Wireless controller doesn't work with wired headset, but still passes sound tests

Discus and support Wireless controller doesn't work with wired headset, but still passes sound tests in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Perhaps someone can help me with an inexplicable audio problem I've been having. Today, I went and bought a new wireless Xbox One controller; from... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WickedNavajo, Apr 19, 2021.

1. WickedNavajo
    WickedNavajo Guest

Wireless controller doesn't work with wired headset, but still passes sound tests

Perhaps someone can help me with an inexplicable audio problem I've been having. Today, I went and bought a new wireless Xbox One controller; from Microsoft, not aftermarket or anything. I then started a game to test the controller with a wired headset, which I know works. No sound. Here is a list of things I subsequently attempted:

1. Controller synced? Yes. No sound.
    2. Headset jack fully seated into controller? Yes. No sound.
    3. Headset muted? No. No sound.
    4. Audio all the way down? No. No sound.
    5. Cleaned headset jack with rubbing alcohol. No sound.
    6. Went to Xbox One accessories to see if the headset was being detected. It was.
    7. Updated the controller firmware, with the headset plugged in. No sound.
    8. Hard-reset the Xbox. No sound.
    9. Went to Xbox One settings, turned headset volume to max and mic monitoring to near max. No sound.
    10. Checked other audio settings (uncompressed, Windows Sonic for headphones, etc.). No sound.
    11. Downloaded Skype onto my Xbox in order to test the sound and the mic. Both of them worked?! Multiple tests confirmed they work.
    12. Tested headset with different controller (actually on 2). It works on a wired controller I have, but not on another wireless controller (though this one may be broken, because headset worked on it in the past).
    13. Tested controller with different headset. Mixed results; one time I get no sound, another time I get sound.
    14. Checked Xbox One privacy settings. Communication both ways is open to everybody, so no fix here.
    15. Checked controller battery level. They're brand new, and it's fully charged, so no fix here.
    16. Started a party to see if my mic was being detected and my little profile icon lit up. It did; still no sound.
    17. Another hard reset. No sound.
    18. Extensively searched online for this same problem. No success.
    19. Briefly searched on this forum for this same problem before posting this. Nothing.

After all this, we managed to find the USB transmitter to a wireless headset; I plugged it into the Xbox, turned the headset on, and it worked. I then got another player to confirm that I can hear them, and they could hear me, through this wireless headset. So what could be the problem? Both the controller and my wired headset, individually, work. They even worked together, when I did the sound tests through the Skype app on my Xbox. I haven’t tested any other app like Youtube or anything.

Has anyone else had this type of problem, or is there anyone who thinks they can help? I would appreciate it. (PS mods: this is my first forum post here. If this is in the wrong category of posts, feel free to move as needed.)

:)

WickedNavajo, Apr 19, 2021
  2. JeremyHarris Win User

Wireless Headsets are complete Junk!

My Halo 3 Wireless Headset still works.

The Wireless Headset should always go the the first controller if the controller doesn't have a wired headset plugged in.
  3. Vision Verrify Win User

Controller/Headset Question

Hey there,

To test where the problem occur, we need to do a test.

Can you test your controller AND headset by a friend's Xbox?

If you have wired, please plug the controller into his Xbox and if you are wireless, please sync your controller with his Xbox.

If it works correctly there, your Xbox is the guilty one and if it still doesn't work there, your controller or Headset is not working properly.

Can you then try to insert YOUR Headset into HIS Controller if it works correctly by then?

Hope to hear from you soon.
  4. UnnamedSoup Win User

Audio technica ATH-AG1

Good to hear, is this headset wireless to the point only wire is from headset to controller and sound controlled from a mixamp?
  5. wilsman Win User

Headset work only when the Controller USB cable conected

Yes. As soon as the controller is in "wired" mode the headset works fine(audio in and out), But when in "wireless" mode "voice coming out of the headset" works but "voice coming into the headset" doesn't work. Maicrosofiti BR, did you say when you bought
    a new controller the wireless now works fine with the headset?
  6. Aggiefan1213 Win User

No sound from turtle beach headset

I did that and still nothing, headset does work now with wired controller and not with wireless one.
Thema:

1. Wireless controller doesn't work with wired headset, but still passes sound tests - Similar Threads - Wireless controller doesn't

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  4. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  5. xbox wireless controller problem

in XboX Insiders
    xbox wireless controller problem: my xbox wireless controller cant disconnect on my pc. ive been having this issue for like 2 months on my pc now. the surprising thing is that when i try to connect the controller on my laptop, it...
  6. Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller Elite Series 2 - Warranty / Customs issue: Hello everyone, I have an issue about warranty replacement. I sent my controller for repair / service on 26.04.24 but due to stock issues Microsoft send new one from Germany to Turkey to my...
  7. my controller is connecting to the Xbox wireless adaptor, but is not being registered on my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller is connecting to the Xbox wireless adaptor, but is not being registered on my pc: Hello. I have juts had this issue where my controller juts randomly disconnected from my pc. it's still pairing with the wireless adaptor i have put i just doesn't work with any games or is not...
  8. cant connect wireless rockband 4 xbox one controller to pc

in XBoX on Windows
    cant connect wireless rockband 4 xbox one controller to pc: bought a wireless jaguar xbox one, rockband 4 guitar. im trying to use it for fortnite but it wont connect to my pc. ive updated the driver on the guitar so it can work but it doesnt. i bought a...
  9. My Xbox wireless controller won’t connect to my Xbox at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless controller won’t connect to my Xbox at all: I have fully charged batteries and have hard reset my controller and Xbox I also tried it with a different Xbox and it did not work a8ec90cf-7511-4aaf-a7c3-ad48c8068c18
  10. Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset: Hello, i bought a new xbox one controller today for my Windows PC. But when i use it wireless the audio doesn't recognize the xbox, so the headset doesn't get recognized. When i connect it with...