Windows Media Centre

Discus and support Windows Media Centre in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have upgraded to windows ten but I want to connect to my xbox 360. I need to have windows 8 for media centre and also for xbox 360 smart glass. is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by President ELM0, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Windows Media Centre

I have upgraded to windows ten but I want to connect to my xbox 360. I need to have windows 8 for media centre and also for xbox 360 smart glass. is there somewhere I can download from

:)

President ELM0, Sep 24, 2018
  2. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    Media Centre vs Media Player

If you are using Windows XP Media Centre Edition you will gain nothing by using Media Centre to stream over Media Player.

voteDC, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Arris MP2150: media centre pc help me please

Arris (Set-top Boxes) MP2150: media centre pc help me please
    Hi

Your Chrome Book might allow DNLA streaming, which the Xbox 360 will support.

However the in-built Media Centre functions are designed for the Windows Media Centre add-on to Windows XP/7/8, Windows 10 doesn't support it.

UnsaidCargo4109, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Windows Media Centre

even though I am on win 10

President ELM0, Sep 24, 2018
  5. IRB
    IRB Guest
    Hi

Sadly not. Windows Media Centre was retired after Windows 8 and is no longer available for Windows.

You would need to use a Windows 8 install that has the Media Centre option.

6. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    Officially, Windows Media Center was discontinued in Windows 10.

However, some die-hard fans for Media Center created some unofficial guides on how to add Media Center back into Windows 10.

Be aware however, that the Anniversary Update broke Cable Tuner support and has issues with DRM.

For the
    guide on how to get Media Center running on Windows 10, click here

Arminator, Sep 24, 2018
  7. Windows 8 is now outdated and if you still want Windows 8, try look it in search engines.

Radiant Sword X, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Windows Media Centre