Wireless display app, controller not working

Discus and support Wireless display app, controller not working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I have connected the laptop to the display of the Xbox and can move the mouse pointer around ok, however no buttons are working so cant click on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GlennSuffolk, Oct 11, 2020.

1. GlennSuffolk
    GlennSuffolk Guest

Hi

I have connected the laptop to the display of the Xbox and can move the mouse pointer around ok, however no buttons are working so cant click on anything on the laptop or start a game on Steam..

:)

GlennSuffolk, Oct 11, 2020
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

Xbox one

So the answer is yes. The term "Wireless display" is sort of a misnomer. The display isn't actually wireless, it's more like Remote Desktop, where you're controlling the PC on a different device without the display DIRECTLY (where the wireless part comes
    in) connected to the device.

So this article loosely outlines how it works. You'll need the Wireless Display app installed on the PC and the
    Xbox One, and they'll need to be connected to the same local network. You'll connect the two in the app, and then control the PC via the app. A mouse and keyboard hooked up to the Xbox One are the best methods for controlling that, but you could put your
    PC in Big Picture mode if you want to control it more easily that way.

It's more like reverse streaming via the Xbox App, but using the Wireless Display app, so it won't be a wireless display, per se, but it will need to be wired to your Xbox.

Let us know if you have any problems or questions in trying to get that set up, and we'll be happy to help!
  3. Wardgom Win User

Wireless display app not working

I agree that this does match what I have seen.

What I cannot fathom is why the dev team did not anticipate a very common use case:

Xbox One connected to wired LAN - because it is not portable and I will always use a wired connection when it is available...right?

Portable Device (phone, tablet, laptop) connected to WIFi- because it is portable and I do not want the hassle of a cable... right?

Yet this scenario appears to be the one the dev team overlooked...right?
  4. Deathstomper79 Win User

same here. I have been working at this all day. Customer support didn't even know what I was talking about until I told him to look it up. He then said oh yeah I see that multiple people are having the issue. Then he just said look in the forums for the
    answer. I couldn't believe he said that to me. Well I feel we have a strong community here so, I am hoping that the issue can be resolved.
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello!

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please
    create a new thread. We will be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you again and happy gaming!
  6. Its Budu Win User

Yep. Same issue here. Been trying to make it work all day as well. Even updated the hell out of Windows 10, still no win. Was really looking forward to this.
Thema:

1. Wireless display app, controller not working - Similar Threads - Wireless display app

2. How do I activate the mouse input with the wireless display app on the xbox series?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I activate the mouse input with the wireless display app on the xbox series?: I connected a samsung phone smart view to the wireless display app on a xbox series s, with keyboard and mouse connected to the xbox. But only the inputs on the keyboard work, and the mouse...
  3. (Help) Wireless Display App (for Xbox) not working (lag/sync issues)

in XBoX on Consoles
    (Help) Wireless Display App (for Xbox) not working (lag/sync issues): I've been using the Wireless Display App to watch movies on my Xbox (casting from my PC) for around 1-2 years now for the most part without issue, but for the past 4+ days the cast is constantly...
  4. How to get controller to work on Xbox series X while using wireless display app to connect...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to get controller to work on Xbox series X while using wireless display app to connect...: I’m trying to play pc games on my living room tv. I have the xbox series x with the wireless display app and I’m able to cast my pc screen to the xbox fine. But the xbox controller doesn’t...
  5. The wireless display app on my Xbox one s auto crashes and doesn’t load

in XBoX on Consoles
    The wireless display app on my Xbox one s auto crashes and doesn’t load: When I open the wireless display app it auto crashes and doesn’t load I’ve tried deleting the app and reinstalling it , shuting down my Xbox and connect Ethernet for Wi-Fi. Please help with fixing...
  6. Wireless Display App Bad picture Quality

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless Display App Bad picture Quality: I have downloaded the wireless display app on my Xbox One S and have connected it to my laptop which runs Windows 10 pro I have noticed that the video quality is very low compared to what it is...
  7. Windows 10 PC unable to detect Xbox One with wireless display app

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 PC unable to detect Xbox One with wireless display app: Hello, I have discovered the wireless display app on the Xbox and tried to get it working to stream pc games on my tv. My windows 10 PC is connected to my network via ethernet while the xbox is...
  8. Multiple Controller With Wireless Display app

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiple Controller With Wireless Display app: When using Wireless Display App on my Xbox One, to mirror my PC and play PC only games through the Xbox if 2 controllers are connect to the Xbox they both work but they act as only 1 When moving...
  9. Xbox wireless display app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox wireless display app: I live remotely and would find this feature of benifit. By pre down loading and streamin Films &TV content offline. I just got my s20 and the phone has a visable wireless network now on the Xbox...
  10. Wireless display app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wireless display app: My Android device is not connecting to the wireless display app. cc230601-e953-47af-a3e6-e5460a30a052