Windows Store claims I don't own a game I've had for years.

Discus and support Windows Store claims I don't own a game I've had for years. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Before I get into the details, let me start by saying that I searched this Extensively and have thus far been unable to fix it. Firstly, I was having... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Garrett Kauffman, Aug 21, 2023.

1. Windows Store claims I don't own a game I've had for years.

Before I get into the details, let me start by saying that I searched this Extensively and have thus far been unable to fix it.

Firstly, I was having a problem launching Sea of Thieves, it was crashing on startup and giving me an error code. Alright, so I go to the pages both linked to the error code and the problem itself and try everything there. The last thing I tried was un-installing the game in order to reinstall it, as some people had suggested. After I uninstalled Sea of Thieves, the Windows Store was telling me I had to either play it with game pass or buy it.

I tried the solutions at this link before uninstalling and having my current issue. Please note, I was just playing SoT not even a week ago with no issues, and I suspect that my issue of the store claiming I don't own the game is what was causing my crashing on startup

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-in-your/0507eece-276e-4519-b4af-6bd2e1383105

Error Code from the crashes:
    Sea of Thieves is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001

Yes, I was, and still am, signed into the store.

Windows Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.3324)

I included a picture with my proof of purchasing the game (and in-game content) side-by-side with the windows store saying I do not own the game.

EDIT: I decided to retry one of the solutions for the store not displaying ownership again today, out of desperation. To my surprise, it worked today, but didn't work yesterday when I tried it. I logged out of the store and Xbox app before restarting my computer. I am unsure why this solution didn't work for me yesterday, and why it worked for me today. Time to re-install it and see if it still crashes on start-up though!

***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Microsoft Store***

:)

Garrett Kauffman, Aug 21, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Windows Store claims I don't own a game I've had for years.