Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions)

Discus and support Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [XBOX ONE] My wired headset mic will not work, the Xbox picks up my voice on party overlay and text to speech but no one can hear me and I can’t hear... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Annika Henderson, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions)

[XBOX ONE] My wired headset mic will not work, the Xbox picks up my voice on party overlay and text to speech but no one can hear me and I can’t hear people. I can hear everything else.

I have:

- Made sure headset mic is toggled to “on” and tried all chat mixer changes

- Tried turning off mic monitoring

- Mic permissions are on only windows and YouTube are showing

- Restarted my console

- Swapped remotes and headsets

- Did that weird network DNS change

- Unrestricted everything including family settings

- Changed headset format to Windows Sonic for Headphones

- Allow passthrough and mute speaker audio when headset attached

- Party chat output is set to headset and the only audio setup there is is stereo uncompressed

- Checked console and remote for updates

- Looked at everything on Xbox accessories and the wired headsets aren’t showing up on either remote

Pls help I’ve spent like 2 hours trying to fix it myself and no it’s not an issue with the games I’ve been through all of the settings on them too Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions) :(

:)

Annika Henderson, Jan 31, 2024
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Annika. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

I understand how frustrating it must be that you are experiencing this issue. Let me see how I can assist you.

Try power cycling your Xbox One. This is slightly different from a restart and can solve a lot of software issues:

Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. Unplug the power cable and wait at least 15 minutes. Then, plug it back in and turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or on your controller.

In case there's an issue with the wireless connection, try connecting the controller with a USB cable instead of wirelessly.

Since you've tried most of the possible solutions, if the issue persists the last resort is a factory reset:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    Select Reset and keep my games & apps

Let me know how this goes, and please reach back if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. Zordic Win User

Xbox one X mic Icon still on mute

I am buying the Xbox mic tonight and hope that this works but, in this solution you gave me is to buy an adapter makes the wireless wired or in other words return the astros A20 and buy a headset that has a controller adapter to connect to the headset..
    How can I use a wireless headset? I will find out tonight if this works with the original headset mic for Xbox.
  4. MightyQuinn75 Win User

Xbox one gaming microphone not working

Sorry you are having issues. Here is the troubleshooter but to be honest it sounds like you've tried most steps already Headset Troubleshooter
    Have you tried the mic on another device to rule out an issue with the actual mic itself?
  5. IceStorm III Win User

Is the tritton warhead compatible

The "mic" you're referring to is the boom mic that plugs into the headset.

The mic I'm referring to is the chat system that allows one to talk to other players. Normally, that's supported by a wired mic cable that goes from the 360 controller to other headsets. On all other 360 headsets, a cable is required from the base of the
    360 controller to the headset for chat. Even the wireless Astro A50 has a mic cable port to go to the 360 controller.

On the Tritton Warhead, that's all done wirelessly, same as the Microsoft Wireless Mic for 360 works. Tritton integrated the wireless mic into the headset base unit so that the headset can be completely wireless - no wired mic cable going to the controller.

It's the wired mic cable that the Tritton Warhead lacks that is the problem. There will be no way for the Warhead's base unit to sync its wireless mic with the Xbox One.

If all you want to do is use the Warhead as a wireless headset without a mic, it will be fine. If you want mic support, it won't.
  6. Sanana94 Win User

Xbox mic not working

Hi there, have you tried your headset mic in any other device, for example a smartphone or PC?

Try and check if your mic works.

Here's aguide to troubleshoot Mic problems.

Is it possible that the mic is broken? Have you tried checking if your audio is muted via party chat or on the headset Audio settings on your console?
Thema:

1. Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions) - Similar Threads - Wired Headset Mics

2. How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?: Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 doesn't seem to work with wired headphones when on BT. Works fine when on USB.. how to make it work? I bought 2 of these expecting to use them with...
  3. Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t

in XboX Insiders
    Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t: So I bought the mic and have the newest Xbox. When I first got the headset it worked perfectly but then I took a break from Xbox and when I came back, the headphones still worked but the mic...
  4. How to power on the RGB lights in my wired headset for Xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to power on the RGB lights in my wired headset for Xbox series X: The Headset Audio works is there a way to Connect the USB part of the headset cord to the rear of the XBOX series X Controller for power? 1b3a4ce7-9c22-415b-a49b-eb315628f2e3
  5. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  6. does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one: does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one 8651d522-0d08-4052-844b-2c460752a254
  7. Wired Headset makes Controller disconnect

in XboX Insiders
    Wired Headset makes Controller disconnect: I have an issue that when my wored headset is connect to my Xbox One controller, I have audio issues and my controller will desync. The audio is almost always spotty but the controller will...
  8. My Wired headset(s) mic(s) won’t work with one Xbox Account, but fine with others, and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Wired headset(s) mic(s) won’t work with one Xbox Account, but fine with others, and...: Stumped! I typically use a wireless headset (Astro A50, Steelseries, & others). I have tried three wired headsets (VZR MOdel One, Corsair virtuoso Pro, etc) and I’m getting the same result. I get...
  9. My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh

in XBoX on Consoles
    My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh: everything works besides the mic of any head set all settings are correct as far as I know and have tried, it will cut on for a millisecond bday shutoff and not work again after I'm bout to give...
  10. do not use charge and play wire while mic is plugged in will short ur headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    do not use charge and play wire while mic is plugged in will short ur headset: I've gone threw two headsets this way and xbox will refuse to fix the issue and or replace it so if this happens to you save ur receipts and boxes and hope that they will replace it...