Wireless headset keeps turning on Xbox

Discus and support Wireless headset keeps turning on Xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Microsoft, its over 2 years and you still did nothing regarding giving us an option to disable turning on the console by turning on the headset. It's... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Luke88Gw, Nov 9, 2023.

1. Luke88Gw
    Luke88Gw Guest

Microsoft, its over 2 years and you still did nothing regarding giving us an option to disable turning on the console by turning on the headset.

It's very annoying. I use it on PC and Xbox. I read dozens topics about it. Please stop ignoring it. You forced me to unplug my console because I dont want to console keep turning on when I dont want. You gave people eco mode to safe energy and safe console's hardware but then you designed headset to automatically turn on the console even if your customers dont want it.

I want someone from Microsoft Xbox team (not "adviser" - I have nothing against you guys but you just advice not solve software gaps) to tell me if you are going to solve the annoying issue.

:)

Luke88Gw, Nov 9, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist you today.

The Xbox Wireless Headset is designed to turn on your Xbox console automatically when you turn on the headset. This feature is intended to provide a seamless gaming experience for users. However, if you find this feature annoying, you can try the following steps to disable it:
    1. Press and hold the power button on the headset for 10 seconds to reset the headset.
    2. Connect the headset to your console using the USB cable.
    3. Turn on your console manually using the Xbox button on the console.
    4. Once the console is turned on, disconnect the USB cable from the headset.

This should disable the automatic turn-on feature of the headset.

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Luke88Gw, I am an independent advisor and I would be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

Really the only thing you can do and what is recommended is that you
    continue insisting with the Xbox team, explaining the situation in detail
    since they are the only ones who can help you because they do have access to
    the accounts and can see what possibly happened. . This forum is really not the
    most appropriate medium to discuss your topic, especially since we as players do
    do not have the tools to help you as it is a sensitive privacy and security issue.

Below I will leave you the link so you can contact Xbox technical support:
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Note: Remember that Xbox chat is open Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. m. to 9:00 p.m. m.
  4. Luke88Gw Win User

Its not an issue that happened to me but something that is missing in Xbox software. I'm not asking for an advice. I call MS to finally do something with it. Its absolutely annoying and consumer unfriendly. I read advices like to turn on the headset far away from the console. Seriously? I want to have full control over turning on my stuff.
  5. KALEEF Win User

anyone help me my wireless headset is stuck on port 2 and wont sync to port 1

Turn off and disconnect all controllers from the Xbox 360 and disconnect the wireless headsets from the controllers.

Connect the wireless headset to the Xbox 360 using the USB cable. Turn on the wireless headset.

Sync the headset to quadrant 1 by pressing the "Connect" button on the on the Xbox 360. Then press the "Connect" button on the wireless headset for two seconds. Do not continue to press the "Connect" button on the wireless headset, as this will change the
    quadrant to which it is connected. If the headset now works without the controllers attached, the problem must be with one of your controllers. If the headset still does not work, then the problem is with the headset.
  6. Pat Moore1 Win User

Xbox wireless headset keeps turning off

Also just updated my pc in case and still no joy. Comes up in device manager as Xbox peripheral but says it’s all up to date. Having no joy and just want to use them
Thema:

1. Wireless headset keeps turning on Xbox - Similar Threads - Wireless headset keeps

2. Xbox Wireless Headset keeps disconnecting. What's the newest firmware?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset keeps disconnecting. What's the newest firmware?: I have bought a used xbox wireless adapter (official) for my pc so that I can connect my Xbox wireless headset to it. Somehow it starts loosing connection while playing and then reconnects...
  3. Why is my xbox and wireless headset keep getting disconnected??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox and wireless headset keep getting disconnected??: When I jumped on my xbox series s today after work, I've noticed that when I press the Xbox button my controller and headset but just disconnect for a bit and then reconnect, anyone else having...
  4. My Xbox wireless headset keeps saying I’m fully in game chat when in a party

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless headset keeps saying I’m fully in game chat when in a party: I have tried updating it, plugging in to Xbox, plugging into controller, and everyday it’ll randomly start bugging out saying I need to change my party chat mixer. Any ideas would help or should I...
  5. Wireless headset and controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset and controller keeps disconnecting: I’ve had these controllers and Xbox for three years and nothing like this has ever happened. I use the controllers that came with the xbox and use a new Razer Kaira wireless headset. They all...
  6. Wireless Headset and Controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Headset and Controller keep disconnecting: My headset and controllers keep disconnecting but staying on. I have the controllers that came with my xbox one x and a turtle beach stealth 700 wireless. Have used the same headset for almost 2...
  7. Series S wireless headset and controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S wireless headset and controller keep disconnecting: So about 4 months ago I purchased a new xbox series S and it worked fine then a few months ago my controller started disconnecting and now my headset and controller disconnect every couple of...
  8. Why does my wireless headset audio keep fading in and out randomly at times?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my wireless headset audio keep fading in and out randomly at times?: Basically my headset will just start fading in and out with audio sometimes when I pull up the Xbox Guide or I capture a screenshot/recording. The only way to fix it is by restarting my entire...
  9. After using my Xbox for a while, my wireless controller and wireless headset keep...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After using my Xbox for a while, my wireless controller and wireless headset keep...: After using my Xbox for a while, my wireless devices are disconnecting frequently for about 10 seconds at a time. Why is this happening? af683386-78e4-4294-9095-ee0558b10848
  10. Xbox one wireless headset and controller keep cutting in and out.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one wireless headset and controller keep cutting in and out.: I had an xbox one S console that I had no issues with for a few years. Then last year my wireless headset and wireless controller began having issues. First it was the headset. It would cut out...