Wired Xbox 360 Controller isn't being detected by PC on Windows 8

Discus and support Wired Xbox 360 Controller isn't being detected by PC on Windows 8 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is the right forum to be posting on. If it isn't please just move it. I have been using a wired Xbox 360 controller on my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nipinspector, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Nipinspector
    Nipinspector Guest

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to be posting on. If it isn't please just move it.

I have been using a wired Xbox 360 controller on my Windows 8 PC for a while now, just today I went to use it and it wasn't working. So I checked my devices and it wasn't there. I have tried re installing and updating drivers and still no luck. I have unplugged
    the controller and restarted my computer but the quadrant lights on the controller just blink. Please help

:)

Nipinspector, Feb 17, 2014
  2. how can I update driver for xbox 360 controller for windows 10

Hi,

There is no driver to download for the 360 controller on Windows 10, because the driver is already installed as part of the OS.

There are two likely reasons why your controller isn't being detected. It's either because your controller isn't a true wired controller or you've plugged it into a USB 1 port.

If your controller is wireless please note that you can not turn it into a wired controller with a Play & Charge. It will always be wireless and therefore will not be detected. To use a wireless controller on Windows you will need a gaming wireless receiver.
    Otherwise, you will need a 360 wired controller.

Obsessive Power, Feb 17, 2014
  3. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    Trying to use XBOX 360 controller with my PC

You can't use the play and charge cable to connect your controller to your PC. It might be detected by Windows but the connection isn't there to allow any of the buttons to work.

The only thing you can do is either buy a wireless receiver for Windows or buy a wired controller.

voteDC, Feb 17, 2014
  4. Bazajaytee
    Bazajaytee Guest

This question actually belongs in the PC section which you can access at the top of these forums or by clicking here -
    forums.xbox.com/.../280.aspx

However, check your USB Controller in Device Manager (SEARCH > System > Device Manager)

Make sure your Universal Serial Bus controllers doesn't have a warning triangle next to it, if it does it suggests it has an issue usually resolved with driver updates from your motherboard manufacturer.

Also try installing the Windows 7 drivers for the Xbox 360 controller (select Windows 7 32 or 64 bit based on your Windows 8 version) -

www.microsoft.com/.../xbox-360-controller-for-windows
    that might kick start your controller into working again.

Bazajaytee, Feb 23, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: