Wired Xbox One controller acting weird on Xbox GamePass on PC Windows 11

Discus and support Wired Xbox One controller acting weird on Xbox GamePass on PC Windows 11 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm using a wired Xbox One controller on GamePass on PC and it's acting very crazy, for example on Starfield the Y and B buttons are both jump buttons,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nathaniel Davis, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Wired Xbox One controller acting weird on Xbox GamePass on PC Windows 11

I'm using a wired Xbox One controller on GamePass on PC and it's acting very crazy, for example on Starfield the Y and B buttons are both jump buttons, left bumper is both scanner and crouch, the select or menu button brings up the menu and switches from first person and third person perspectives at the same time, the analog stick and dpad skip every other option in menus, and sprinting by clicking the left analog stick in also brings up a keyboard input screen at the same time. It works perfectly on Steam and other gaming apps with no issue. I tried uninstalling drivers/the device and reinstalling, I tried everything I can do on the Xbox accessories app and it doesn't detect any issues with the device, I tried other suggestions made on other posts, but it seems it's a different issue than on Windows 10 systems, or a different solution at least. It worked just fine once when I switched to another USB port, but the next time I started up the PC it was back to the screwy controls and switching the USB port hasn't worked again since then. I'm going to see if it's possible to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox GamePass app and see if that's the issue while waiting for a possible solution from someone smarter than I, so I'm really hoping that's the issue for whatever reason! I'd appreciate any help since I'm losing my mind a bit trying to figure this out! Thanks!

:)

Nathaniel Davis, Sep 11, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Wired Xbox One controller acting weird on Xbox GamePass on PC Windows 11