Wired PDP Controller only working with usb cable that came with the controller?

Discus and support Wired PDP Controller only working with usb cable that came with the controller? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought a PDP controller to use on pc. This is the wired xbox series x controller that also works on pc. The controller works fine with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by the side, Oct 4, 2023.

1. the side
    the side Guest

Hi,

I recently bought a PDP controller to use on pc. This is the wired xbox series x controller that also works on pc. The controller works fine with the usb cable provided. This is a 8 foot long micro usb cable. The wired controller comes with a detachable usb. I want to use a long usb cable with the controller. I tried buying a micro usb cable from amazon that is both data and power. The first 1 was designed for some other products but still came with both. Then after that one didn't work I bought another one. This one says support for playstation and xbox controllers. Along with some other products. One cable is 30 ft and the other one is 25 ft.

When plugging in the pdp controller with the cable that came with, it automatically powers on and is ready to use. When using the other cables, there is no power and the controller doesn't work. I tried holding down on the d pad when plugging in the controller. This resulted in the light of the controller turning on. There is power but it is not showing up on the computer. I tried installing the drivers for the controller. The usb cables are working. The controller is working. But this controller is not working with the long micro usb cable.

Any help please?

Thank you

:)

the side, Oct 4, 2023
  2. HomegrownSilky Win User

You might have better luck reaching out to the manufacturer of the controller to see what their support has to say about this issue.
  3. Nkosana23 Win User

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today.

This may simply mean that the device does not recognize the USB cable used. Or the cable used may not meet the minimum requirements needed for the controller.
  4. the side Win User

Hello,

Thanks for your replies. Yes I am working with the pdp customer support. I asked them about it and they said they have no recommendations for any cables that work with their controllers other than the original. They said that it might need high data transfer speed but even then it might not work. But they also said that the controller is working fine as long as its working with the cable that came with it.
  5. Nkosana23 Win User

That resolves your query then. You'll have to stick with the original cable. If purchasing another one, best to do so with the manufacturer of the controller.
  6. DarkHead Win User

Crackling Audio on a brand new 2nd-party Xbox Series Controller in Windows 11

And my controller its wired-only, the USB cable its also brand new (it came with the controller in the box) and it's the same one that i used on my Xbox.
Thema:

1. Wired PDP Controller only working with usb cable that came with the controller? - Similar Threads - Wired PDP Controller

2. Tablo Subpar Video quality when ethernet wired

in XboX Insiders
    Tablo Subpar Video quality when ethernet wired: If I use wireless connection while using Tablo it has great video quality.. If I use have Xbox hardwired it has very poor video quality..my 4 Roku Ultra units all display HD quality when...
  3. Wireless and wired connections fail on Xbox (Series X/S)

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless and wired connections fail on Xbox (Series X/S): About 6 months ago, my Xbox became unable to connect to the internet wirelessly. I’ve been using an Ethernet cable to connect the Xbox to the internet since then. Today, my Xbox lost connection in...
  4. Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets: Hi Series S not Powering MS Wired Headphones connected to any of USB A sockets. Connected direct to. Series S Audio Setting re checked restarted Console Gen Audio testing/details Headset...
  5. Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back: Whenever I move Xbox cable slightly up it automatically disconnects. I’ve tried 4 different cables that work with anything else but with my Xbox series s controller it works until i lay it on its...
  6. Why isn't my headest connecting to my Xbox via wireless and wire

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my headest connecting to my Xbox via wireless and wire: I have an Xbox series s and captian 4000 headset and they won't connect when I try either method in the manual. I looked at the website and didn't find any help 9350bd46-4486-4548-b876-4ec72cd1bde3
  7. can you use an ethernet USB adapter from my phone to my xbox series s for a wired internet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you use an ethernet USB adapter from my phone to my xbox series s for a wired internet...: can you use an ethernet USB adapter from my phone to my xbox series s for a wired internet connection? please reply if you can help bfe3048e-eadd-4de5-929b-add22bf8ebaa
  8. Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?: My Xbox S is acting strange lately, my controller is always plugged into my xbox and today it was working and then right in the middle of the game. It just turned off so I unplugged it then...
  9. My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh

in XBoX on Consoles
    My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh: everything works besides the mic of any head set all settings are correct as far as I know and have tried, it will cut on for a millisecond bday shutoff and not work again after I'm bout to give...
  10. My wired PDP Xbox controller goes off while playing it is brand new any advice on why??

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired PDP Xbox controller goes off while playing it is brand new any advice on why??: I have a brand new wired PDP controller for Xbox and it turns off while playing any idea why?? 748dc5ae-dda5-4bc5-9a09-d3e9684ff49d