Wireless Gaming Adapters: can not connect to windows 10 via bluetooth

Discus and support Wireless Gaming Adapters: can not connect to windows 10 via bluetooth in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Wireless Gaming Adapters: can not connect to windows 10 via bluetooth Hi, i purchased a xbox wireless controler (latest model) and whant to use the... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by TorstenTri, Nov 20, 2016.

1. TorstenTri
    TorstenTri Guest

Hi,

i purchased a xbox wireless controler (latest model) and whant to use the controller on my windows 10 pc. My pc does not find the controller. Other bluetooth devices connect well to this pc.

The same result with two other windows 10 pcs.

The controller otself works fine when connected via usb cable.

Any clues?

Thanks

:)

TorstenTri, Nov 20, 2016
  2. Xbox one controller pc

Hi,

There are three ways to connect an Xbox One Wireless controller to a Windows 10 PC. You may connect it via USB, Xbox Wireless (Built-in or with Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows), or Bluetooth connection. If your device doesn't have Bluetooth capability
    and you don't want to connect it via USB, the option you can use is via Xbox Wireless built-in or Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows. Here are the steps:

1. On your PC, go to Settings > Devices.
    2. Choose Add Bluetooth or other device.
    3. Select Everything else.
    4. Select Xbox Wireless Controller.
    5. Click Done.
    If your device doesn't have Xbox Wireless built-in, you'll need to get an Xbox Wireless Adapter. You may purchase it through online Microsoft Store. Refer to this link for more information:

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

Refer to this
    link
    for the steps on how to set up the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

Let us know if you have other questions. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Nov 20, 2016
  3. Does the newer controller (with Bluetooth support) still be able to use the wireless receiver?

Yes, the wireless adapter works and is probably the preferred way to use the controller. Xbox One controllers connected to windows 10 PC's via Bluetooth cause a noticeable performance drop in games. Connect with a wire or the wireless adapter and the performance
    hit is not present. Funny thing is no other Bluetooth controller causes a performance drop in games. It is something specific to the Xbox One controller.

Edit - Oops, Just noticed how old this thread was...

Shifted Screen, Nov 20, 2016
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: