Windows Store Apps isn't running at a high FPS

Discus and support Windows Store Apps isn't running at a high FPS in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am using Windows 10 since 2016 and I always tried to use Windows Store's apps so I can get the best support for my apps, like GeForce... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Vikko151, Jul 5, 2023.

1. Vikko151
    Vikko151 Guest

Hello,

I am using Windows 10 since 2016 and I always tried to use Windows Store's apps so I can get the best support for my apps, like GeForce Experience, Xbox Game Bar, etc... But one thing I've seen about using Windows Store's apps such like Minecraft™ Windows 10 Edition, ROBLOX™, or like Halo Infinte, is that those apps in the Microsoft Store always trying to stay lower or approximatively at 60 FPS. Of course, 60 FPS is still good, but I have a high-end GPU and a 165 HZ monitor, and so I don't really like always seeing 60 or 55 FPS on my 165 HZ monitor. The worst is when I play Minecraft in RTX ; My GPU is only used at 70% and my game is running at 50 FPS. I really hate this.

My system's informations :

CPU : Intel® Core i7 4790

GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

RAM : 4 times G-Skill (I think Fury) 4GB 1600MHz

Windows Edition : Windows 10 Home

What I tried before old replies :

• I enabled hardware-accelerated gpu scheduling. It doesn't change anything.
    • I've optimised my NVIDIA Control Panel's settings. Nothing has changed.
    • I modified my power plan to Ultimate Performances. I can't see any change.
    • I lowered my game's quality. I keep a low GPU use.
    • Overclock could be a solution, but I don't want to overheat my computer or GPU.
    • I optimised Windows in advanced settings. There isn't any change
    What we suggested me :

• I did a clean installation of my display driver. Nothing changes.
    • I booted in a clean environnement. I thought that the problem were about bloatwares. I got some more FPS on non-Windows Store apps, but no change about Windows Store apps
    • I did an in-place installation of Windows 10. I didn't get any change
    Like I said in the tries, nothing worked and I'm getting really lost about it ! Some help would be accepted !

Best regards,

@

:)

Vikko151, Jul 5, 2023
  2. Vikko151 Win User

Greetings, @Obsessive Power !

70% of GPU use = 55 FPS

100% of GPU use = 55 : 70 x 100 = approximatively 79 FPS.
    70% of GPU doesn't mean the game isn't using your hardware to the fullest.

The CPU doesn't just compute the game logic and AI, it also draws the scene, it sends the drawn frames to the GPU to render the graphics. If you're aiming for 60fps, but your CPU isn't good enough, your graphics card will not render all of those frames. It doesn't matter how powerful your GPU is.

One classic example of a bottleneck occurs when an outdated processor is combined with a more advanced graphics card in a demanding CPU-intensive game. In this situation, the CPU struggles to process the game, resulting in only 30 frames being drawn, and consequently, the GPU only renders those 30 frames. If you were to observe this scenario using a benchmarking tool, you would typically see the CPU utilization at 100% while the GPU operates at 30% (or something similar). This is a classic illustration of a CPU bottleneck.

Likewise, when modern CPU's are benchmarked for performance, a game will generally be locked at 1080P. Then, to test the graphics card performance, the resolution and or other graphics settings are increased.

I know it. 55 FPS = 70% of GPU use, but not the maximum capacity of mine. I'm scared about the fact that you don't understand me... I searched on the internet, I've done tests on the internet, all sources say :

The RTX 2060 doesn't bottleneck with the Intel® Core i7 4790.

Like I said to @SwordofWhedon, we can forget about bottlenecking ; it's the wrong way I think. Mabye should I try to put my GPU on the computer of a friend with an higher-end GPU. If I can, I will contact you as soon as possible for the results. In any case, I should do a check-up for my battery. Mabye 500 MW isn't suffisent to hold correctly my CPU, and so impact my performances. Anyways, I wish you a great day.

Sincerely,

@
  3. Vikko151 Win User

Dear @SwordofWhedon,

Thanks for you reply. I've to assume that the Intel® Core i7 4790 will be 10 years old next year, but there isn't any bottleneck, trust me. It works at 87% while my GPU is running at 100%, so it can't be the issue. Like I said, the GPU is used at a low percentage, and this is not due to a material problem. While waiting for a solution, I'm playing OptiFine 1.20.1 without any issue with a GPU-intensive and CPU-intensive shaders ; the FPS are always higher than 165 HZ.

Anyways, thanks for your answer and if you have any idea, please tell them to me.

Best regards,

@
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Greetings, @ !

70% of GPU use = 55 FPS

100% of GPU use = 55 : 70 x 100 = approximatively 79 FPS.
    70% of GPU doesn't mean the game isn't using your hardware to the fullest.

The CPU doesn't just compute the game logic and AI, it also draws the scene, it sends the drawn frames to the GPU to render the graphics. If you're aiming for 60fps, but your CPU isn't good enough, your graphics card will not render all of those frames. It doesn't matter how powerful your GPU is.

One classic example of a bottleneck occurs when an outdated processor is combined with a more advanced graphics card in a demanding CPU-intensive game. In this situation, the CPU struggles to process the game, resulting in only 30 frames being drawn, and consequently, the GPU only renders those 30 frames. If you were to observe this scenario using a benchmarking tool, you would typically see the CPU utilization at 100% while the GPU operates at 30% (or something similar). This is a classic illustration of a CPU bottleneck.

Likewise, when modern CPU's are benchmarked for performance, a game will generally be locked at 1080P. Then, to test the graphics card performance, the resolution and or other graphics settings are increased.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

At 1440P

Max about 105 fps on Quake 2 RTX, average in the 90's

I can play Portal RTX at between 100 to 70fps. Not maxed out. Using 2 light bounces. On my old 8th Gen i7 and 3070 it was nearly unplayable.

Slightly more powerful machine than you though. i5 13600K, 32GB RAM and an RTX 3080 (10GB) graphics card.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Your CPU is from 2014 and it will be the bottleneck when it comes to getting higher frame rates on the latest games.

Your RTX 2060 isn't high end. It wasn't particularly high end when it came out in 2019. We're now in the RTX 4xxxx era.

You can pretty much forget getting a stable 60fps with Ray Tracing on in Minecraft. The RT in Minecraft is the far more computational intensive 'path tracing' RT. You're lucky to get 50fps with RT on.
Thema:

1. Windows Store Apps isn't running at a high FPS - Similar Threads - Windows Store Apps

2. Windows Store and Xbox app not working properly, how to fix?

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Store and Xbox app not working properly, how to fix?: Hi, I've been trying to install the Minecraft Launcher for a while now, but every time I try, the install button is just greyed out. If I wait for around 5 minutes, it takes me to the "We'll...
  3. windows 10 my forza horizon 4 what from Microsoft store i cant login in to xbox app and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    windows 10 my forza horizon 4 what from Microsoft store i cant login in to xbox app and...: windows 10 my forza horizon 4 what from Microsoft store i cant login in to xbox app and forza horizon 4 beacuse its write for me that "you may not proceed without being signed in to a profile"...
  4. Windows 11: Cannot Switch Microsoft Accounts in Microsoft Store or Xbox App

in XBoX Accessibility
    Windows 11: Cannot Switch Microsoft Accounts in Microsoft Store or Xbox App: As the question suggests account switching is not happening in the MS Store or in the Xbox app. I wanted to have a separate account for gaming and another one for my work purposes. Need both to be...
  5. Unable to download Starfield via Game Pass on Windows 11 Xbox App and Windows Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download Starfield via Game Pass on Windows 11 Xbox App and Windows Store: Hi. I bought game pass (not Ultimate) a few weeks ago, and hoped to be able to download Starfield ahead of its release on the 6th Sept (tomorrow). However, there seems to be a bug on my...
  6. Xbox app and Gaming Services not installing from Windows Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app and Gaming Services not installing from Windows Store: I have been trying for a solid two weeks to get the Xbox app to allow me to install and play games. For the last year up until about two weeks ago it was working fine but out of the blue it...
  7. apps wont update windows store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    apps wont update windows store: i am unable to use the xbox app amazon prime app among others each needing an update and when going to the microsoft store I get an error for every app saying something went wrong on our end this...
  8. Windows Xbox App: Your Microsoft Store account must match your Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Windows Xbox App: Your Microsoft Store account must match your Xbox account: My Windows Xbox app is stating "Your Microsoft Store account must match your Xbox account". It is not letting me play cloud games because of this. I am also unable to stream from my Series X...
  9. MS Store or xBox app on Windows 11 can't change installation path from drive С to drive D

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MS Store or xBox app on Windows 11 can't change installation path from drive С to drive D: There is a game in the MS Store - A Plague Tale: Requiem - Windows Available with xbox game pass ultimate subscription Installed on one laptop drive C, everything is fine And I'm trying to...
  10. Window store and Xbox app freezing after loading/opening the app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Window store and Xbox app freezing after loading/opening the app.: Hence the title, my windows store, and Xbox app freeze when I open them, and this happened after I've updated my BIOS to the newest one for the Ryzen 9 5900x so I can use it. Are there any fixes...