Wireless headset doesn't play game sounds... feature or bug?

Discus and support Wireless headset doesn't play game sounds... feature or bug? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I'm really annoyed at repetitive game sounds coming from my kid's Xbox 360 and the TV and decided I'd get him a wireless headset so that I can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fernando Noguchi, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Wireless headset doesn't play game sounds... feature or bug?

So, I'm really annoyed at repetitive game sounds coming from my kid's Xbox 360 and the TV and decided I'd get him a wireless headset so that I can silence the TV. To my surprise, it seems to only be useful for chatting but not for playing the rest of the
    game sounds.

Is my (new) understanding correct or should I expect the headset to fully play the sounds?

Thanks for any replies!

Fernando

:)

Fernando Noguchi, Oct 11, 2014
  2. vikingland1
    vikingland1 Guest
    New Controller - 3.5mm Jack Question

I have the headset adapter and it works perfect with my sony gold wireless headset. I can adust them to either chat and no game sound or half game and chat or all game sound.

But I'm guessing that the new controller with the 3.5 jack would have the same features as the adapter.

vikingland1, Oct 11, 2014
  3. Dirasyaj X
    Dirasyaj X Guest
    Dirasyaj X, Oct 11, 2014
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

If it's the microsoft headset that hooks over one ear then that is used for voice chat only.

What you need are a set of gaming headphones,most dedicated game shops sell them & places like Amazon sell them as well.

Don't use them myself but Trittons are meant to be really good.

You could just by a normal set of audio headphones & plug them into the tv if your kid's don't talk to people online.

Daft Badger, Oct 11, 2014
  5. Ultain
    Ultain Guest
    If the console is set up to work with a wireless headset but it isn't working correctly, it may be that the headset is flawed. You may want to contact the headset's manufacturer, or if you share what kind of headset it is someone may know more about what's
    wrong.

Ultain, Oct 14, 2014
  6. The microphone you purchase may not have the feature that allows you to hear the game inside of them. If you'd like to purchase a gaming headset please go to your local game store or search online for one. Some mics such as wireless ones and the one that
    comes shipped with the Xbox do not have that feature. Try researching a gaming headset brand known as Turtle Beach. They can help you with your problem.

ThatWindowsDev, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Daft Badger Win User

If it's the microsoft headset that hooks over one ear then that is used for voice chat only.

What you need are a set of gaming headphones,most dedicated game shops sell them & places like Amazon sell them as well.

Don't use them myself but Trittons are meant to be really good.

You could just by a normal set of audio headphones & plug them into the tv if your kid's don't talk to people online.
  8. ThatWindowsDev Win User

The microphone you purchase may not have the feature that allows you to hear the game inside of them. If you'd like to purchase a gaming headset please go to your local game store or search online for one. Some mics such as wireless ones and the one that
    comes shipped with the Xbox do not have that feature. Try researching a gaming headset brand known as Turtle Beach. They can help you with your problem.
  9. Ultain Win User

If the console is set up to work with a wireless headset but it isn't working correctly, it may be that the headset is flawed. You may want to contact the headset's manufacturer, or if you share what kind of headset it is someone may know more about what's
    wrong.
  10. Dirasyaj X Win User

Tritton Warhead™ 7.1 Wireless Surround Headset x 2

11. vikingland1 Win User

New Controller - 3.5mm Jack Question

I have the headset adapter and it works perfect with my sony gold wireless headset. I can adust them to either chat and no game sound or half game and chat or all game sound.

But I'm guessing that the new controller with the 3.5 jack would have the same features as the adapter.
Thema:

1. Wireless headset doesn't play game sounds... feature or bug? - Similar Threads - Wireless headset doesn't

2. Xbox Wireless headset is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless headset is not working: My Xbox Wireless headset will not connect to my Xbox when plugged in to many different outlets and cables, or even turn on if unplugged. I have tried all of the troubleshooting options and have...
  3. My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.: I have used an Xbox wireless headset for a while now on my Xbox series X. I now have bought a PC and am trying to use my headset on it. Every time I connect it no audio comes through and shortly...
  4. No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call: Ive just bought an Xbox wireless headset. Ive connected it to my Windows 10 PC via bluetooth. Game audio was fine and I was impressed with them. However, I tried to play a multiplayer game and...
  5. Intermittent Voice Quality Issue with Galaxy A54 and Xbox Wireless Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Intermittent Voice Quality Issue with Galaxy A54 and Xbox Wireless Headset: Hello everyone, I'm turning to this community for assistance with a voice quality issue that's been plaguing me. I have my Samsung Galaxy A54 and Xbox Series X connected to my Xbox wireless...
  6. Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset: Hello, i bought a new xbox one controller today for my Windows PC. But when i use it wireless the audio doesn't recognize the xbox, so the headset doesn't get recognized. When i connect it with...
  7. Windows Volume Doesn't Affect Xbox Wireless Headset Volume

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows Volume Doesn't Affect Xbox Wireless Headset Volume: I'm on a Windows 11 PC and I've connected an Xbox Wireless Headset using the Xbox Wireless Adapter and cable. There is a volume slider on the headset itself that works fine, but the headset is...
  8. My wireless headset doesn't allow me to use the chat mixer dial when my head is tilted a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wireless headset doesn't allow me to use the chat mixer dial when my head is tilted a...: When using the headset, it works fine with no issue I tilt my head to the left slightly and it chat mixer just goes completely to the game audio side and mutes the party, this is a new issue for...
  9. Xbox Wireless Headset doesn't show up in the accessories app and has 2 audio devices. On my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset doesn't show up in the accessories app and has 2 audio devices. On my...: The title pretty much says it, it doesn't show up in the app, unless i plug it in via usb-c cable. It does connect though, but it has 2 audio devices, one has awful audio, and the other one is ok....
  10. Wireless controller doesn't work with wired headset, but still passes sound tests

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless controller doesn't work with wired headset, but still passes sound tests: Perhaps someone can help me with an inexplicable audio problem I've been having. Today, I went and bought a new wireless Xbox One controller; from Microsoft, not aftermarket or anything. I then...