Live port is used for a 360 via UPnP, 3074 for example, the X1 drops to Strict.

This is exactly the reason why I use UPnP, because if 360 1 is using 3074, UPnP will map 360 2 to a different port number that grants the same access as 3074 allowing both to communicate with the Live service at the same time, thus granting an Open NAT to all connected 360s. The X1 is not triggering port forwarding via UPnP to utilise this feature, so is the device that suffers when a 360 is in use.

The PS3 used to have a UPnP enable/disable option on the console itself, which I thought was odd, but perhaps if the 360 had this, enabling it would tell the console to use UPnP, which once it uses UPnP to trigger the ports I'm sure it will resolve the multiple device issue.

For reference:

• When I have an Open NAT, the X1's Detailed NAT Information says: Your network is behind a cone NAT
    • When I have a Moderate NAT, the X1's Detailed NAT Information says: Your network is behind a port-restricted NAT
    • When I have a Strict NAT, the X1's Detailed NAT Information says: Your network is behind a port-preserving port-symmetric NAT

MarkyPancake, Jan 25, 2015
  3. tessai
    tessai Guest
    Xbox live connection keeps dropping

Holy what happened to my post?! half of it disappeared when posted that's nice... attempt 2

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? wired

Things you have tried: all the suggested things from the "Start Here" thread

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown No, UPnP is a horrible tool, it Took me ages to get my XBL to have an OPEN NAT-type with the culprit in the end being UPnP. No UPnP with the correct ports forwarded resulted in a perfect connection to XBL

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? NAT type: OPEN ( see above)

Any Error Codes you encounter: just the standard error messages when XBL drops and you can't reconnect

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? ZIGGO

tessai, Jan 25, 2015
  4. spreediz
    spreediz Guest

I would also like to add that if I hard wire it, it works just fine. But that isn't a real option.

spreediz, Jan 25, 2015
  5. so it's a wireless problem.

I read somewhere that port Forward sometimes give you trouble on wireless. The only port you should forward is 3074 udp (game port of xbox). Then try again.

If this doesn't help maybe you should try to turn off WMM if your router supports it. If this also doesn't help you can try to factory reset your xbox.

If you run the multiplayer network test on xbox what error Message do you get? Do you run the latest Firmware for your router?

Xx ROZILLA xX, Jan 27, 2015
  6. Why does turning off the WMM work for the xbox one? don't you need that enabled for streaming video and faster gaming connections?

IgotTSondabrain, Jan 27, 2015
  7. Get a different modem, I have seen this error on TiVo,'s with the same modem. It's a good modem, but there are built in firewalls you cannot disable.

CorranHalcyon78, Jan 27, 2015
  8. Wireless, Open NAT, UPNP enabled, ports forwarded, no double NAT, STILL CANT CONNECT TO XBL!

come on, explain to me why disabling the wmm works?

IgotTSondabrain, Jan 27, 2015
  9. That's odd, but seriously, comcast older gatewAys blocked certain ports, and unless you have a tier 3 password for getting into the GUI, the thing has them firewalled. As for the wmm,I have no clue. If it is similar to the gaming application you can enable
    in Cisco routers then this makes sense in an opposite sort of way.

CorranHalcyon78, Jan 28, 2015
  10. @IgoTSondabrain.

don't know why it works - it seems the way it is implemented in some routers causes more problems then helps. Most times apple devices get problems if WMM is enabled. If you google there are many people with Problems with WMM enabled.

But you are right the WLAN is slower if WMM is disabled. But if you have Problems you should try to turn off WMM.

Xx ROZILLA xX, Oct 31, 2018
  11. IgotTSondabrain Win User

Why does turning off the WMM work for the xbox one? don't you need that enabled for streaming video and faster gaming connections?
  12. Xx ROZILLA xX Win User

@IgoTSondabrain.

don't know why it works - it seems the way it is implemented in some routers causes more problems then helps. Most times apple devices get problems if WMM is enabled. If you google there are many people with Problems with WMM enabled.

But you are right the WLAN is slower if WMM is disabled. But if you have Problems you should try to turn off WMM.
  13. Xx ROZILLA xX Win User

so it's a wireless problem.

I read somewhere that port Forward sometimes give you trouble on wireless. The only port you should forward is 3074 udp (game port of xbox). Then try again.

If this doesn't help maybe you should try to turn off WMM if your router supports it. If this also doesn't help you can try to factory reset your xbox.

If you run the multiplayer network test on xbox what error Message do you get? Do you run the latest Firmware for your router?
  14. CorranHalcyon78 Win User

That's odd, but seriously, comcast older gatewAys blocked certain ports, and unless you have a tier 3 password for getting into the GUI, the thing has them firewalled. As for the wmm,I have no clue. If it is similar to the gaming application you can enable
    in Cisco routers then this makes sense in an opposite sort of way.
  15. IgotTSondabrain Win User

come on, explain to me why disabling the wmm works?
Thema:

1. Wireless, Open NAT, UPNP enabled, ports forwarded, no double NAT, STILL CANT CONNECT TO XBL! - Similar Threads - Wireless Open NAT

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Xbox Wireless Controller Warranty Expired Already Before Opening?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller Warranty Expired Already Before Opening?: I purchased a new, unopened Xbox Wireless Controller May 18 off of eBay, and when I received the package it was still sealed. However, when I opened the box and registered the controller with my...
  4. Netgear: Can't connect to wireless router or open network settings on Xbox to connect.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Netgear: Can't connect to wireless router or open network settings on Xbox to connect.: Netgear (Modems/Gateways): Can't connect to wireless router or open network settings on Xbox to connect. Also take a look at this one if the first link does not help: Xbox Live Wireless Network...
  5. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Can't open it on my TV

Wireless Gaming Adapters: Can't open it on my TV: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Can't open it on my TV Check this link on first set up: https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-360/console/connect-xbox-360-console-tv and this on issues with your TV set:...
  6. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Error when inviting friends to game, NAT type classed as open

Wireless Gaming Adapters: Error when inviting friends to game, NAT type classed as open: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Error when inviting friends to game, NAT type classed as open Hello Please help! I have been having issues inviting my friends to games or joining there’s. My NAT is...
  7. My NAT type is strict when using a wired connection, and Open when using a wireless connection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type is strict when using a wired connection, and Open when using a wireless connection.: As the title says, whenever I am using a Wireless connection, my Xbox One's NAT type is strict; when i try to use a wired connection (to improve my Twitch Streaming and such) it switches to a...
  8. How to set up two OPEN NAT's on the same wireless network. (Xbox Ones)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to set up two OPEN NAT's on the same wireless network. (Xbox Ones): Hey guys, My roommate and I have had Xbox One's since late 2013 and have always had issues joining the same lobbies, games, etc. Well, now that MKX has dropped he and I have been playing...
  9. Changing NAT settings to open using a DSL modem in conjunction with a NETGEAR wireless router.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing NAT settings to open using a DSL modem in conjunction with a NETGEAR wireless router.: I am running a ZYXEL DSL modem connected to a NETGEAR WNDR3400 Router. I spent an entire day trying to configure this setup to an open NAT. It turned out to be easier than I could have...
  10. Connected to my wireless WiFi but anytime I try to open anything it says no internet ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connected to my wireless WiFi but anytime I try to open anything it says no internet ...: Since I've owned my Xbox One I've had no internet connection issues. It connected straight to my Wifi last time and worked ever since. Well yesterday I had to get a new router. Now when I connect...