Wireless Network Password Not Saving

Discus and support Wireless Network Password Not Saving in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to save the password for a wifi connection? Anytime the connection is dropped I have to reenter the password to reconnect to wifi,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by M6453, Feb 1, 2014.

1. M6453
    M6453 Guest

Does anyone know how to save the password for a wifi connection? Anytime the connection is dropped I have to reenter the password to reconnect to wifi, even though it's the only connection my Xbox One has ever used...

This is pretty annoying since I refuse to download the 13GB patch for Dead Rising 3 (I don't play co-op, and my internet usage cap would kill me), and need to sign out in order to actually play the game. Any help appreciated.

:)

M6453, Feb 1, 2014
  2. HotBacon
    HotBacon Guest
    Saving/changing wireless network password

I recently upgraded my wireless router, and tried to keep the network name and password the same. Previously, when I turned my console on, I would automatically be signed in to XBL. Now when I turn the console on, my network settings say I am connected
    to the proper network but I can't log in to Xbox Live. If I disconnect and reconnect from the network, then enter my password at the prompt, everything works as usual. I'm assuming I have the wrong password saved in the console, or no password saved at all.

How do I go about changing this saved password? I don't see an option in the network settings screen. (FYI - my old router used WEP security and my new router uses WPA2 security).

HotBacon, Feb 1, 2014
  3. Miss Portia
    Miss Portia Guest
    Saving/changing wireless network password

Hi there! You should be able to fix this by restoring the factory networking settings on your console. To do so:

1. Unplug the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter from the USB port if you are using one.
    2. Go to My Xbox, and then select System Settings.
    3. Select Network Settings.
    4. Select your wireless network name, if you are prompted to do so.
    5. Select Configure Network.
    6. On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults. When you are prompted, select Yes, restore factory defaults.

Note This resets ONLY the network settings and not other console settings.
    7. Turn off your console.
    8. If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter, plug it back into the USB port.
    9. Turn on your console.

For more information, please refer to Solution 2 of the following link:
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/troubleshoot/kb/error-cant-connect-wireless-network-978945

Miss Portia, Feb 1, 2014
  4. Wireless Network Password Not Saving

You can't . Once you disconnect you need enter the password again.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-settings

IngameInstincts, Feb 2, 2014
  5. XBR Poseidon
    XBR Poseidon Guest
    It sounds like we need to get to the root cause for your wireless disconnects. Wireless does have its limitations.

How far is the router from the console and how many objects are in the way? What Make and Model of router do you have? Do you use a wireless headset? Some headsets actually use the same frequency as home networks.

XBR Poseidon, Feb 3, 2014
  6. M6453
    M6453 Guest
    Connecting to the router isn't the main problem; just a matter of not wanting to plug in the wifi password every single time I have to disconnect to play Dead Rising 3. As I recall the 360 saved the password and I was hoping for the same kind of thing. Of
    course, on the 360 I didn't have to disconnect to avoid 13 GB "updates"...

Would be nice in future updates to be able to select a "home" network, since I do not plan on moving the console from location to location.

M6453, Feb 8, 2014
  7. tharok2
    tharok2 Guest
    I really hate the way Xbox one manages wifi connections. I take my xbox on the road with me and I hate having to re enter my wifi passwords everytime I switch between my mobile hotspot and my home network.

tharok2, Sep 18, 2014
  8. Wireless Network Password Not Saving

Hey, THAROK2! This thread is a little old. If you would like assistance with a support issue, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've already done. This way we can get you the individual support that works
    best on the forums! Wireless Network Password Not Saving :)

Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
  9. IngameInstincts Win User

You can't . Once you disconnect you need enter the password again.

Xbox One doesn’t save old device information, allowing you to completely wipe out old settings and start new each time. This saves you from accidental manual entries that could cause issues on a new network.
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-settings
  10. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey, THAROK2! This thread is a little old. If you would like assistance with a support issue, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've already done. This way we can get you the individual support that works
    best on the forums! :)
  11. M6453 Win User

Connecting to the router isn't the main problem; just a matter of not wanting to plug in the wifi password every single time I have to disconnect to play Dead Rising 3. As I recall the 360 saved the password and I was hoping for the same kind of thing. Of
    course, on the 360 I didn't have to disconnect to avoid 13 GB "updates"...

Would be nice in future updates to be able to select a "home" network, since I do not plan on moving the console from location to location.
  12. tharok2 Win User

I really hate the way Xbox one manages wifi connections. I take my xbox on the road with me and I hate having to re enter my wifi passwords everytime I switch between my mobile hotspot and my home network.
  13. XBR Poseidon Win User

It sounds like we need to get to the root cause for your wireless disconnects. Wireless does have its limitations.

How far is the router from the console and how many objects are in the way? What Make and Model of router do you have? Do you use a wireless headset? Some headsets actually use the same frequency as home networks.
Thema:

1. Wireless Network Password Not Saving - Similar Threads - Wireless Network Password

2. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  3. Every time I turn on my series x it disconnects from my wireless network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I turn on my series x it disconnects from my wireless network: I can eventually get it to sometimes connect after typing in the correct password and attempting to connect numerous times. The signal strength of my wireless network shows up as 4 bars when...
  4. not able to connect to my wireless network

in XBoX on Consoles
    not able to connect to my wireless network: i want to connect to my wireless network but when i click on ‘set up wireless network’ none of the available connections show up help c85f6820-475c-4935-8fcb-a995801b74b7
  5. My Xbox One S wont connect to mobile hotspot and my home network wireless

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S wont connect to mobile hotspot and my home network wireless: Hello So My Xbox One S wont connect to Mobile Hotspot or my home network at all, this happened 20 mins ago right now, I am not sure whats wrong, i restarted home network, mobile hotspot, restarted...
  6. VirginMedia Superhub 2: Can not put password in for wireless network

in XboX Networking Hardware
    VirginMedia Superhub 2: Can not put password in for wireless network: VirginMedia (Modems/Gateways) Superhub 2: Can not put password in for wireless network Hi there, please try the manual power cycle steps like mentioned on the following link, be sure to wait at...
  7. when i enter the password for my wireless network it says its wrong but i know its right.

in XBoX on Consoles
    when i enter the password for my wireless network it says its wrong but i know its right.: Have had the Xbox one for nearly a year with no issues. When switching it in it always asks me to sign in with password. Suddenly last week for no apparent reason it started by asking me to...
  8. Xbox One doesn't prompt for password for wireless network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One doesn't prompt for password for wireless network: For about the past month, my Xbox One won't connect to my wireless network. I've had no issue with it at all in the prior 7 months that I've had my Xbox One. My SSID broadcast is disabled, so I...
  9. Cant connect to wireless network as password is not recognised

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to wireless network as password is not recognised: Hi, my sons Xbox OneS has disconnected itself from our network and when i try to rejoin it says 'cannot connect and to uplug router for 30 seconds' this doesn't work and then it says the problem...
  10. Xbox one cannot connect to wireless network with correct password.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one cannot connect to wireless network with correct password.: Hello, For the last few days I have been having a problem with my brand new Xbox one. I have only had it for about 14 days. The problem is while I play Destiny for a few hours my Xbox will...