Wired mac code BC-85-57-8C-CF get this mac address

Discus and support Wired mac code BC-85-57-8C-CF get this mac address in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Y do I getting g this address my xbox connects for a little while then kicks me off wifi. How do I change my mac address back to my old one?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Landon Washington, Mar 16, 2024.

1. Wired mac code BC-85-57-8C-CF get this mac address

Y do I getting g this address my xbox connects for a little while then kicks me off wifi. How do I change my mac address back to my old one?

:)

Landon Washington, Mar 16, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Landon, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, try clearing your MAC address.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system, then Settings.

In the General tab, select Network settings > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear.

Restart your console. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your controller to open the Power Center.

Select Restart console and then select Restart.

(If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart.)

Sign in to your console.

Let me know if it works!
  3. Fraggboy Win User

Manual wired IP address changes on its own

Quick Question. Are you using the same MAC address? If so, your wireless MAC address is different than your wired MAC address. Look it up and change it in your Netgear router. If you want the same IP address you were using, you will need to change the
    MAC address for that IP (Routers won't allow you to associate 1 IP address with 2 MAC addresses).
  4. dbrodbeck Win User

Please help, Absolutely No Idea What the Problem Is!

OK, here's a thought, in the MAC address panel of your router's config, are you entering the MAC of the xbox hard wired or the wireless adapter MAC?
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Can I change my mac address here?

In order to get around MAC based filtering, you would need to know which MAC addresses are allowed.

If for example your PC can access the Internet unfiltered, you can take the PC's MAC address, go to the console and in the network settings under advanced network settings you can then set up a custom MAC address. Make sure you set the MAC address of the
    wired or wireless network adapter as needed.

Be aware, that if you "clone" the MAC address on two devices, that you can not use them at the same time without causing network issues.
  6. Carlton WMarshall Win User

Anyone else's Xbox one losing static ip settings between reboots ?

To find the MAC address for the console go to settings, Network, Advanced setting and on the right side you will see at the bottom you will see the Wired and Wireless MAC address for your console.
Thema:

1. Wired mac code BC-85-57-8C-CF get this mac address - Similar Threads - Wired mac code

2. Tablo Subpar Video quality when ethernet wired

in XboX Insiders
    Tablo Subpar Video quality when ethernet wired: If I use wireless connection while using Tablo it has great video quality.. If I use have Xbox hardwired it has very poor video quality..my 4 Roku Ultra units all display HD quality when...
  3. Wireless and wired connections fail on Xbox (Series X/S)

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless and wired connections fail on Xbox (Series X/S): About 6 months ago, my Xbox became unable to connect to the internet wirelessly. I’ve been using an Ethernet cable to connect the Xbox to the internet since then. Today, my Xbox lost connection in...
  4. Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets: Hi Series S not Powering MS Wired Headphones connected to any of USB A sockets. Connected direct to. Series S Audio Setting re checked restarted Console Gen Audio testing/details Headset...
  5. Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back: Whenever I move Xbox cable slightly up it automatically disconnects. I’ve tried 4 different cables that work with anything else but with my Xbox series s controller it works until i lay it on its...
  6. Why isn't my headest connecting to my Xbox via wireless and wire

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my headest connecting to my Xbox via wireless and wire: I have an Xbox series s and captian 4000 headset and they won't connect when I try either method in the manual. I looked at the website and didn't find any help 9350bd46-4486-4548-b876-4ec72cd1bde3
  7. can you use an ethernet USB adapter from my phone to my xbox series s for a wired internet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you use an ethernet USB adapter from my phone to my xbox series s for a wired internet...: can you use an ethernet USB adapter from my phone to my xbox series s for a wired internet connection? please reply if you can help bfe3048e-eadd-4de5-929b-add22bf8ebaa
  8. Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?: My Xbox S is acting strange lately, my controller is always plugged into my xbox and today it was working and then right in the middle of the game. It just turned off so I unplugged it then...
  9. How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?: I've tried many links, but they don't work, and the videos that I watched told me to install a driver to get it to work, If you have any working links please tell me!...
  10. How to Connect Xbox 1S Controller With Wire to Mac?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to Connect Xbox 1S Controller With Wire to Mac?: I play Fortnite and there is a lot of input delay from my controller via Bluetooth, and because of this, I want to connect my Xbox 1S Controller to my computer using a wire. I already have used...