Wireless headset not working- no sound from his COD game nor can anyone hear him talking??

Discus and support Wireless headset not working- no sound from his COD game nor can anyone hear him talking?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son recently got a wireless headset for Christmas (use to have a wired headset). The first headset we took back to the store because we thought it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aishypoo2428, Jan 5, 2024.

1. Aishypoo2428
    Aishypoo2428 Guest

Wireless headset not working- no sound from his COD game nor can anyone hear him talking??

My son recently got a wireless headset for Christmas (use to have a wired headset). The first headset we took back to the store because we thought it was the headset. But now that the second headset is also not working, it makes me think that there is something wrong with his settings. Therefore my son and husband went through the settings but can't find anything out of the ordinary turned off or wrong. Does any one have any clue what might be going on with his xbox series x ?

:)

Aishypoo2428, Jan 5, 2024
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Aishypoo2428, My name is oskayra and it will be a pleasure to help you.

I tell you in advance so that there are no misunderstandings, this is a public forum for user-to-user support. We are users who help other users. We do not work for Microsoft and do not have access to any user accounts.

Based on the information you've provided me, there are several possibilities for what could be happening with your child's Xbox Series X.

One possibility is that there is a problem with the console itself. This is possible, but it is less likely that two different wireless headphones will have a problem at the same time.

Another possibility is that there is a problem with the console configuration. You said your son and husband checked the settings, but there may be something they missed. For example, the console's Bluetooth settings may be disabled.

A third possibility is that there is a problem with the wireless connection in your home. There may be interference from other electronic devices that is interfering with the wireless headphones signal.

Here are some steps you can try to fix the problem:

Restart the Xbox Series X. This may fix temporary issues with the console.
    Check the Bluetooth settings on your Xbox Series
    Try connecting the wireless headphones to another device, such as a phone or tablet. If the headset works with another device, then the problem is probably with the Xbox Series X.
    Check the wireless connection in your home. Try moving the Xbox Series X to a different location in your house and see if that resolves the issue.
    If you have tried all of these steps and the problem persists, then you may need to contact Microsoft customer support for help.

Here are some additional tips you can try:

Try updating the firmware of your wireless headphones. Wireless headphones usually have an app that you can use to update the firmware.
    Try using an auxiliary cable to connect the headset to the Xbox Series X. This will allow you to check if the problem is with the headset or the console.
    I hope this helps you solve the problem.

Source of information:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardw...est,device of connections Bluetooth available .

This information may be in another language so you will have to change it yourself, I hope you understand.

I hope this is helpful to you.

kind regards,
    Oskayra.
  3. biker2006JK Win User

Xbox Mic

Hi Diego,

Thanks for responding, yes can hear other people but they cant hear me.

With the wireless headset i have connected it to my sons account and it works with sound but cant talk on it.

Wired headset same as above

when starting a party it shows a headset present but the the circle around your gamertag when talking don't light up as it should when you speak.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Chatmixer greyed out on xbox series x when using Xbox Wireless Headset.

Hi Willem! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

Just to confirm, can you hear game sounds or system sounds through your wireless headset?

By the way, there's a complete guide from the link below on how to troubleshoot your wireless headset. Please let me know if one of the solutions work for you.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  5. Unreal Warfare Win User

What do you use as a mic in game?

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

I guess you didn't realise I was suggesting he use the in-box headset on his head instead of hooking it round his neck to use the mic while he uses the other headset.

[/quote]

So your suggestion is to wear his Xbox One headset at the same time as wearing his Polk headset? Or to just remove the Polk headset from the equation altogether?

Because either will not work for him, as he has already quite clearly stated.

Azrael, the solution you provide is a lackluster solution.
    Here, I will break things down for you.

I have to play with a headset for sound as I have an 8 month old in the house and loud game sounds are unacceptable. So I use my headset, which happens to be a Polk Audio Melee.
    Using speakers is not an option he wants to pursue for in-game audio. This is quite clearly stated here.

That said, Kinect does not work for in game chat with COD ghosts. I know it works for some other games, but even if I default set kinect to be the mic, it does not recognize it.
    He cannot use Kinect for voice chat while using his headset because, due to some fault, it does not work for him.

If I plug the official mic for xbox one in, the sound from others talking is transferred to that headset and I can't hear the team anymore, so leaving the mic around my neck to talk is a no go.
    Plugging in his Xbox One mic cuts of chat from his Polk headset. Meaning he would need a cup on one ear from the Polk headset for in-game audio, and a cup on the other ear for in-game chat from the Xbox One mic. I don't think it needs explaining why this isn't
    going to work for him.

Thanks for your tireless efforts in trying to protect the internet.
    You're very much welcome.
  6. cliomjh Win User

Headset problems on fortnite.

Hi there, from what i get is hes friends cant hear him as they say his mic is broken, yet i can hear myself in the headset speakers.

No fault with connecting with a party as he can play with hes mates on screen in the same game.

trying to talk via Fortnite.
Thema:

1. Wireless headset not working- no sound from his COD game nor can anyone hear him talking?? - Similar Threads - Wireless headset working

2. Xbox Wireless headset is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless headset is not working: My Xbox Wireless headset will not connect to my Xbox when plugged in to many different outlets and cables, or even turn on if unplugged. I have tried all of the troubleshooting options and have...
  3. New Xbox wireless headset does not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox wireless headset does not work: My new Xbox wireless headset was working fine for an week and now it does not turn on. I have tried the reset method and it still doesn’t work. When I plug it to my console the white light cycle...
  4. Pdp xbox wireless headset audio and microphone not working

in XboX Insiders
    Pdp xbox wireless headset audio and microphone not working: My Pdp headset isn’t working i’ve connected it to a pc and it works fine but when i plug the dongle into my xbox nothing comes out other then when i turn off my xbox i hear a static noise...
  5. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  6. Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party: Okay, just as the title suggests, my headset's microphone for my xbox (using a series X) only works when I join a party. When I create a party and I invite others, the only way for my microphone...
  7. How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?: Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 doesn't seem to work with wired headphones when on BT. Works fine when on USB.. how to make it work? I bought 2 of these expecting to use them with...
  8. why is my hyperx cloud stinger wireless headset not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is my hyperx cloud stinger wireless headset not working: I have a hyperx cloud stinger wireless headset, it’s not a usb one but for some reason the audio will go out for a few seconds and reconnect. it’s fully charged and it keeps doing it....
  9. Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.: Hi, I have a problem with the xbox wireless headset. I can properly hear sound from the game and chat too but if i try to mix these channel (with the left wheel of the headset) it remains the...
  10. Need help with my Xbox Wireless Headset not working properly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with my Xbox Wireless Headset not working properly.: My xbox wireless headset connects to my pc (windows 11), but doesnt play any sound and the mic is not recognised either. My headset is up to date on updates and so is my windows. Other wireless...