Wired X360 Headset and red/white/yellow cables for use with Xbone

Discus and support Wired X360 Headset and red/white/yellow cables for use with Xbone in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guys. So I use a monitor to play my xbox 360 and xbox one on. With my wired Turtle beach headset, in order to use it on the monitor I had to rig... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SmilyCascade0, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Wired X360 Headset and red/white/yellow cables for use with Xbone

Hey guys. So I use a monitor to play my xbox 360 and xbox one on. With my wired Turtle beach headset, in order to use it on the monitor I had to rig it so that the HDMI cord and red/white/yellow cables were both connected to the back of the xbox, basically
    connecting video and audio through HDMI while also using audio through the r/w/y cables into my headset. I didn't recieve r/w/y cables with my xbox one, and i assume they probably dont exist, so is there any way I can get my old headset working with this
    xbox one? I know i need an adapter for voice, but right now Im only worried about game sound. Thanks guys!

:)

SmilyCascade0, Jan 29, 2014
  2. Surge101
    Surge101 Guest
    Call of Duty Ghosts margins

Thanks for trying to help, but that isn't the problem. Just to inform you a bit, the SDTV "colored wires" you are referring to are the red, white, and yellow cables. The red and white are for audio, the yellow is the video output. Those are composite cables, and yes, they are for SDTV. on an HDTV component set up, you will use a blue, green, and orange plugs for video instead of the yellow one. These are for HD signals.

Surge101, Jan 29, 2014
  3. HDMI Blank screen

OH ive tried a new hdmi cable that dident work, and it works when no hdmi cable is pluged in and i use the cable with the red white and yellow cables.

Roachas BJJ2009, Jan 29, 2014
  4. Wired X360 Headset and red/white/yellow cables for use with Xbone

Jimmy Beam est, Jan 29, 2014
  5. Jimmy Beam est Win User

6. NEWBIEofDUTY Win User

Dude, Where is my sound?!?

I use an optical cable to the Denon, but use the standard, av wire supplied with the xbox, using the red green blue for video with the red and white sound wires for my headset. Both the receiver and the headset are having the same issue.
  7. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox 360 shows in black and white.

I found these instructions that might help you.

Try to move the cables around and follow the instructions into plugging them in. First plug into the Component Input section of your TV the 3 wires that are bunched together which are RED/GREEN/BLUE. Now, take the other bunch of wires, the RED/WHITE/YELLOW,
    and plug the RED and WHITE into the respective Audio inputs next to the component input. The yellow wire is not used.

If this doesn't work, try unplugging the cord from the XBOX while it is running, and plugging it back in.
  8. KEY77579 Win User

Xbox console works, but the visual signal only shows on the tv when I increase the volume... how do I fix this?

Hi there ParknPark!! The ends of your cable that run from t.v. to console have the thick console connection on one end and either 3 wires (red/white/yellow) which connect to the t.v. for normal viewing or the six wired end (red/red/yellow/white/blue/green)which
    connects to the t.v. for 720 HD viewing. The switch will only be found on the HD version cable and it is located on the side of the thick plastic piece that connects into the console. If your only useing three wire it should be set to standard if useing all
    six connections it should be set to HD. I hope this helps!!
  9. Arminator Win User

PLZ HELP: HDTV setup issue

[quote user="MISTA STEEZY"]...I switched it from TV to HDTV on the av cable and i plugged in the red blue and green wires where they're suppose to go but for some reason the sound wont work.

[/quote]

The red/blue/green cables only carry (HD-)Video signals. In order to get sound, you need to
    also plug in the red and white plugs from the "other" cable end. Just leave the yellow plug dangling.

[quote user="MISTA STEEZY"]...

I'm also trying to setup my turtle beach x11 headset but that can wait till i get the sound to come out pf the TV at least first. ...

[/quote]

Take the red/white cables of the console's cable, and plug them into the red/white splitter cable of the headset with the green plug at the other end.Plug the splitter cable into the red/white audio plugs of your TV.

Connect the green plug of the headset into that cable, and let the pink cable disconnected. Connect the Headset to a Xbox USB port for power. Connect the "bent" end of the Xbox headset connection cable of the headset into your Xbox controller, and the "straight"
    end into the Xbox Jack of the headset's control box.
Thema:

1. Wired X360 Headset and red/white/yellow cables for use with Xbone - Similar Threads - Wired X360 Headset

2. Tablo Subpar Video quality when ethernet wired

in XboX Insiders
    Tablo Subpar Video quality when ethernet wired: If I use wireless connection while using Tablo it has great video quality.. If I use have Xbox hardwired it has very poor video quality..my 4 Roku Ultra units all display HD quality when...
  3. Wireless and wired connections fail on Xbox (Series X/S)

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless and wired connections fail on Xbox (Series X/S): About 6 months ago, my Xbox became unable to connect to the internet wirelessly. I’ve been using an Ethernet cable to connect the Xbox to the internet since then. Today, my Xbox lost connection in...
  4. Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets: Hi Series S not Powering MS Wired Headphones connected to any of USB A sockets. Connected direct to. Series S Audio Setting re checked restarted Console Gen Audio testing/details Headset...
  5. Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back: Whenever I move Xbox cable slightly up it automatically disconnects. I’ve tried 4 different cables that work with anything else but with my Xbox series s controller it works until i lay it on its...
  6. Why isn't my headest connecting to my Xbox via wireless and wire

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my headest connecting to my Xbox via wireless and wire: I have an Xbox series s and captian 4000 headset and they won't connect when I try either method in the manual. I looked at the website and didn't find any help 9350bd46-4486-4548-b876-4ec72cd1bde3
  7. can you use an ethernet USB adapter from my phone to my xbox series s for a wired internet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you use an ethernet USB adapter from my phone to my xbox series s for a wired internet...: can you use an ethernet USB adapter from my phone to my xbox series s for a wired internet connection? please reply if you can help bfe3048e-eadd-4de5-929b-add22bf8ebaa
  8. Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?: My Xbox S is acting strange lately, my controller is always plugged into my xbox and today it was working and then right in the middle of the game. It just turned off so I unplugged it then...
  9. How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?: I've tried many links, but they don't work, and the videos that I watched told me to install a driver to get it to work, If you have any working links please tell me!...
  10. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c