Wired and Wireless adapter not working

Discus and support Wired and Wireless adapter not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Had a big storm few days ago and it took out my router and also apparently the network adapter on my 360 E console. Nothing else in my house was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Trimk, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Trimk
    Trimk Guest

Had a big storm few days ago and it took out my router and also apparently the network adapter on my 360 E console. Nothing else in my house was effected. I thought I would just be able to turn on the wifi but it won't work either. Apparently, I'm past my
    warranty period so wondered if there were any other options to fix it besides sending it off. I was surprised both connections types would get knocked out by the surge. Everything else appears to be working fine on the console though. It will say "connect
    an Ethernet cord" or something about "attach wireless adapter" when trying to configure the networks. Which is obviously has the built in wifi.

Thanks for any help!

:)

Trimk, Jul 21, 2016
  2. MerlinKM
    MerlinKM Guest
    Windows 10

Was it the official Xbox 360 or Xbox One controller? For the Xbox 360 wireless controller, an adapter is required. For Xbox One, the original Xbox One controller will only work when wired. For the One S controller, you can connect it via bluetooth.

MerlinKM, Jul 21, 2016
  3. Can not connect to Internet

I have tried to connect my X Box 360 to the internet using both the Wired Ethernet cable and and Wireless adapter. The Wireless adapter works on my brothers Xbox 360 in the other room but my X Box 360 just keeps telling me that I need to connect an
    Ethernet cable or a wireless adapter. Why is my Xbox not detecting the internet weather wired or wireless?

LuminousSet117, Jul 21, 2016
  4. Wired and Wireless adapter not working

So only both forms of network functionality in the console died after the power surge? Pretty amazing that the console is still working despite that. Are you sure you can't even have it wired?

Regardless, I take it you're only down to these few options:

• See what Microsoft will charge you for a repair/replacement since it's out of warranty as you say. (start here)
    • Purchase a new Xbox 360 console.
    • Purchase the Xbox 360 wireless adapter accessory. (Make sure the USB ports are still working though).
    • Attempt to repair the console yourself.
    As a disclaimer, the last option should be treated as a last resort, and will be performed
    at your own risk, any and all possible factors considered.

Internet Expert, Jul 21, 2016
  5. Trimk
    Trimk Guest
    Yes, the wired was what I was using and said nothing was plugged in when I turned it on. Doesn't make sense to me either how both could go out but thanks for your reply!

Trimk, Oct 31, 2018
  6. TalosGuideMe Win User

Unable to find IP address

Modem with Wifi I believe. though the adapter I got counts itself as wired, when it's really a wire that leads to a wireless adapter, I've looked through both Wired and Wireless connection issue fixes. and nothing has worked
  7. SargonParidius Win User

Frequent disconnects from Xbox Live, even when router is replaced

Sorry to hear about your situation.

But, are you trying a wireless or wired connection? It sounds like wireless.

If so, is the wireless adapter an internal or an external device?

You stated that a wired connection works, so that seems to point to a problem with the adapter.

Hopefully, trying a new adapter will solve the problem.
  8. Internet Expert Win User

So only both forms of network functionality in the console died after the power surge? Pretty amazing that the console is still working despite that. Are you sure you can't even have it wired?

Regardless, I take it you're only down to these few options:

• See what Microsoft will charge you for a repair/replacement since it's out of warranty as you say. (start here)
    • Purchase a new Xbox 360 console.
    • Purchase the Xbox 360 wireless adapter accessory. (Make sure the USB ports are still working though).
    • Attempt to repair the console yourself.
    As a disclaimer, the last option should be treated as a last resort, and will be performed
    at your own risk, any and all possible factors considered.
  9. Trimk Win User

Yes, the wired was what I was using and said nothing was plugged in when I turned it on. Doesn't make sense to me either how both could go out but thanks for your reply!
  10. Toxic Demise05 Win User

cant connect to network or xbox live..... PLEASE HELP

One thing that could be wrong is your wireless adapter. You should try only wire and if that works you need a new adapter.
Thema:

1. Wired and Wireless adapter not working - Similar Threads - Wired Wireless adapter

2. How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?: Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 doesn't seem to work with wired headphones when on BT. Works fine when on USB.. how to make it work? I bought 2 of these expecting to use them with...
  3. Mic. can't talk. So. BOUGHT. 3. A WIRELESS. & NEW. TURTLE BEACH WIRED....

in XBoX on Windows
    Mic. can't talk. So. BOUGHT. 3. A WIRELESS. & NEW. TURTLE BEACH WIRED....: Mic can't talk. On new. Series. X. Wireless. Or wired 53cd3738-db76-4f63-b6a6-b1fdb67dce37
  4. Xbox Wireless Headset on PC - Choppy - Stuttering - Both Wired and Xbox Dongle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset on PC - Choppy - Stuttering - Both Wired and Xbox Dongle: I'm still not seeing a solution to this. I just switched over to PC. I purchased the Microsoft Xbox Dongle so that I could use my Xbox Wireless Controller and Wireless Heaset without having to use...
  5. Why is it specifically my account(s) that are locked out of the internet / wireless / wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it specifically my account(s) that are locked out of the internet / wireless / wired...: Very important topic because it probably might just be a me problem, so I want to know how to get it fixed. I’ve had and still do have the problem where my Xbox wouldn’t connect to the WiFi or...
  6. why does my xbox only connect to the wifi through wired and not wireless ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox only connect to the wifi through wired and not wireless ?: we recently transferred with virgin wifi and it was working fine until a few hours later when we couldn’t connect my xbox to the wifi wirelessly but we can only connect it through wired, i’ve...
  7. Why is it specifically my account(s) that are locked out of the internet / wireless / wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it specifically my account(s) that are locked out of the internet / wireless / wired...: Why is it specifically my account(s) that are locked out of the internet / wireless / wired connection when other people in my household can use it? Very important topic because it probably might...
  8. My Series S update/network problems. Won’t connect to wireless internet, says wired is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series S update/network problems. Won’t connect to wireless internet, says wired is...: ****. This has been going on for weeks now. I’m about ready to smash it. 77f56b7e-5053-4e63-ad42-0fe98d1c17ba
  9. wired connection causing higher ping/ms than wireless on fortnite and other games

in XBoX on Consoles
    wired connection causing higher ping/ms than wireless on fortnite and other games: hi , does anyone know or have any pointers to help me out with my ms in games when i am playing wired connection via tp links cat-5e cables on both on fortnite for instance which is a game based...
  10. Choppy audio in headset (both wired and wireless)

in XboX Insiders
    Choppy audio in headset (both wired and wireless): Anybody else have this problem? It's just in apps, audio works fine in games. submitted by /u/serialkillerx87 [link] [comments]