Window's game bar's capture folder has merged with the video folder. i haven't succeeded...

Discus and support Window's game bar's capture folder has merged with the video folder. i haven't succeeded... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I was attempting to move the captures folder, the folder where window's game bar recording function saves to, to a different drive. Unfortunately I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by CorbinAnseeuw, Mar 10, 2022.

1. Window's game bar's capture folder has merged with the video folder. i haven't succeeded...

I was attempting to move the captures folder, the folder where window's game bar recording function saves to, to a different drive. Unfortunately I failed to completely understand the instructions of "use File Explorer to move the Captures folder anywhere you want on your PC", and instead dragged and dropped, which then only copied, and then I deleted the original. It did not preserve game bar recording to it, and instead switched to my user videos folder. Which is a problem because videos is also a system folder.

I have attempted to use other guides on un merging documents and downloads folders, as well as other combinations, to no avail. In my attempts I managed to rename videos to captures, and can't be renamed.

I tried using registry editor to change an unnamed item that also directed to the videos folder that i suspected to be my captures folder, but it only reset itself after a restart.

A method to revert my mistake without requiring a reinstallation of windows would be greatly appreciated. I do not have auxiliary drives to back up data and would have to reinstall dozens of large games on poor internet.

:)

CorbinAnseeuw, Mar 10, 2022
  2. XBF - Drew Win User

Window's game bar's capture folder has merged with the video folder. i haven't succeeded with similar guides.

Hi CorbinAnseeuw,

Please report this as a problem using the Windows Feedback Hub for Team Xbox to investigate. This article has instructions on how to report it. When you are filling out the description include "Xbox Forums" to help us track it.

Thank you, and let me know when you have completed the report.

XBF Drew
  3. Rynn21 Win User

Game Bar Captures Folder Missing

I did exactly as this link shows, but redirecting to a slave drive's root.

The difference is, I didn't create a new folder on the separate drive before clicking ok. Somehow that made the real Captures folder go into the abyss.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/87523-move-location-game-dvr-captures-folder-windows-10-a.html

The capture folder is now completely missing. It cannot be located, and every time I re-open the game bar now it has decided to place where captures are saved in a different odd place. It went from the root of the slave drive of where I tried to move the captures
    folder to, to the Videos folder, to the temp folder, and now to the system recovery partition. It's acting weird. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game bar. No change.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

How could I recreate the "Captures" folder if I accidentally deleted it?

Hi, in the temp folder, the recordings are saved inside other folder?

If yes do this instead.

Go to Windows settings > gaming > captures > open folder > drag that folder to the Videos folder in your PC.

After that try doing a new recording and you should be able to see the new recording saved there.

If that doesn't work create the Captures folder inside Videos.

Then delete the registry keys associated with the game bar :

Press Windows key+R then type regedit and press Enter.

Go to this path (expand the folders using the little ">")

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR

Once there delete all the keys except (Default), restart your PC and check if you can save the clips inside Captures
  5. Kittenflap Win User

Xbox Game DVR: Unable to find captures?

No, I am not able to access the original 'Captures' folder from the Videos folder in the C Drive as I moved it to a portable hard drive. I created a new 'Captures' folder in the C Drive, but the Game Bar doesn't want to recognize it as a new one, that's
    my issue. Is there a way to make the new folder a default location for new captures?
  6. Rob Salmon 445 Win User

Change Xbox Game Bar captures folder after it was changed to temp folder automatically.

To change the default location of game bar captures folder on Windows 10, you can follow these steps:

- Open Settings by pressing Windows Logo key + I.

- Click on Gaming and select Captures from the left pane.

- Click on Open folder to open the current capture folder.

- Right-click on an empty space in the folder and select Properties.

- Click on Location tab, select Move and navigate to the Captures folder that you have created inside Videos folder.

- Alternatively, you can open File Explorer, click on This PC, browse to C:Users%username%Videos, right-click the Captures folder and select Properties, click the on the Location tab, and click the Move button.

- Another option is to create a new folder named Captures inside your Videos folder in your user profile, edit the registry to set the value data on that key to %USERPROFILE%VideosCaptures, and restart your PC.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you today. If you could let me know if we have answered your questions or if there is anything else we can assist you with?
Thema:

Window's game bar's capture folder has merged with the video folder. i haven't succeeded...

1. Window's game bar's capture folder has merged with the video folder. i haven't succeeded... - Similar Threads - Window's game bar's

2. Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened: Hi all, I enjoy gaming in my spare time and saving funny moments I have with mates using the game bar's shortcut to save the last 30 seconds. I've been doing it for years and usually compile a...
  3. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  4. XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times: Lately my xbox game bar screen record hasnt been working good. I usually do window + alt + r to record the last minutes of game clips but lately it hasnt been doing it as consistently. The most i...
  5. LFG Windows Game Bar not working for Diablo 4

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    LFG Windows Game Bar not working for Diablo 4: This issue has been brought up a few time already here but haven't gotten any good traction. I've played Diablo 4 since release up to season 2 on the Xbox. So, I know what a joy it is to be able...
  6. May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 15, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1001.2.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  8. May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  9. May 6, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.46.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 6, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.46.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  10. PC Gaming Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2405.1000.44.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    PC Gaming Preview Release Notes - Xbox App [2405.1000.44.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]